Sharrif Floyd will sue James Andrews and others for $180,000,000

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by deuce, Nov 6, 2018.

1. ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,980
    Ratings:
    +2,117 / -260
    Feel bad for both sides. Sh!tty situation.

2. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $788
    Ratings:
    +2,666 / -48
    I had a total hip patient that had the same outcome after the block and that's how it went down. Not only did she have permanent damage and zero quad left but she had to have a revision of the hip and went back to the same surgeon. WTF? I guess no one else would touch it.

3. EyeDocGator

EyeDocGator Politically Incorrect
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,125
    Ratings:
    +2,341 / -21
    I'm glad I don't have a lot of stories like this. A patient complained of nausea before cataract surgery; the anesthesiologist said he could give him something. We waited around 20 minutes and the patient said he felt fine. In the middle of the surgery, with the eye open, the patient again complained of nausea. Now, the anesthesiologist tells me he can't give the patient any more medication for nausea. Before I could get the eye closed the patient started retching, had a big hemorrhage and ultimately lost vision in the eye. My insurance company settled. I assume the anesthesiologist's did also. I never spoke with him again, and he was never assigned to any of my cases again.

The extremely high success rate of some of these procedures lulls people into thinking there is no risk at all. Just goes to show there is no substitute for being lucky.

4. NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR Deep Behind Enemy Lines

Oxbucks:
    $724
    Ratings:
    +730 / -67
    In today's world someone ELSE always has to be at fault.

No surgery is without risk.

And we wonder why health care is so expensive?