too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Reese just committed to us

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm surprised to see so many Floyd fans here.
One of my top 3 favorite bands of all time.

And yes, had to play the live youtube of CNumb. Probably one of the best guitar solos of ALL TIME.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I like it but I've just heard it too much. Especially when I go into a place and see a couple of guys with acoustic guitars trying to pull it off. Ugh. Or be in a song circle or jam and have some dude start playing it. I get up and take a break about then, it's just long and boring in that setting.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Since we seem to have a lot of David Gilmour fans here (one of my favs by the way) maybe you would dig this Steve Hackett solo. Song is Firth of Fifth by Genesis but video is from a fairly recent Hackett tour. Solo starts at around 6:16 mark. Kind of a similar classic Gibson melodic searing tone and style.
Forgot to mention great classic piano based piano intro to this song as well.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Since we seem to have a lot of David Gilmour fans here (one of my favs by the way) maybe you would dig this Steve Hackett solo. Song is Firth of Fifth by Genesis but video is from a fairly recent Hackett tour. Solo starts at around 6:16 mark. Kind of a similar classic Gibson melodic searing tone and style.

Where have I seen that singer's shirt before?

hqdefault.jpg

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
At the 8:49 mark, a dude is shaking a banana like he might a tambourine. Must be an inside joke.

David Gilmore is one of the best. Roger Waters solo stuff is good too, but I enjoyed No Waters Floyd as well. Division Bell is a fantastic album. The title track is my favorite off that one. Strong lyrics.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope we finish strong and have a Top 10 class average star wise and not just because we have more bodies. I think most would have expected that in the 2nd recruiting class.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

:thumbup:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm going to start saying that Tebow, Harvin, and Spikes were the greatest 3 stars we ever had.

Why would you artificially inflate their star ratings?

Edit: wow, I fell behind in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
So....top ranked class, all 5* kids and 3-4* kids that play like 5* kids; and Pink Floyd playing Gator Growl for 2016. Sounds like Mac has the train moving well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb