Senior Democrat in Congess - Rep. Conyers used taxpayer money to pay off sexual assault accusers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gator Fever, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    The democrat leaders don't see it that way I guess.

2. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +208 / -10
    Do pubs want names published? Or is it both want to be protected from their bad behavior coming to light?

3. Theologator

Theologator Enchanter

Oxbucks:
    $282
    Ratings:
    +1,096 / -12
    Settling a lawsuit doesn’t mean the accuser is right. It means the cost in money and publicity of fighting it is higher than the cost of settling it. Guilt may or may not be involved.

4. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $264
    Ratings:
    +1,496 / -148
    Quite correct, but for members of congress they should use their own money not government money to either settle or fight. They are in total control of their staffs. or at least I think that they are.

5. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +208 / -10
    They should be above the appearance of impropriety. If someone settled with my taxpayer money, I want them out.

6. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    A woman who used to work as the top Democratic lawyer for the House Judiciary Committee said that Rep. John Conyers (D-MI) once showed up to a meeting wearing nothing but his underwear.

7. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +208 / -10
    Of course not. You can't prove most of that stuff so that would be an admission of guilt. He settled with one for "breach of contract", who also sued for sexual harassment. She dropped that latter when he settled the former.

Do I think he walked in on women in various stages of undress in his pageants, yes. Did he grope women? Probably on Stern and in that access hollywood he says he can with impunity as it he was bragging about doing it, but you can't prove it. What he did not have Charlie Rose, Cosby, and Weinstein, and now Roy Moore had is an MO. When many different women tell the same story, and weird ones that one would not make up, to various people at the time they occurred, well you can't make that stuff up. So if it's gonna be a he said she said and he has a habit of suing anyone who says anything about him that cannot be proven they are not able to even tell their truth let alone seek financial remedy. I would never go up against him.

8. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    What do you think of your fellow Nurse's comments Traumagirl?

9. Theologator

Theologator Enchanter

Oxbucks:
    $282
    Ratings:
    +1,096 / -12
    A settlement in lieu of a lawsuit in the private sector is usually paid by the insurer. The Congress must not buy that sort of coverage. The individual should be covered by their employer unless guilt is established.

10. ChiefGator

Oxbucks:
    $264
    Ratings:
    +1,496 / -148
    "Could" not "Can" and the evidence is piling up that many have been in fact doing that and getting away with it for a long time. That was the point and the only point of what the president said. Now hopefully things are changing, nobody is going to tolerate this type of actions, people effected will quit rather than be abused.

11. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +208 / -10
    Depends on the context when he said it, the context was present "can" on both Howard Stern and Access hollywood, his comments at the time, not in retrospect. Though I would not want to be judged on every error of grammar and spelling versus thought process, especially after a few glasses of wine, lol. But as long as we are critiquing grammar the word is affected not effected. You are affected by something that happens to you or you effect change.

12. ChiefGator

Oxbucks:
    $264
    Ratings:
    +1,496 / -148
    Nothing to do with grammar, meaning. And it is clear to me he was not admitting doing anything, but rather commenting on just what we see has happened in many arenas. And for me neither spelling or grammar counts much if anything.

13. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    Yep many women sleeping with these idiots to work their way up the ladder certainly didn't help things.

14. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +208 / -10
    Okay: Challenge...Of all the women who reported from Ashley Judd to Charlie Rose abusers who "slept with them"? None EWE!!! Charlie says he thought his feelings were reciprocated. Yeah at 22 I and going to look at an old, wrinkled, pruned man out of the shower and say I want some of that! Get real, lol. They may not have reported it but they did not sleep with them.

#34 Traumagirl, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  15. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    lol In the workplace and Hollywood etc. all kinds of women have slept with these sexual harassment clowns or put up with their harassment to get their next job or a promotion. You are very naive if you don't know that.

16. ChiefGator

Oxbucks:
    $264
    Ratings:
    +1,496 / -148
    And by my estimation the congress person is their employer. They hire whoever they want without any restrictions so they should pay.

17. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +208 / -10
    Ok I don't know about unnamed women nor have you produced anything with a link to support your claim. What I do know? The women who reported, NONE of them did that, so it's a Red herring. Try again.

18. Scott512

Scott512 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $81
    Ratings:
    +784 / -18
    Dems standing by him and Franken stein! They make quite a tag team!

And yes I would say the same thing if it was repubs molesting breasts in photos and proof they paid people off with tax payer money and walking around the office in their undies.

Does Charles Rangle another prominent dem still have his freedom?

19. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    [​IMG]Robert Draper‏Verified [email protected]
    Also at this morning's House Democratic caucus: James Clyburn compared Conyers' accusers to the child murderer Susan Smith, who initially claimed a black man had abducted her kids. Clyburn said, these are all white women who've made these charges against Conyers.

1:36 PM - 29 Nov 2017
    ---------------------------------

The Democrats might have a problem with this Conyers case PC wise. :D

20. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +208 / -10
    I posted in that thread exactly what I thought. She is not my fellow nurse, I never worked with her. She is a nut bag who happens to be a nurse.