SEC Impact Freshmen

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Tabor as well. If we're including RS Freshman, throw Lane in the mix.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Before reading the article I thought they referenced Treon, not Marcell.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure about Harris and other RS FR but of the ones coming in this season I would say Tabor for sure and possibly Dawson will make an impact and OL Sharpe may end up playing quite a bit.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I believe one of the stud DL will be the top contributor among the true freshmen. Harris could really turn it on this year.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I hope someone, anyone makes an impact. It'd be nice to have a couple of 1st team All-Americans turn up like FSU had with Aguayo and Winston. Hargreaves was great last year. I would really be happy if a freshman defensive lineman becomes a terror, like Joey Bosa was for Ohio State last year. UF finished 96th in the country sacking the quarterback last year. Maybe Fowler will live up to the hype this year, but if not, let some freshman like Holley or Willis do it. I've given up on Bullard, he looks like another five-star bust.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:
I hope someone, anyone makes an impact. It'd be nice to have a couple of 1st team All-Americans turn up like FSU had with Aguayo and Winston. Hargreaves was great last year. I would really be happy if a freshman defensive lineman becomes a terror, like Joey Bosa was for Ohio State last year. UF finished 96th in the country sacking the quarterback last year. Maybe Fowler will live up to the hype this year, but if not, let some freshman like Holley or Willis do it. I've given up on Bullard, he looks like another five-star bust.
Looks like we have our first FSU fan posing as a gator on the GCMB.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:
I suspect he's RH from the old board.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The position we need a RS Freshmen to make the biggest impact is DT for depth purposes. If Harris makes a big impact, it will more likely be at special teams than at safety this year.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
I think Tabor as well. If we're including RS Freshman, throw Lane in the mix.
Harris and Tabor aren't redshirt freshmen yet. If they play enough this year, they'll be playing as true freshmen. Lane is the redshirt freshman I expect to have the greatest contribution this year. If we are talking true freshmen, then I'd lean toward Tabor because I think he's going to win the starting spot opposite VH3.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:
I don't mind rival posters as long as they admit their true allegiance.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:
Yeah...it's the trolls that try to disguise themselves as Gators that are the most annoying. See above for a prime example. :rolleyes:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping bostwick and Brantley become a nasty tandem

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:
I wouldn't say Bullard is a bust they had him playing freaking tackle at 265 pounds

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I'm hoping bostwick and Brantley become a nasty tandem
That would be a :dream come true" scenario for sure.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of Tabor. I have read a couple of articles where they were claiming Dawson was in front of him at the end of Spring in the pecking order at DB.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Speaking of Tabor. I have read a couple of articles where they were claiming Dawson was in front of him at the end of Spring in the pecking order at DB.
I'd love to read those articles? Any chance you can share the links?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Dawson is a beast. Not as rangy. But compact and fluid. Trained under Ratliff.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
I watched him play last year. We didn't have much of a passing game so I couldn't get a good read on his cover skills. However he received one hand off and took it 80 yards to the house

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:
You're an idiot. Bullard is a beast and a run stopper.

Chicks like you don't see anything but sacks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.