Sheriff showed up at my house today

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, how convenient, it's the other guy that has your exact same name with the financial problems.

Trust me.... it's been a big PIA. I've had debt collectors track me down at the office. Boy did I chew them a new a-hole because those people are the biggests jerks right up until the instant they realized they had the wrong person. When I closed on my house, an extra booklet of paperwork had to be signed to basically prove I am not him. Im honestly surprised I havent gotten royally screwed somehow by this clown.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Man, that is really brutal. I think it's time to fork this guys yard and leave flaming bags of sh!t on his front porch. He needs to move ASAP.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So my neighbor calls me. Which is really, really odd. In a panic, she tells me that her nanny just called her and a county sheriff's officer is at her house (thinking it was my house) and he was looking for my daughter who is 8. She was 5 minutes away and will text me a picture of his card when she gets there.

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday, so my wife is literally at lunch with one of our daughters. I call her and tell her. She immediately leaves the lunch room and checks on our other daughter, who is obviously at the same school. Everyone is safe and sound.

The picture of the card comes in with a case number and cell phone of the officer. My wife calls him and he tells her he'll call her right back. My wife is literally flipping out. There is another man in my county with exact name and middle initial and is in constant financial problems because I get calls from collectors probably every year thinking I am him. I am predicting it has something to do with this man.

Rewind 2 weeks.... my wife and I were doing the kid shuffle trying to get to all the after school activities. We just so happen to meet each other a Sheriff's substation. One daughter jumps out of her van and into my truck. A few days later, she cant find her Kindle fire tablet. The kindles are not allowed to leave the house except for a car ride but then are 100% not allowed to be taken out of the car.

So the officer calls my wife back... and you guessed it.... he has the Kindle and said it was found in their parking lot. The kindle is locked so I am curious to see how they knew it was hers. Amazon will not help return a lost Kindle you find. But maybe the will for a sheriff?

I am bringing her to that office this afternoon to take them a box of donuts.

I imagine your mind was racing with every possible bad scenario.

Thank goodness it was something so simple. Really awesome the cops did that.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I imagine your mind was racing with every possible bad scenario.

Thank goodness it was something so simple. Really awesome the cops did that.

Exactly. I was eating lunch with one of our doctors and he was saying, "I'm telling ya... it's going to be nothing." But my wife literally flipped her sh!t. If she wasnt AT the school eating lunch with a daughter and was able to run down the hallway and put her eyes on our other daughter less than 20 seconds later.... she would have seriously lost it. What's funny is when the cop came by later, he said "I told your neighbor that this was no big deal and I was only trying to return some personal property." The dumbass nanny didnt think to pass along that part of the conversation.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Like moths to a flame....

3a396fa6f94e1db3058428729106d7fc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.