Recruiting Silent Commit from 3-star LB?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Scenarios like this are why I was annoyed with our signing day "announcements" by several of our committed players. It was faux momentum designed to offset several late misses and an attempt to cover over some serious deficiencies we have in our recruiting staff right now. Forget gimmicks and start addressing how not to lose guys like this. It's getting beyond ridiculous.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You gotta LOVE this place. If we had landed him we'd have all kinds of people bittching about taking some lousy 3* so early in the process. If we miss on him we have people bittching that we didnt land him and our recruiters suck.

We are a dysfunctional bunch, aren't we?

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You gotta LOVE this place. If we had landed him we'd have all kinds of people bittching about taking some lousy 3* so early in the process. If we miss on him we have people bittching that we didnt land him and our recruiters suck.

Absolutely.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, every time all these top, second, third, or fourth tier recruits choose someone else, it's because bag men. Now back when we had good recruiters, it wasn't because bag men.

Excuses for terrible recruiters is fun.

Agree Law. I read other Gator boards and it seems there's a consensus: anytime a team besides UF lands a recruit there's a bagman involved...and UF is the only school that doesn't cheat. It's nothing but excuses.

For those who think we don't "cheat", just in the last few years:

- Our WR coach, a former SEC head football coach, got fired for cheating.
- Our Head Coaching hired VH3's sister for a job in the athletic department the same year VH3 committed to UF (she's now working at South Carolina).

Those are just two open examples of things that UF fans would jump all over another school for....and these are things we actually know about.

The "bagman" excuse is tired. Let's start having OTHER schools fans accuse US of using a bagman!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Uh, how about "sack guy" instead?

So Dan, you think UF is the only school that doesn't cheat but all the others that we compete against do? Not surprising if you do. You'd be in the company of a majority of Gator fans.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Agreed. I can't understand how these kids are lining up to play for Dumbo. He doesn't come across as being genuine or bright.

I think they love the idea that he's rich enough to always attract a decent looking wife, while also being incompetent enough to make her available and easy for the occasional "Mario test".

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016

hit the nail on the head lol...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

... no silent commits here.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are in desperate need of linebackers. However this is a class where we must be selective. I have no problem with this kid not committing to us.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agree Law. I read other Gator boards and it seems there's a consensus: anytime a team besides UF lands a recruit there's a bagman involved...and UF is the only school that doesn't cheat. It's nothing but excuses.

For those who think we don't "cheat", just in the last few years:

- Our WR coach, a former SEC head football coach, got fired for cheating.
- Our Head Coaching hired VH3's sister for a job in the athletic department the same year VH3 committed to UF (she's now working at South Carolina).

Those are just two open examples of things that UF fans would jump all over another school for....and these are things we actually know about.

The "bagman" excuse is tired. Let's start having OTHER schools fans accuse US of using a bagman!

Danny W's high school football coach was our offensive line coach.....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Danny W's high school football coach was our offensive line coach.....

Bam Hardmon's HS coach became our DB coach (Disch).

More and more examples...but, ask most of Gator nation and everyone else besides us is cheating!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We are in desperate need of linebackers. However this is a class where we must be selective. I have no problem with this kid not committing to us.
I'm usually pretty patient but we are almost getting ourselves into a situation with LBer's and DT's that could turn out like our recent oline(last year) troubles. Can someone give me any theory's about the lack of effectiveness from Shannon and Rumph....They're 2 pretty big names....or so I thought?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bam Hardmon's HS coach became our DB coach (Disch).

More and more examples...but, ask most of Gator nation and everyone else besides us is cheating!

Cheat harder. Whatever we're doing now isn't working.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm usually pretty patient but we are almost getting ourselves into a situation with LBer's and DT's that could turn out like our recent oline(last year) troubles. Can someone give me any theory's about the lack of effectiveness from Shannon and Rumph....They're 2 pretty big names....or so I thought?

Shannon could not recruit for **** at Miami either. When he was the head coach what did their roster look like?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Shannon could not recruit for **** at Miami either. When he was the head coach what did their roster look like?
I guess when he was HC their roster went downhill but wasn't he also their DC under Coker and before that? I just figured with his background in SoFl we would be cleaning up at UF....I just don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator