Seider Replaced by Larry Scott

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Fred, Jan 24, 2018.

1. CapitalGator02

CapitalGator02 Has Anyone Found My Member?

Oxbucks:
    $815
    Ratings:
    +2,739 / -32
    Picture1.jpg

2. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $546
    Ratings:
    +1,141 / -13
    Not sure how much we actually disagree on. He was absolutely pushed out and there was absolutely friction. It was pretty clear what it was and where it came from and why. I have no reason to doubt that someone who was involved may have called him a snake and that this person had a clear reason to want Seider gone. In fact, it appears it was very important to him that he be gone immediately. No waiting for NSD. All sides agreed....and he is gone. The source knows exactly how this played out behind the scenes I’m sure.

At this point...as much as i like and respect Seider..it is probably for the better. He moves on and lands in a top job and his replacement can begin building and strengthening relationships with those he leads. DM needs everyone on the same page with unity and cohesion. This could be another example of DM demonstrating his own capacity to lead and to build his team. Seider was an outsider and it wasn’t going to work with the MSU crowd. He saw it and pulled the trigger. I’m of the opinion that DM has to own it all. There can’t be any excuses when the whistle blows. His team, his staff, his philosophy.....I’m all in and support him completely. He has to live and own his decisions.

3. alcoholica

alcoholica Banned
    BANNED

Oxbucks:
    $844
    Ratings:
    +6,798 / -221
    honestly, I'll give @Marianna-FL_Gator the benefit of the doubt on most news he gives. His sources whiffed on Nuss being gone before last season, and we all gave him hell for it. But, I rarely have an opportunity to give him grief. Basically what he confirmed was that the current staff (not sure if coaches or other members of the staff) had issues with Seider. It doesn't mean that anyone said he was a bad coach. If you took it as they said he was a bad person, then that was your interpretation. My interpretation was that there was a personality conflict and Mullen pushed him on out. I really don't have a problem with it. I'd rather everyone be on the same page than have internal conflict.

That's why I asked Mari to elaborate, because there is really nothing more to interpret out of it without more info. I'm with Law on Mullen's personality. I was told the UAA thought he was an ******* back when he was OC. Never thought he'd be our coach.

4. Jay26

Jay26 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,071
    Ratings:
    +7,714 / -221
    Well you should love him! The two of you would get along wonderfully!

:grin:

5. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey 98.2% sarcasm 1.8% full of shyt
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    Loser!

6. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $546
    Ratings:
    +1,141 / -13
    I rarely pay any attention to who writes what on here. I just like to read the posts and occasionally respond. Marianna is an exception. I read him because I appreciate the information he provides and he does seem to be infinitely more accurate than some others. I don’t think I disagree with anything HE reported about Seider. I do question the source’s agenda in putting out the story in the manner and tone that he did. I believe he probably knows what went down and is probably framing it in the best possible light for those remaining. Not a bad strategy and a quite common tactic. High stakes college football is not for the faint of heart.

Reminds me of when there was a behind the scenes campaign to disparage Jacoby Brissett’s character when he “lost” the battle for starting QB and decided to transfer. It became important to a few that he be painted as a malcontent and cancer who was doing everything to undermine the coaches authority and sabotage Driskel and the team. Truth be known, he is one of the quietest, most respectful young men you will ever meet. Everyone who has ever known him knew that the whisper campaign was untruthful.

When a man’s character is being besmirched I think it is important it come from a named source. I tend to question unnamed sources in these scenarios. I could quickly be convinced that Seider is a snake and a bad human being if the source steps forward and lays it out. Why would I care? He’s not my relative. In fact, I would almost want it to be true....it would be easier to rationalize letting a good coach and recruiter walk.

7. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    That is a whole lot of truth.

8. Jay26

Jay26 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,071
    Ratings:
    +7,714 / -221
    :cool:

9. CGgater

CGgater Gainesville Native

Oxbucks:
    $796
    Ratings:
    +3,332 / -23
    How else should I interpret someone being referred to as, “a snake?”

As for the rest of your post, we generally agree. Mari is usually accurate and reports what he hears. As Marine1 already pointed out, there’s reason to be skeptical of anonymous sources throwing mud.

10. lizardbreath

lizardbreath Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $343
    Ratings:
    +408 / -7
    Seider was head and shoulders better than the drek Mac hired to fill the other spots on his staff. There's just no way of really knowing what effect his departure has until we see the product on the field. Like others have said, it is at DM's door - come what may. I'm still optimistic that we will see progress across the board and that this will be largely forgotten - if that is in fact the case. Of course if that is not the outcome, let the sharpening of the pitchforks begin.

11. gatorkev85

gatorkev85 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $559
    Ratings:
    +607 / -204
    I leave for 21 days and this is what I come back to? One of our best recruiters leaving because Mullen asked him to coach a position he's never coached. Sound dumb on Mullen's part if you ask me. I guess TE is not much of a priority.

12. gatormandan

gatormandan On our way back!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $854
    Ratings:
    +5,385 / -166
    Yeah, I didnt think you would actually read what has been posted.....

13. TN G8tr

TN G8tr The "Original" TN G8tr
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $236
    Ratings:
    +2,233 / -10
    Who knows exactly what was going on with Seider. Was he a great recruiter, perhaps but it may have been overshadowed by McButters' debacle at UF. At least Mullen tried to keep him. If DM had no interest in him staying he would have never been offered. There must be more to it than that and perhaps the staff was not getting along. It happens in coaching changes.

14. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,279
    Ratings:
    +7,552 / -36
    What PSU offered Seider may provide the best explanation for his path.

15. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    Rb and more money?

16. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    We were just keeping to land the dec commitments. He was basically the key recruiter for every one of them except EJ of course.

17. TN G8tr

TN G8tr The "Original" TN G8tr
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $236
    Ratings:
    +2,233 / -10
    Very good question.

18. GatorJ

GatorJ Hopeful

Oxbucks:
    $1,487
    Ratings:
    +9,245 / -58
    To my understanding he came here because a family or medical situation routed him back to Florida. And he wanted to stay.

19. ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $804
    Ratings:
    +918 / -69
    If I'm not mistaken, his son's medical situation was what kept him at wvu. He had wanted to come back to Fl and did once that situation was handled. He is now having to go back north (psu is a great spot for him though), bc he's not mullen's buddy.

20. GatorJ

GatorJ Hopeful

Oxbucks:
    $1,487
    Ratings:
    +9,245 / -58
    Could be. I’m not really sure. I know there was some type of situation which allowed him to come to UF.

All indications (of which I’ve seen) was that he really wanted to be and to stay at UF.