Shea Patterson expected to be granted immediate eligibility

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously, I also don't think that DM would have "lawyered up" under any circumstances - for a variety of reasons. But anyone who doesn't think DM wouldn't have exerted every possible effort to bring about a positive outcome for Jefferson, while working within the purview of his position as HC, is almost certainly mistaken. Dan Mullen is not a man who sits idle and does nothing for long. He is in a position to influence the situation from within, and would certainly have done so.

Link? LOL. I didn't know we had his BFF on here. Classic! Dan Mullen is not a man that's sits idly by. He's a man who gets things done!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I forget about Watkins all the time too. Maybe they move him to corner cause WR is so stacked?

That’s what they’re saying. But I think he could get time as a returner as well. Remember when we used to have so much talent that the young kids came in and made a name for themselves in special teams before they became starters? Instead of having our starters pulling double duty?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Word is Van Jefferson & Grimes will be cleared. However I will believe it when I see it because of the way the NCAA has handled issues with us in the past. I do believe van Jefferson will play for us this year but I have my doubts with Grimes doing so

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Word is Van Jefferson & Grimes will be cleared. However I will believe it when I see it because of the way the NCAA has handled issues with us in the past. I do believe van Jefferson will play for us this year but I have my doubts with Grimes doing so

Yep. The way they screwed Floyd and slow rolled Zaire, I can’t expect anything from the ncaa clowns except disappointment.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Both guys will get cleared and let’s face it: the NCAA is a joke. I think both Jefferson and Grimes will be big pieces of the offense.

I can’t remember the last time our receiving corps looked this promising. Reminds me of some of those LSU teams that were stacked at receiver, but had average to mediocre QBs throwing them the ball.

Hopefully, our defense can be dominant and our offense can do enough in the passing game to make the opposition respect us. We’re obviously gonna run the ball quite a bit with the backs we have. I just hope we can utilize play action to punish teams that load the box.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. The way they screwed Floyd and slow rolled Zaire, I can’t expect anything from the ncaa clowns except disappointment.
Self inflicted. Our AD wont put pressure on them. He was known for bending over and taking it deep, whether to NCAA, LSU's AD or the coach's agent.

Last edited:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Jefferson is ready to play. A year of getting stronger wouldn't hurt Grimes or the team.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Jefferson is ready to play. A year of getting stronger wouldn't hurt Grimes or the team.
They are by far our best WR's right now. I'm praying we get them both cleared because we need all the help we can get. However...if Franks is the QB it won't matter who we have out there because his "short bus mentality" will only let him see one WR on the field :lol:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
They are by far our best WR's right now. I'm praying we get them both cleared because we need all the help we can get. However...if Franks is the QB it won't matter who we have out there because his "short bus mentality" will only let him see one WR on the field
Agreed. If they're cleared, and our OL can provide any kind of decent protection, I say play Jones. If the OL can't protect anybody, then play Franks or Trask.

btw, Mari, good to have you back.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Agreed. If they're cleared, and our OL can provide any kind of decent protection, I say play Jones. If the OL can't protect anybody, then play Franks or Trask.

btw, Mari, good to have you back.
Thanks bro! I think Emory will be the guy bye the UK game. If not I think it will be trask! There's no way in hell we can run Franks out there and expect to win more than 4 games...dude is the definition of ASS!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
1. Personally liked UF WR group led Cleveland and Toney, but it never hurts to have more particularly with Toney being a small guy who was hurt his first season.

Agree on the group. It can be pretty solid with Cleveland, Toney & 2-3 good players arising out of Hammond, Swain, Wells, Green, Copeland & Massey - maybe Watkins. If the TEs respond to better coaching that would help the passing game. If Jefferson and/or Grimes are eligible it kicks up a big notch.

As to Toney’s size - the broadcast team for the O&B game said the same. He’s listed at basically the same size (5’ 11, 194) as Iverson Clement who was described as a pounder. He’s also the same size as Malik Davis. Of course, Davis got hurt too & this could be roster shenanigans. His arms & legs do look skinnier to me. What makes him great - that fiery tenacity on every play - puts him at higher risk of injury.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We haven’t even requested a waiver yet. :facepalm:
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Attorney: Five more Ole Miss transfers ruled immediately eligible

https://usat.ly/2rzKMGJ

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
We haven’t even requested a waiver yet. :facepalm:
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Attorney: Five more Ole Miss transfers ruled immediately eligible

https://usat.ly/2rzKMGJ

Wow. Mullen might have decided things are so bad with personnel this year that it’s not worth wasting a year
Fvkking PDS!!!!!

Man, is the Butters filth piled so deep that DM and co. have decided that this season is going to be a washout so why waste a year of eligibility for two stud WRs?

Are they just gonna redshirt Jones and throw the team to the wolves under Franks and Trask cuz they know they get a pass this year?

Just wait until Jefferson and Grimes can play for a real team huh Dan? Brutal math there.....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen & crew with attorneys may be doing different research because all those other Ole Miss transfers moved out of Ole Miss' conference (SEC) -- that's more a "no brainer"?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Mullen & crew with attorneys may be doing different research because all those other Ole Miss transfers moved out of Ole Miss' conference (SEC) -- that's more a "no brainer"?

so what about Grimes? he's coming over from OSU and they don't seem to have done squat with his situation either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. Mullen might have decided things are so bad with personnel this year that it’s not worth wasting a year
Waste a year? If you are forced to sit out a year, I dont think you get an extra year. 5years to play 4 still applies, I think.

No, they are just lazy. And spineless. They dont want to be the one making the waves, they just want to ride Meatchiken's coattails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.