Recruiting Silent Commit from 3-star LB?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This kid has made a silent commitment to one of three SEC schools: UF, Auburn, or Tennessee:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/05/linebacker_chandler_wooten_is.html

Chandler Wooten is set to announce his decision next Friday, but the North Cobb (Ga.) linebacker made his mind up weeks ago.

In fact, Wooten has already committed to the school of his choice.

"I'm silently committed simply because I wanted to wait until I got spring football out of the way so I can just stay focused and finish out the school year strong," Wooten told AL.com. "The school, I like the coaching staff and the atmosphere and how comfortable I am."

Wooten (6-2, 227) is a three-star prospect who is ranked as the No. 30 outside linebacker in the 247Sports Composite. He said he's spending the offseason working on his speed and tackling.

FLORIDA

"Florida's been on me real hard lately. That was the school I grew up loving since I was a little kid. That's my dream, ever since I was in third grade I told people I wanted to play at Florida. It's a blessing to have the opportunity to go there and fulfill my dream and play for one of the best defensive coaches in the nation, Coach (Randy) Shannon. It's something I'd definitely want to do."

-----

https://www.seccountry.com/recruiti...ec-schools-says-hell-announce-decision-Friday

Three-star linebacker Chandler Wooten will announce which school he’s committed to Friday, though he’s known whom he’d choose for quite some time. In his mind, he’s already committed to that school.

“I’m silently committed simply because I wanted to wait until I got spring football out of the way so I can just stay focused and finish out the school year strong,” Wooten told Wesley Sinor of AL.com. “The school, I like the coaching staff and the atmosphere and how comfortable I am.”

The 6-foot-2, 227-pounder ranked the No. 30 outside linebacker in the Class of 2017 has teetered between three SEC programs—Auburn, Florida and Tennessee—and given the lack of details in his words, it’s impossible to tell which school he’ll ultimately choose.

Auburn had long been the frontrunner to land Wooten, until Tennessee ramped up its recruiting.

“I honestly didn’t give Tennessee a fair shot up until maybe January or February. That’s when they really started recruiting me,” Wooten told AL.com. “Up until then we really weren’t in contact.”

Wooten went on record as saying how he could “definitely” see himself playing for Auburn, but said that his “dream” was to play for Florida.

“It’s a blessing to have the opportunity to go (to Florida) and fulfill my dream and play for one of the best defensive coaches in the nation, Coach (Randy) Shannon,” he said. “It’s something I’d definitely want to do.”

Wooten seems to be drawn more to Tennessee and Auburn, as those are the schools he admits to having the most contact with, which he says is “almost daily.”

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Let's be real here. This kid is a high 3 to low 4 star. Scout lists him as a 4. 247 lists as a .8712. Rivals have him as a 5.7 3 star. A 5.8 is a 4 star. This kid isn't a mid to low level 3 star.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Let's be real here. This kid is a high 3 to low 4 star. Scout lists him as a 4. 247 lists as a .8712. Rivals have him as a 5.7 3 star. A 5.8 is a 4 star. This kid isn't a mid to low level 3 star.
And we need LBs?!? If we don't get him, we had better get some good ones.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If UF is his "dream" school and we can't bring him in, then that is an alarming red flag about this coaching staff's ability to recruit on the defensive side of the ball. Of course, if they bring in 3 more players ranked better than him, then it's not a big deal. It's possible that Mac and Co. didn't recruit him as hard because there are better players they think they can add on.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course, if they bring in 3 more players ranked better than him, then it's not a big deal. It's possible that Mac and Co. didn't recruit him as hard because there are better players they think they can add on.

can't we just do like bama, posu, & meat chicken does - give the kid an offer and pull it if some better commits down the road :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If UF is his "dream" school and we can't bring him in, then that is an alarming red flag about this coaching staff's ability to recruit on the defensive side of the ball. Of course, if they bring in 3 more players ranked better than him, then it's not a big deal. It's possible that Mac and Co. didn't recruit him as hard because there are better players they think they can add on.

Our depth is really not much better than it was a year ago. By the time these kids would suit up, Davis, MacMillan and likely at least one of the injury-plagued guys are officially done. So I can't imagine we're in position to slow play a kid at a position of need, that several conference rivals also want in hopes of landing someone better. Not necessarily a make or break player, but I agree that it would only further the idea that our coaches on that side of the ball are failing. The fact that we're struggling to land LB's given the current situation is possibly the most mind numbing thing I've ever seen in sports.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Questions for the GC recruiting poobahs: When UF offers a recruit, what percent of that offer is based on
1. Film study
2. In-home visits
3. High school visits and HS coach input
4. Camp performance
5. Star ratings
6. Other

Just curious.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is this like the silent but deadly kind or more of a slow leaker?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Is this like the silent but deadly kind or more of a slow leaker?

If by "silent but deadly," you mean the way Spikes snuck up on moreno and blew him up, I vote for that! Not that I'm holding my breath...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If UF is his "dream" school and we can't bring him in, then that is an alarming red flag about this coaching staff's ability to recruit on the defensive side of the ball. .
The last recruiting cycle wasn't red flag enough?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Questions for the GC recruiting poobahs: When UF offers a recruit, what percent of that offer is based on
1. Film study
2. In-home visits
4. Camp performance
5. Star ratings
6. Other

Just curious.

Well to satisfy your curiosity = Other 97%

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1. Film study
2. In-home visits
4. Camp performance
5. Star ratings
6. Other

Just curious.
Not sure, but I know I read that we won't give out an offer if the coaches haven't evaluated the prospect on the field.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
1. Film study
2. In-home visits
4. Camp performance
5. Star ratings
6. Other

Just curious.
Throwing out #6 I'd say probably 20% for each....That's probably how I'd do it anyway but I've been wrong a lot more times than right about how some of our players would turn out. I think coaches want to get the most talented players but they also have to take into account things about a kid that they learn about off the field. Take JC Jackson for example,...All the talent in the world yet he'll never play a meaningful down of football for UF. What I'm trying to say is if a kid can't keep up his grades, stay out of jail, or decides to transfer because of a sh!tty attitude, then all the stars in the world won't help him to help us be a better team....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.