SI Move UF Class Rank to Number 1

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe but I don't know if our qb situation is stable enough. That's something he was worried about and his brother decommiting didn't help. Just like every other top wr in the state the past few years, I think he's a nole.
NCM has been leaning heavily toward UF for a long time, i wouldn't rule out his brother conjuring again to UF in the near future

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JaQuan Bailey just decommited. 3* WDE.
Expect some more from the early commits...we saw it from the wr Johnson too...we have a lot of momentum and a lot of big time l kids are looking at us and some of the lesser talented kids are being nudged out. We have said for years we want to recruit luke bama and the rest...now we are. We'll end up with about 30-31 kids signed and attrition will have to happen

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Expect some more from the early commits...we saw it from the wr Johnson too...we have a lot of momentum and a lot of big time l kids are looking at us and some of the lesser talented kids are being nudged out. We have said for years we want to recruit luke bama and the rest...now we are. We'll end up with about 30-31 kids signed and attrition will have to happen

I've never seen this amount of early enrollees at a program

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've never seen this amount of early enrollees at a program
Unfortunately only 6 can count back to last year but still to get these kids into the program and for spring ball is huge. Especially the quarterbacks. I know that a lot of people here are down on Trask but watch his film he's got talent. May never turn out to be more than a clipboard holder but you can't teach 6'5 with a good arm...stranger things have happened

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately only 6 can count back to last year but still to get these kids into the program and for spring ball is huge. Especially the quarterbacks. I know that a lot of people here are down on Trask but watch his film he's got talent. May never turn out to be more than a clipboard holder but you can't teach 6'5 with a good arm...stranger things have happened

I'm not anti-Trask. I trust that Coach Mac can evaluate the QB position. I didn't know only six rolled back to last year. I thought we had fewer scholarship players than that last year. Sure felt like it. On offense.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not anti-Trask. I trust that Coach Mac can evaluate the QB position. I didn't know only six rolled back to last year. I thought we had fewer scholarship players than that last year. Sure felt like it. On offense.
I believe we signed 21 last year with 2 that left the class so 19 total...leave 6 to count back to last year to make 25

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I believe we signed 21 last year with 2 that left the class so 19 total...leave 6 to count back to last year to make 25

The 25 scholarship cap is an SEC rule not an NCAA rule. I do not know if it counts towards EE's or not.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NCAA Bylaw 13.9.2.3, limits a school to 28 NLI's from NSD to May 31st.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, let me rephrase that. EEs count against the prior class until they take up allotted scholarships for the prior class. Then they count toward the current class.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't. Early entries count toward the prior class.

The question I have is that the 25 SEC rule from the previous year or the 28 dictated by the NCAA from the previous year? Does the SEC rule also count toward EE's.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The 25 scholarship cap is an SEC rule not an NCAA rule. I do not know if it counts towards EE's or not.
EE's count back to the previous class as long as there is room to do so. If 19 players officially hit our numbers for last year we can sign 31 players this year and we can count 6 back to last year's class.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The question I have is that the 25 SEC rule from the previous year or the 28 dictated by the NCAA from the previous year? Does the SEC rule also count toward EE's.

My understanding, the 25.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But TBH, it's a confusing matter and the rule seem to consistently change. As do the interpretations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator