-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I use Dollar Shave Club as well. However, am I the only guy here that shaves in the shower? It's a much, much better experience for your skin. I've got a fogless mirror on suction cups on the wall. Get your face nice and hot, put on some shaving cream, shave, and then rinse with hot water. Much less razor burn and irritation. I use an aftershave gel after I get out of the shower.

For those dorks that have never done it, try it and report back with your experience.

I've used this aftershave gel for years and cannot go without it now:

71n610l7s4L._SY355_.jpg
I switched to shaving in the shower about 10 years ago and won't go back

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So I have been using the Schick Hydro 5 for awhile. On Amazon subscription it is $15.72 for an 8 pack: so $1.97 a cartridge. I change my blade once a week.

So based on some comments here, I bought a Gillette Fusion Proshield with the "chill". This razor is much better than the Schick. It was easily the closet shave I have ever had, AND it was also truly zero irritation. Stunning really. The "chill" lubrication strip left a very refreshing cooling sensation on my face. I've never experienced one of those stupid strips actually do something. (I will say the trimmer feature is much better on the Hydro) The rub? It's $32.86 for an 8 pack, for a whopping $4.11 a blade. I will be curious if I can comfortably get more than a week out of it.

(I dont know if the Proshield is better than then Proglide. The Proglide is "only" $21.67 for an 8 pack))

Also, I've given up on all the gels. I've tried them all. I'll stick with Pacific Shaving Co caffeinated shaving cream. I recently tried the Van Der Hagen Shave Butter (Walmart) and it is also excellent. Both if these are true non aerosol creams that make your face amazingly slick.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just shave in the shower and you'll never go back.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fine. I will try it just to shut you up.

You have a mirror like this?
Amazon product

Something similar, yes. Remember how in the barber shops they would put a hot towel around your face for a bit before they shaved you? A shave is much, much easier on the face when it's heated up. So do your regular shower routine and make sure your face is nice and hot, and shave at the end of your shower. Make sure you bring your shaving cream and razor in the shower with you, as you don't want to let all the heat out by having to retrieve them before you start.

When you get out, put on aftershave gel at the sink.

Not only is it a better shave, but when you get out of the shower you're all done. I hate shaving. Making it a part of my shower routine makes it less of an annoyance.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I shave everyday but it's pretty light growth. With virtually nothing on the sides. All lip, chin, and neck.

I just use a Mach 3 in the shower. You don't really need shaving cream because of the steam from the shower but I use it because it gives me a much closer shave. I just use the Dove shaving gel. Be careful with the gel in the shower. Make sure you spray just a little in your hand and really lather it up but keep your hands out of the water flow.

Go to Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% off coupon and pick up a fog free mirror. It hangs up by suction cup. It was something like $15.

I just shave at the end of my shower when my skin is more pliable.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
STEP 1:

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 4.59.48 PM.png

STEP 2:

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 5.03.21 PM.png

STEP 3:

hai_karate2.jpg

H20Gator

Sep 27, 2015
Anyone every go to an old fashioned barbershop and get a real shave with a dude holding one of the big ass razor blades?

I'd like to have that done one day.
For those of you with sensitive skin don't do it. I tried it once and he cut the ever loving **** out of me.

Jun 2, 2015
I use the little ladies pink ones with plain soap. (Yes, I am a female). Question, have seen a lot of advertisements of late for Harrys razor. Has anyone ever used this razor?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Use trimmers on my beard, whatever the cheapest razors I can find for my neck, and the same gel aftershave as Ox. I'll use my wife's razor for my nuts, then dredge them in gold bond.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have always shaved in the shower. I used to used Gillette Fusion Proglide Power but those are expensive so I decided to try Dollar Shave Club and that has worked out well but the shave is not as close as the Proglide so I'm back to those now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator