NCAA treats transfers to UF different, he'll probably have to sit 2 years

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NCAA treats transfers to UF different, he'll probably have to sit 2 years
Its bc we have pussy attorneys, same one who arent aware of offset provisions and covenants not to compete in coaching contracts.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I understand the "they're picking on us" attitude, due to the history that both the NCAA and the SEC have of clobbering UF - while letting others get away with murder. But back to the good news at hand. Unless something really fishy does happen, we just got a significant boost in our offensive outlook for the upcoming season. And depending on how things go with Grimes, we could be looking at the best receiving corps in the SEC. Regardless of who starts at QB, the a presence of a group of talented, veteran WRs can't help but make life easier for whoever is trying to get the ball to them. Other issues remain to be addressed, but the WR thing is looking really good.

Also, DM is not stupid. He is not going to sit idly by and watch Jefferson's opportunity to contribute immediately be wasted by bad lawyering or inept position coaching. The "blocker" comment from our resident troll was ridiculous, as usual. Sure, he'll have to be able, and willing, to throw a competent block when called upon. But the suggestion that his talent will be wasted because the coaches are too dumb to utilize him effectively is just asinine (no offense donkey). I know, we've seen a couple of HCs in the last decade that were experts at turning silk purses into sow's ears. But neither one of those guys is around anymore and I've chosen to look to the future, instead living in the past. It's time to scrape the shat off of our shoes and embrace the long and arduous process that will eventually return our FB program to greatness. Go Gators!

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
But back to the good news at hand. Unless something really fishy does happen, we just got a significant boost in our offensive outlook for the upcoming season. And depending on how things go with Grimes, we could be looking at the best receiving corps in the SEC. Regardless of who starts at QB, the a presence of a group of talented, veteran WRs can't help but make life easier for whoever is trying to get the ball to them. Other issues remain to be addressed, but the WR thing is looking really good.

Also, DM is not stupid. He is not going to sit idly by and watch Jefferson's opportunity to contribute immediately be wasted by bad lawyering or inept position coaching.

1. Personally liked UF WR group led Cleveland and Toney, but it never hurts to have more particularly with Toney being a small guy who was hurt his first season.

2. Mullen will certainly have no choice but sit idly by if bad lawyering is the problem. The kid might go hire his own outside attorney if UF drops the ball, Mullen can't and won't.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
1. Personally liked UF WR group led Cleveland and Toney, but it never hurts to have more particularly with Toney being a small guy who was hurt his first season.

2. Mullen will certainly have no choice but sit idly by if bad lawyering is the problem. The kid might go hire his own outside attorney if UF drops the ball, Mullen can't and won't.

We have an honest difference of opinion on the former item. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but there are reports that the two players in question are represented by the same attorney, and that the attorney, in concert with the UF administration, has held off filing for relief in Jefferson's case in anticipation of a favorable ruling in the case of the MI transfer. It was also mentioned elsewhere (and no, I don't remember where) that it was apparently UF's intention to file for relief, even if the first player was denied - after addressing any "issues" that may have arisen in the original filing that may have proved to be problematic.

Obviously, I also don't think that DM would have "lawyered up" under any circumstances - for a variety of reasons. But anyone who doesn't think DM wouldn't have exerted every possible effort to bring about a positive outcome for Jefferson, while working within the purview of his position as HC, is almost certainly mistaken. Dan Mullen is not a man who sits idle and does nothing for long. He is in a position to influence the situation from within, and would certainly have done so. Of course this entire discussion is rendered moot in the very likely event that Jefferson will be cleared without further ado. Regarding the WR corps, I too agree that there was talent already in place. I thought that was implicit in my comment about the additions possibly making for the best group in the SEC - I guess not.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I think this has implications for UF's WR transfer from Mississippi.

Here is a link to the full article:

https://247sports.com/Article/Shea-...te-eligibility-for-Michigan-by-NCAA-117718437

unless the conspiracy against UF is as strong as some think there's no reason the same argument for playing time on the part of one player won't work for another. precedent matters. this is good news, good enough to bring out our inner Nature Boy. Jefferson is a beast.

giphy.gif

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

don't forget Copeland's coming in the Fall. if Jefferson and Grimes both get clearance our WR depth looks nice.

there will definitely be some nice blocks being thrown. ;)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
quit yer *****in and submit a resume, then. show em how it's done

Tell me it wouldn't be epic with Law going on profanity laced rants in one of these cases. I can see it now, throwing out name alterations like "Gay Pattersuck" and "NCAA(S)", taking subtle jabs at how we need Jefferson for end-arounds, randomly bringing up cases from 3 years ago just to display his dislike, slightly off-color comments about homo-erotic behavior in Tallahassee(sparking protest from a man in the audience, possibly of Arabic descent), and culminating with an ode to uf812 that--while fitting--gets him removed from the entire proceeding.

We have to make this happen.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
don't forget Copeland's coming in the Fall. if Jefferson and Grimes both get clearance our WR depth looks nice.

As I have long pointed out top flight programs and even lesser high D1 programs all have WRs. When Stoops showed up at OU despite running a very different offense, there were WRs there for him to have a good offense immediately. When Mumme went to UK, there were good WRs on the roster. Basically every program takes guys who are 5'10" to 6'2" tall who can run. It is just a matter of whether the coach can coach up an offense so that QBs deliver the ball to the WRs who you have coached to get open.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

there will definitely be some nice blocks being thrown. ;)

I think a lot of people have forgotten about Copeland. He will get PT immediately. He’s a beast.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have to make this happen.
FWIW I was merely a bystander to any "homoreotic fantasy with someone not your spouse" incident if said incident did in fact exist.

I have witnesses, if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator