NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This place is getting more perverted than the Saloon.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This is a great thread!. I'm going to have to go back and try some of those options as I get terrible razor burn with my Mach 3 and Gillete Gel. I've been looking for a solution for a while.
BTW If anybody is looking for a shave (or a haircut) try a Floyd's Barbershop if you have one near you. It's a step above any of the other chains.They have stylists and certified barbers. But you'll probably need to make an appointment with the barbers because they seem to be backed up.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is a great thread!. I'm going to have to go back and try some of those options as I get terrible razor burn with my Mach 3 and Gillete Gel. I've been looking for a solution for a while.
BTW If anybody is looking for a shave (or a haircut) try a Floyd's Barbershop if you have one near you. It's a step above any of the other chains.They have stylists and certified barbers. But you'll probably need to make an appointment with the barbers because they seem to be backed up.
Yeah I saw they built one at the 5 points on Fairbanks in Winter Park. Place always looked busy whenever I drove by. I didn't realize it was a franchise.
By the way, any of you lounge lizards sporting the Duck Dynasty look, here's a great story. I think I'm gonna go shave.
Beard bacteria could lead to new antibiotics
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/02/02/beard-bacteria-could-lead-to-new-antibiotics.html

1454435036488.jpg

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I saw they built one at the 5 points on Fairbanks in Winter Park. Place always looked busy whenever I drove by. I didn't realize it was a franchise.
By the way, any of you lounge lizards sporting the Duck Dynasty look, here's a great story. I think I'm gonna go shave.
Beard bacteria could lead to new antibiotics
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/02/02/beard-bacteria-could-lead-to-new-antibiotics.html

1454435036488.jpg

Just keep that facial hair away from the taint

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Goon shows up and the thread turns into shaving the taint. :lol:

I tried Nair on my junk once. Please dont make the same mistake.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I have come to the conclusion that all gels suck for my face. Bad. It makes more of a difference than the razor. Find, or order, that caffeinated cream... and give it a try.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Goon shows up and the thread turns into shaving the taint. :lol:

I tried Nair on my junk once. Please dont make the same mistake.

That would have been a good story for the "what's the dumbest thing you have done" thread. I'll have to get my thoughts together and share it in there.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is what I use - Gillette 10 pack disposable.
300.jpg

I really hate shaving so I'm happy to be in the same boat as Squatch - don't have to shave but 2x per week. And I rarely use shaving cream (takes too much time) - a little hot water on the face after getting out of the shower usually does the trick. But when I do use shaving cream, I prefer the Barbasol original.

Use til lubricant-strip is gone.....can't be beat.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
That would have been a good story for the "what's the dumbest thing you have done" thread. I'll have to get my thoughts together and share it in there.
With regards to the dumbest thing to put on your junk my girlfriend and I were reenacting the 9 1/2 weeks kitchen scene and she put mustard on me. Let's just say I now know why that stuff is used in mustard gas.
So I tried the hydro 5 today (Amazon is amazing). It's a bulkier and a little less maneuverable than the Gillette Mach 5 turbo but the shave seems acceptable. I haven't received the caffeinated creme yet but I'm looking forward to that because like you I'm thinking the lotion is more important than the razor.

Somebody was complaining about razor burn which I have a problem with so I'll share what works for me. I have a tough, fast growing beard and I get a 5' o'clock shadow so I need to shave again if I go out in the evening.
1) Shave everyday - for whatever reason if a skip a day I'm going to get a razor burn the next day that ends up in a rash that lasts all week.
2) Shave your beard not your skin - light pressure, better to not get a close shave than to end up with diaper rash on your face
3) Prepare your beard like you prepare your women - get it wet, hot and slick. Soak your beard. I shave in the sower so that's not a problem. You are supposed to let your shaving creme stay on your face for 2-3 minutes. And find a good creme. Foams are supposed to be bad because they are all air.
4) Use a moisturizing after shave lotion. Currently I'm using something from Nivea but I'm going to try the caffeinated stuff.

At Floyd's they will use a barber's straight razor on the back of your neck. I find it depends on the skill of the operator. I've had them shave too close and my neck be itchy for a couple of days after. BTW I learned that in order for someone to use the straight razor on your face they have to be a licensed barber. So if you want to have your face done you need to ask specifically for a barber.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With regards to the dumbest thing to put on your junk my girlfriend and I were reenacting the 9 1/2 weeks kitchen scene and she put mustard on me.
This is what's called the Little Smokie in the kitchen.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I use Dollar Shave Club as well. However, am I the only guy here that shaves in the shower? It's a much, much better experience for your skin. I've got a fogless mirror on suction cups on the wall. Get your face nice and hot, put on some shaving cream, shave, and then rinse with hot water. Much less razor burn and irritation. I use an aftershave gel after I get out of the shower.

For those dorks that have never done it, try it and report back with your experience.

I've used this aftershave gel for years and cannot go without it now:

71n610l7s4L._SY355_.jpg

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I still have the Braun electric I used while at G-W as a student....circa 1991-93. I go through about two heads a year, only shave every other day, always have. About 10 years ago when heads were starting to get hard to find, Target had marked down my models replacements to an absurd $1.97 for a two pack. I bought all ten packs they had immediately, and put my last replacement in last fall. I haven't been able to find any on Amazon or elsewhere on the internet, so I likely will have to break down and buy a new one later in the year. Getting nearly a quarter century out of an electric wasn't a bad deal though.

I go to an old fashioned barber once a month and get the neck shave with my haircut. They slap this powder and after shave on after.....I use the after shave....old school stuff for sure, but it works and isn't too overpowering, but likely might make me smell more like an old **** than I already do, although Mrs. GWAG is loving and doesn't complain......

upload_2016-2-8_16-9-54.jpeg

upload_2016-2-8_16-10-29.jpeg

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dollar Shave Club. I use their Executive (5 blade), get a 4 pack every two months for like $9. Also use their "Shave Butter," which is delightful.
Use the company that supplies dollar shave club...buy direct from the source instead of signing up for automatic delivery. Bought a razor and 10 extra blades for like 17 bucks about a 1 1/2 years ago and still have 2 blades left. Granted i only shave my neck so it doesn't get used often but back when i shaved my entire face the blades still lasted me at least twice as long as mach razors i used to use

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.