SI writer has deadline, pulls out Lane Kiffin article

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This has been previously addressed by one of my favorite new posters on the forum:

I'll grant you that his team ain't looking too hot today, though.

He’s had one good year as a head coach

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Personally I don't think he's a good OC, either. Everyone excels as OC at Bama - look at Butters.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You turds still can't even spell Kiffin. After 10 YEARS, you still can't even spell his name.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but...it was last year. So the, "as a head coach he’s a damn nightmare," line doesn't really hold up based on recent history.

When you take a 3-9 squad to an 11-3 record, win the Conference Championship and hang half a hundred in the team's first bowl appearance in a decade, you deserve some credit for your coaching.

His team is clearly outclassed talent-wise today, though. It will be a test for him to see if he can get their confidence level back up after this whupping.

Huh? It’s based off his entire history. You’re saying he’s a great coach based on one year?

OK…

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but...it was last year. So the, "as a head coach he’s a damn nightmare," line doesn't really hold up based on recent history.

When you take a 3-9 squad to an 11-3 record, win the Conference Championship and hang half a hundred in the team's first bowl appearance in a decade, you deserve some credit for your coaching.

His team is clearly outclassed talent-wise today, though. It will be a test for him to see if he can get their confidence level back up after this whupping.
Ron Zook also had one good year (out of 10 as head coach). It's over for Kiffy, FAU is going to be awful this season.

At least we now know that Gordon is a Kiffy nutswinger. :nutswinger:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
FAU would settle for ME as head coach. I think they're over the moon to have that tard.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
lol. They won the Conference Championship last year, bro. You're sounding like one of these libtards who think Trump's a sh*tty president because he's a big meanie, despite every economic indicator being up.
Let's keep the politics out of this section.

You asked a question, I answered it. I think they are thrilled to have him. I also think they'll never approach winning their garbage conference again.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think the FAU administration and fans agree with the statement that, "as a head coach he’s a damn nightmare"? Yes or no, please.

No. They love him. But eventually they won’t. Just like the Raiders loved it when they hired him. And Tennessee loved it when they hired him. And USC lived it when they hired him. And Alabama loved it when I hired him.

Then they all realized he was a nightmare.

I’m not sure what the point of your post is. He is one of one of the biggest foils we have ever had to UF. A complete douchebag to the Gator way.

Not sure why you would be on a Gator board rimming him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm simply stating facts. Show me something I've said that isn't true. And if he's such a sh*tty coach, then how exactly is he, "one of the biggest foils we have ever had to UF"? Explain that one. Because he talked smack about us? lol. You sound like a Tennessee or Georgia fan trying to argue that SOS was overrated.

Gotcha. Kiffin’s awesome. You’re smarter than everyone else and every big program that stayed clear of him.

You’re amazing!

They should hire you! You’re so much smarter than everybody else!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
By the way – I guess we should’ve kept Mac! Because he won the East twice!

Sweet!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, if you say so. Thanks for the compliments. Are you going to explain your comment that Kiffin is, "one of the biggest foils we have ever had to UF"? I'm still scratching my head over that one. :scratchhead: How many victories does he have against us?

I've said from the very start that the guy is "an insufferable a-hole." I'm just here talking about his coaching ability, because that's what was called into question. The fact is, last year he really did do an excellent job as a head coach, and frankly there's no debating it.

We hate Kiffin. Always have.

You love Kiffin. Got it.

Num num num...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm simply stating facts. Show me something I've said that isn't true. And if he's such a sh*tty coach, then how exactly is he, "one of the biggest foils we have ever had to UF"? Explain that one. Because he talked smack about us? lol. You sound like a Tennessee or Georgia fan trying to argue that SOS was overrated.
Huh? SOS dominated the SEC from day one and then won a NC. WTF has Lame Kiteen done other than get fired from every job he’s ever had and run his big mouth?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Huh? SOS dominated the SEC from day one and then won a NC. WTF has Lame Kiteen done other than get fired from every job he’s ever had and run his big mouth?

Don’t spoil his Kiffin love fest.

tenor.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The point of my comment is that he's hating on Kiffin based on his attitude, demeanor, personality, etc., and blows a gasket just because I pointed out the fact that the guy did a great job at FAU last year. So he sounds sort of like a UT or UGA fan who hates SOS for the way he trash-talked them, and is motivated by that personal dislike to call his coaching performance into question.

Certainly I'll grant you that Kiffin is not, and will never be, a HC of SOS's caliber. The comment that set me off was that, "as a head coach he’s a damn nightmare." I really don't think the folks at FAU, where he's currently the HC, feel that way at all. That was my only point.

Nobody’s blown a gasket. You are being rightfully mocked for your kiffin love.

Triggered much?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The point of my comment is that he's hating on Kiffin based on his attitude, demeanor, personality, etc., and blows a gasket just because I pointed out the fact that the guy did a great job at FAU last year. So he sounds sort of like a UT or UGA fan who hates SOS for the way he trash-talked them, and is motivated by that personal dislike to call his coaching performance into question.

Certainly I'll grant you that Kiffin is not, and will never be, a HC of SOS's caliber. The comment that set me off was that, "as a head coach he’s a damn nightmare." I really don't think the folks at FAU, where he's currently the HC, feel that way at all. That was my only point.
Florida Atlantic? That’s like 4 A high school ball. Our own Cover2 could out coach Lame.
He coached in the NFL and got fired. He coached at a Power 5 school and got fired. He’ll get fired from his current gig, too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator