Senior Democrat in Congess - Rep. Conyers used taxpayer money to pay off sexual assault accusers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gator Fever, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod/she-complained-that-a-powerful-congressman-harassed-her?utm_term=.uskb1ydEP#.eqZ6lOMNX

Documents from the complaint obtained by BuzzFeed News include four signed affidavits, three of which are notarized, from former staff members who allege that Conyers, the ranking Democrat on the powerful House Judiciary Committee, repeatedly made sexual advances to female staff that included requests for sexual favors, contacting and transporting other women with whom they believed Conyers was having affairs, caressing their hands sexually, and rubbing their legs and backs in public. Four people involved with the case verified the documents are authentic.

[​IMG]
    Alex Wong / Getty Images
    Rep. John Conyers speaks at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's 45th annual legislative conference, Washington, DC, September 18, 2015.

And the documents also reveal the secret mechanism by which Congress has kept an unknown number of sexual harassment allegations secret: a grinding, closely held process that left the alleged victim feeling, she told BuzzFeed News, that she had no option other than to stay quiet and accept a settlement offered to her.

“I was basically blackballed. There was nowhere I could go,” she said in a phone interview. BuzzFeed News is withholding the woman’s name at her request because she said she fears retribution.

The woman who settled with Conyers launched the complaint with the Office of Compliance in 2014, alleging she was fired for refusing his sexual advances, and ended up facing a daunting process that ended with a confidentiality agreement in exchange for a settlement of more than $27,000. Her settlement, however, came from Conyers’ office budget rather than the designated fund for settlements.
    -------------------------------------------------

It figures the longest serving Democrat in congress would be up to no good like this and forcing himself on women while using taxpayer dollars to shut the case down.

2. gatordad3

gatordad3 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $96
    Ratings:
    +637 / -7
  3. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    I have a feeling we will be getting a story soon showing specifics on how Democrats and a Rep or two were using taxpayer funds to hide all their sexual assaults etc. Conyer is just the first specific one and it wouldn't surprise me if some victims related to Franken while he has been in office show up also.

4. itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $238
    Ratings:
    +6,446 / -36
    “Blackballed”

:lol:

5. Okeechobee Joe

Okeechobee Joe Lost Ball in High Grass
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $340
    Ratings:
    +4,746 / -12
    I wonder what our friend Maxine has to say about this?

6. gatordad3

gatordad3 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $96
    Ratings:
    +637 / -7
    (With a raspy voice) Impeach 45 impeach 45 impeach 45 impeach 45

7. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    Now some Disney bigshot is having to take a leave of absence due to sexual harassment claims. I wonder whether more Dems or more Hollywood executives/directors/actors have sexual assault allegations. The amount of perversion on the left is crazy.

8. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
  9. gingerlover

gingerlover Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $192
    Ratings:
    +1,182 / -5
    John Lassiter. He’s the guy that made Pixar and is now in charge of all the Disney animation. Trying to read the articles. So far I got that he gets real handsy and makes inappropriate comments when drunk at parties. Trying to see what else they dug up on him.

10. Windy City Gator

Windy City Gator Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $58
    Ratings:
    +132 / -18
    Would that include the ones agent orange also paid off??? I am all for it!!!! Will he also require them to release their tax returns...oh wait.....LOL

11. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    Lol Trump has never paid a woman off in a lawsuit accusing "him" of sexual assault. There may have been ones that involved a company he owned etc. involving someone working there but he has never paid an accuser off that claimed he sexually assaulted them.

12. itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $238
    Ratings:
    +6,446 / -36
    [​IMG]

13. Lake Gator

Lake Gator Money talks, Coaches walk.
    Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $38
    Ratings:
    +1,875 / -20
    Impeach Trump.

14. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/maxine-waters-to-women-john-conyers-has-impeccable-integrity-on-our-issues/article/2641351
    [​IMG]

Maxine Waters - “You know, there is a member of Congress who has been supportive of women for many, many, many years,” said said in a keynote address to the Women's Convention Sojourner Truth Luncheon in Detroit.

“He is quiet, he is confident, he is powerful, but he has impeccable integrity on all of our issues. Give John Conyers a big round of applause.”

15. Windy City Gator

Oxbucks:
    $58
    Ratings:
    +132 / -18
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...-to-trumps-16-sexual-misconduct-accusers.html

I know, I know "fake news" because it doesn't fit agent orange's and his follower's narrative

16. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
  17. Windy City Gator

Oxbucks:
    $58
    Ratings:
    +132 / -18
    Um....he didn't pay her???? Or because of the non disclosures after a predator pays, no one can confirm, like Weinstein. Sure looks like she was paid to keep her mouth shut.

In 1997 Harth and Houraney sued Trump for breach of contract, and she filed a separate sexual-harassment suit, accusing him of “attempted rape.” They reached a confidential settlement in the contract suit, and as part of the agreement Harth withdrew her suit.

18. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $242
    Ratings:
    +2,117 / -35
    Tax returns? You going with that still? Tax returns? They started all this crap with Trump and now they get to air out their own laundry. If you live in a glass house........

19. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    Just like I said

20. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +208 / -10
    If I am as a taxpayer, doling out money for any person of congress bad behavior, I want to know who and get them out. It's not just a morality issue it's a money issue. I say if there is smoke there is fire and I want politicians to be terrified that if they commit impropriety they are out, done, finished.