Shea Patterson granted permission to talk with other programs

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Some big recruiting news: #Michigan is expecting to host talented #OleMiss QB Shea Patterson & OM safety Deontay Anderson on official visits this weekend, source tells me. And there might be more Rebels visiting Ann Arbor as well.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
you are still wrong
I don't follow. I didn't say that it was fact; I didn't say I wanted him; I just said I heard on a (local) TV program tonight that ole Miss had decided to let the players transfer into another SEC school. How can you dislike me hearing that? And how can you know what I did or didn't hear? Do you monitor all TV stations?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First, its not up to Ole Miss, it is a league rule.

Second, you heard it in Missippi therefore it is wrong or dumb or both.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
First, its not up to Ole Miss, it is a league rule.

Second, you heard it in Missippi therefore it is wrong or dumb or both.
I only said I heard it. Nothing you said changes that. I hold you to a higher standard. You are trained to read and write with precision.
Now, it may very well be wrong. Or maybe I am just prejudiced against the callow sports reporters (so called) who read these stories on air. But that is what was said. If you are correct and it is a league rule, then it's certainly curious that the reporter would take pains to say there were two changes. 1) that the transfer was not longer restricted to seniors, and, (2) that players were now allowed to transfer within the SEC. Is there any chance in the realm of your infallibility that a general prohibition against in conference transfer could yield in the face of NCAA violations?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I only said I heard it. Nothing you said changes that. I hold you to a higher standard. You are trained to read and write with precision.
Now, it may very well be wrong. Or maybe I am just prejudiced against the callow sports reporters (so called) who read these stories on air. But that is what was said. If you are correct and it is a league rule, then it's certainly curious that the reporter would take pains to say there were two changes. 1) that the transfer was not longer restricted to seniors, and, (2) that players were now allowed to transfer within the SEC. Is there any chance in the realm of your infallibility that a general prohibition against in conference transfer could yield in the face of NCAA violations?

You are correct. They are no longer restricted from transferring to an SEC school. however, if they want to transfer to an SEC school, they do have to get a waiver from the conference.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...sfers-as-players-begin-seeking-opportunities/

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Go ahead and dislike all Donk's post. Better yet, report it to Chief Bogo. He lives giving Donk vacation for any reason he can find. He is just a trouble maker and acts like he is the judge, jury and executor. Do not know how this guy is not disbarred yet.

latest

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Go ahead and dislike all Donk's post. Better yet, report it to Chief Bogo. He lives giving Donk vacation for any reason he can find. He is just a trouble maker and acts like he is the judge, jury and executor. Do not know how this guy is not disbarred yet.

latest
No, no. That would lower me. Besides, Swonkey knows that I take his dislikes as a concession that my position is correct. He knows Gator J got the goods and Is just admitting it.

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
No, no. That would lower me. Besides, Swonkey knows that I take his dislikes as a concession that my position is correct. He knows Gator J got the goods and Is just admitting it.
This is how online bullies are born. You are enabling this kind of behavior by letting him boss all over you. "Dislike for dislike, like for like." This should be your motto here.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
This is how online bullies are born. You are enabling this kind of behavior by letting him boss all over you. "Dislike for dislike, like for like." This should be your motto here.
You may be right, but understand that Law and I have a complex relationship. I regard him as very rational except when he's not. He takes Gator football very seriously. This sometimes results in tantrums. He once gave me 16 dislikes in a twenty minute span.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Not sure that Gators are much interested in Ole Miss, but I can't remember when athletes hired an attorney to secure the right to transfer as they have here. NCAA is remiss for not straightening this out in the ruling.
Also, a LB is seeking to transfer.
Finally, Harbaugh flew to Oxford to recruit Patterson, a safety, and a wr.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure that Gators are much interested in Ole Miss, but I can't remember when athletes hired an attorney to secure the right to transfer as they have here. NCAA is remiss for not straightening this out in the ruling.
Also, a LB is seeking to transfer.
Finally, Harbaugh flew to Oxford to recruit Patterson, a safety, and a wr.

Michigan might finally beat OSU and make the playoff if they land Patterson. They have some nice young talent on that team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb