SEC Media Days

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Jackson is the only player going into camp not cleared for contact who will be playing next year. He should cleared very soon.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There will be 8 open practices in the fall, I will be there!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
oxrageous;n13803 said:
Yeah, the vein in his head will start pumping. Red will start to crawl from his neck up his face. He'll be squeezing so hard on that water bottle that it may explode. Then he'll start shouting about midlines.

If I was there, I would ask him that if the triple option negates defensive talent, then why aren't we running it?

Triple option absolutely negates defensive talent. It's a complete and total pain in the ass if you don't play your assignment. The best (and only) way to stop it is discipline. Obviously our team didn't have a ton of that last year.
If you run it and play against it on a regular basis, it's not as hard to defend; however, it's very difficult to stop what you're doing, during the season and practice for something totally different. Still, there's no reason why we should ever lose to a team like GSU. You have to credit GSU's coach. He saw that we had a walk-on playing LB and he exploited it.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n13835 said:
He should be fired immediately if that's the case.
He has always said his offensive philosophy is balance between the pass and run game. Anybody that thinks Roper is going to come out and throw it down the field 30 times a game is delusional. He runs a read option run game and a quick hit passing game. Balance is a key in Roper's offense and that is theone thing Muschamp has constantly preached on the offensive side of the ball. We would see a marked improvement if we stuck to that offensive philosophy and not the hat on a hat, run heavy offense we have been running. And for the love of god I hope we get rid of Pease's affinity for having two receiver run the same route within 5 yards of each other.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bsh3qVuCEAAoBYc.jpg:large

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
“I can’t tell you exactly what I said, but it wasn’t good.’’ — Muschamp when told OL Tyler Moore was hurt in a — scooter accident last year.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
RT @McMurphyESPN: In 3 years w/Muschamp, UF ranks 4th in defense (299 ypg) but only 112th of 120 teams in offense (326 ypg)

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n13829 said:
"We may be changing offensive sets / schemes etc but understand this - we will not be changing our offensive philosophy" Will Muschamp
What do you think that philosophy is?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n13825 said:
Honestly, I have no idea. Part of it could be it's hard to get sexy recruits running that type of offense, part of it could be not as many coaches know how to teach the triple option anymore, and part of it could be you can't win it all these days without at least having a serviceable passing game. Because at some point, you're going to have to come from behind, and it's not a great come from behind offense.

All I know is, if Georgia Tech ever figures out how to throw the ball, they'll win the ACC every year.

This is the reason why most schools don't run it. I work for a Division 2 school that runs this type of offense. Before they implemented it 5-6 years ago they were not known for having a winning program, but now they have had several consecutive winning seasons. While that offense has given schools fits, they also haven't had many come from behind victories either. It's a very good offense if you simply want to be relevant. Maybe UT should run it?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n13845 said:
He was talking about offensive balance.

That post of mine was meant as a joke before he was taking questions.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to remember him specifically mentioning Dawson but not Tabor but I might have missed Tabor's name. I wonder if Dawson is in line for that 2nd CB slot as of right now.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator said:
MJMGator;n13835 said:
He should be fired immediately if that's the case.
He has always said his offensive philosophy is balance between the pass and run game. Anybody that thinks Roper is going to come out and throw it down the field 30 times a game is delusional. He runs a read option run game and a quick hit passing game. Balance is a key in Roper's offense and that is theone thing Muschamp has constantly preached on the offensive side of the ball. We would see a marked improvement if we stuck to that offensive philosophy and not the hat on a hat, run heavy offense we have been running. And for the love of god I hope we get rid of Pease's affinity for having two receiver run the same route within 5 yards of each other.
Good points!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
GIGator;n13858 said:
What do you think that philosophy is?

see above^^
The philosophy is to be a balanced offense - a blue-collar OL, with a strong running game. We pretty much saw that offense in the Miami game. Take away the mistakes and we moved the ball pretty much at will and it was balanced. Muschamp's philosophy is no different than any successful coach. Even Spurrier has become more if a balanced coach. Muschamp deserves some criticism; but, he shouldn't be criticized for wanting a balanced offense.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
I seem to remember him specifically mentioning Dawson but not Tabor but I might have missed Tabor's name. I wonder if Dawson is in line for that 2nd CB slot as of right now.
From what I am hearing, Dawson is leading to competition between the two. I expect that to change when they strap the pads on. Either way, they will both play a lot of football, unless they just fall apart.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator said:
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
Asked to ID a breakthru #Gator player this yr UF CB Vernon Hargreaves raved DeMarcus Robinson. "You've heard here first. He is THAT good."
That would be great. He's definitely talented enough and this offense really fits him well. He did not like Pease, after he arrived at UF. A lot of the players did not care for Pease and the way he interacted with players. They say it's 180 degrees with Roper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.