SI Move UF Class Rank to Number 1

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But TBH, it's a confusing matter and the rule seem to consistently change. As do the interpretations.

15.5.6.3.5 Midyear Replacement. [FBS/FCS]
A counter who graduates at midyear or who graduates during the previous academic year (including summer) may be replaced by an initial counter, who shall be counted against the initial limit either for the year in which the aid is awarded (if the institution’s annual limit has not been reached) or for the following academic year, or by a student-athlete who was an initial counter in a previous academic year and is returning to the institution after time spent on active duty in the armed services or on an official religious mission. In bowl subdivision football, an institution may use the midyear replacement exception only if it previously has provided financial aid during that academic year to the maximum number of overall counters (85 total counters). In championship subdivision football, an institution may use the midyear replacement exception only if it previously has provided financial aid during that academic year that equals the maximum number of overall equivalencies or overall counters. (Revised: 4/20/99 effective 8/1/99, 6/8/99, 4/26/01 effective 8/1/01, 8/2/05, 12/15/06, 1/14/08 effective 8/1/08, 4/2/10, 1/15/11)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NCM has been leaning heavily toward UF for a long time, i wouldn't rule out his brother conjuring again to UF in the near future

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I'd be shocked if it happened but I think we have two good ones with swain and hammonds.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac doing work on the recruiting trail that's for sure! Now he just has to get these guys signed and develop the talent. The rankings don't matter much until the players actually get on the field and if they are actually good or not. Gators on the rise baby!! Go Gators!!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Except it takes 3 years to see how good a highly ranked class really was. Mac may not be killing it like Urbs was with Hernandez and company but I'd say he's holding his own. Besides, dogs sniff each others classes, not Gators.

Oh, and..........

giphy.gif

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be shocked if it happened but I think we have two good ones with swain and hammonds.
Why would you be shocked? Because we've lost out on talented wr before? There's no reason to be shocked if he picked UF...if you want to set yourself up to not be disappointed then fine but you should not be shocked at all

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Probably not...but we paid him like FOUR MILLION bucks just to stand on the sideline in a prozac induced buzz...
Must have been the meds that made him forget to recruit offensive line after 2007 also, or al least ones who didn't suck.....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why would you be shocked? Because we've lost out on talented wr before? There's no reason to be shocked if he picked UF...if you want to set yourself up to not be disappointed then fine but you should not be shocked at all

I've been seeing he may have been turned off by our qb situation. And the past does play a factor in it. When fsu puts the full court press on a receiver, they usually get him. When you see their qb depth chart compared to ours, we're at a disadvantage right now. He's a possibility but not a heavy lean.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Probably not...but we paid him like FOUR MILLION bucks just to stand on the sideline in a prozac induced buzz...

Must have been the meds that made him forget to recruit offensive line after 2007 also, or al least ones who didn't suck.....
Hello (hello, hello)
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home?...

There is no pain, you are receding
A distant ship smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move, but I can't hear what you say...

Urbs. Reminded me of Chrisropher Walken's character late in "The Deer Hunter" during his post esophagitis-heart palpitation-remorseful procreator stage.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been seeing he may have been turned off by our qb situation. And the past does play a factor in it. When fsu puts the full court press on a receiver, they usually get him. When you see their qb depth chart compared to ours, we're at a disadvantage right now. He's a possibility but not a heavy lean.
Just like we out recruited fsu badly during their down turn until we didn't...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
halfazzu's qb situation is also pretty sorry, and they have no excuse for it. Outside of winston being his own product and in no way a kid who was developed by dumbo, fisher's qb resume reads like the back of a milk carton, "has anyone seen this kid?". He does get a few into the 1st round of the NFL, and then they all embarrass themselves and end up 3rd string or trying to put that fsu edumacation to use at the local shopping mall food court... "you want fries with that?"

We have a young stud that will be back a few games in, a big tall, strong kid whos gonna be a good one, and another big timer coming in next cycle. Bimbos been there for like 8 years and they've got :kiffin: for a quarterback.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hello (hello, hello)
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home?...

There is no pain, you are receding
A distant ship smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move, but I can't hear what you say...

Urbs. Reminded me of Chrisropher Walken's character late in "The Deer Hunter" during his post esophagitis-heart palpitation-remorseful procreator stage.
Dammit, besides being an intimidating John Wayne type, who coached football, and knows lotsa stuff, Cover2 is a cool cat who pops out Pink Floyd references at just the right time.

WE ARE NOT WORTHY!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And 2010.

And 2011. (We didn't lose OL commits when Creyer left. It was going to be a trash class of OL regardless.)

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Dammit, besides being an intimidating John Wayne type, who coached football, and knows lotsa stuff, Cover2 is a cool cat who pops out Pink Floyd references at just the right time.

WE ARE NOT WORTHY!
Any good man worth his salt should have Pink Floyd references in every pocket, ready for deployment.

Hell, I'll just leave this here in honor of his post.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know you are responsible for causing Nav to smoke his entire stash.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You know you are responsible for causing Nav to smoke his entire stash.
True story. I was listening to Pink Floyd in the car with SQ the other day and she says to me, "I don't know how you get so into this without smoking." All I said was, "I don't need it, the music is great enough." :exactly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.