Seider Replaced by Larry Scott

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Well in Mullens defense Seider did chose to come work for butters. Looking back now thats a pretty big red flag in itself.

Seider may be the best rb coach there is, but he was a part of that shythole staff that just left. So I'm perfectly fine with starting from scratch and getting rid of every last one of them, all the way down to the water and towel boys.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Terrible move by mullen. You don't let seider walk. Wtf?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
People freaking out over the running backs coach. I don't think the job even existed when I was in school.

Of course, we wore leather helmets, too

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think the job even existed when I was in school.

:rolleyes4:

You already admitted that you spent your entire 7 years of undergraduate stoned on mushrooms.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:rolleyes4:

You already admitted that you spent your entire 7 years of undergraduate stoned on mushrooms.
Fake news. It only took me six.

True story: A guy on campus got so messed up on shrooms that he tried to crucify himself.

Somebody back me up on the story. Happened in '75 or '76 I think.

I was at home studying for a test.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
No freaking out at all. Just feel it was a mistake that may come back to haunt us. Seider is one of the good guys. Talented, personable, relates to kids and gets them to perform. All attributes that help him recruit. Got to meet him last year when he was inducted into the Palm Beach County HOF. Impressive guy. Having hitched his wagon to UF I really felt he was going to recruit Muck City hard over the next couple of years and reopen that pipeline. Disappointed and mark my words...you will see some elite recruits from Glades and Pahokee in Penn State uniforms within 2 years.

Having said all that....I am a firm believer in the leadership axiom that the man at the top has the right to build his leadership team as he sees fit. DM will live and die with his choices so he gets to make the call. I’m rooting hard for him. Just wish we could have kept Seider as a personal observation.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Let Seider go to the land of the pedophile. **** him. Last remaining POS from the Montana Yokel staff. Fumigate the whole damned place.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fake news. It only took me six.

True story: A guy on campus got so messed up on shrooms that he tried to crucify himself.

Somebody back me up on the story. Happened in '75 or '76 I think.

I was at home studying for a test.

Don't know about that one but I did hear about the stoned out couple having sex near the stage during the Halloween Ball on The Plaza of the Americas. I believe the band that year was "Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen".

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
This is a hit. I don't think it is a surprise since they moved him away from RBs. I don't think he was excited to coach TEs.

Mullen has hired a lot of his former Miss. St guys so I expect somebody else that he knows and trusts. This Knox guy better be good... because the only position group that performed last year were the RBs and that was Seider's group. Then you add in that he is a very good recruiter and is most likely going to Penn State where he can and probably will pull some Florida kids...

But if he goes to PSU as WR coach that scuttles the idea that the position change was the issue. I suspect it had more to do with personality & fit or there’s something else behind the scenes that maybe we won’t ever know. The timing is lousy, which makes me wonder why.

He’s apparently a good coach & recruiter, but he has not yet caught an opportunity to rise above being a position coach. So, yes, he’s replaceable.

Fred

Nov 27, 2017
Hopefully Larry Scott will join the staff. He would probably be a better TE coach and offset the loss of a good recruiter in Seider.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know about that one but I did hear about the stoned out couple having sex near the stage during the Halloween Ball on The Plaza of the Americas. I believe the band that year was "Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen".
Remember that. Same period.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Marianna-FL_Gator can you check with your sources. I recently heard that Seider was pushed out and was actually called a "snake" by some on the staff. Basically, he wasn't a fit on Mullen's staff and got encouraged to leave, which is why he left prior to NSD rather than waiting until after. Given the timing of events it makes sense, just wondering if it holds any truth or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb