Shane Matthews' son takes recruiting visit to UGA

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't Shane the one that threw that game losing INT against Bama in the SEC championship?:) Actually, I'm a Shane fan but it's hard to forgive that pass. He got snookered by that DB. Oh well, I'll get over it someday.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The kid is 5'10 and going into the 11th grade. Shane is, what, 6'3? Can someone say, "Milk man"!?!?!
He looks like Shane. That hairline seems to be receding on top. He's trying to make up for male patterned baldness with the long locks.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Wasn't Shane the one that threw that game losing INT against Bama in the SEC championship?:) Actually, I'm a Shane fan but it's hard to forgive that pass. He got snookered by that DB. Oh well, I'll get over it someday.

If I remember correctly, I though Spurrier had said the receiver had ran the wrong route or a lazy route and the DB Langham jumped all over it and the rest is history. The receiver was Duncan maybe?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If I remember correctly, I though Spurrier had said the receiver had ran the wrong route or a lazy route and the DB Langham jumped all over it and the rest is history. The receiver was Duncan maybe?

Monte Duncan.

I think Spurrier was just covering for "his" qb. It was equally a bad play.

Either way, we gave them a hell of a game.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The kid is 5'10 and going into the 11th grade. Shane is, what, 6'3? Can someone say, "Milk man"!?!?!

No but I can say regression to the mean which is the scientific response as opposed to the snarky response. Of course I guess snarky always wins on message boards!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Monte Duncan.

Yep, I always viewed it as covering for his QB that he needed for the bowl game. Spurrier made it up to Duncan some by having him be a GA or something after he had a neck injury and had to quit playing.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Spurrier would know. They had a little doc on that game among some of the players, Langham and some other Bama players were there. According to Shane, they had been running that same route and beating them with it. Langham said he was anticipating it and the rest is history. Shane didn't mention the receiver but Spurrier would know, that's for sure.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sign him, who knows. We'll need the QB's.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Monte Duncan.

If it hadnt been basically a fckn Home Game for Bama we probably win anyway,.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator