Recruiting Silent Commit from 3-star LB?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Then why in the heck was he hired?

Everyone thought he'd be able to lock south Florida down due to his connections. Even though Miami recruiting took a nose dive in his watch.

The good news is that he's a hell of a linebacker coach.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Rumph has been notorious for recruiting DEs. Which he is continuing to do well

Shannon is doing a sh*tty job on the recruiting scene but has done a great job coaching.

Long ways from NSD but right now DT and LB are positions of concern.

I'm not concerned with DBs. I believe we will have a nice DB class for 2017

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Everyone thought he'd be able to lock south Florida down due to his connections. Even though Miami recruiting took a nose dive in his watch.

The good news is that he's a hell of a linebacker coach.

I think you can make an argument the other way as well though. This guy is not a Gator, in fact he's a product of a program that was a huge rival during his playing years. So I don't see a ton of loyalty there. If he can't land talent, I don't care how good he is, it will eventually cause major issues at LB. Being that he's also a self-interest person like all the rest, I could see him bailing before those surface, leaving us in a real bind. His inability on the recruiting trail, given the cards he has to play, is unsettling.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rumph has been notorious for recruiting DEs. Which he is continuing to do well

Shannon is doing a sh*tty job on the recruiting scene but has done a great job coaching.

Long ways from NSD but right now DT and LB are positions of concern.

I'm not concerned with DBs. I believe we will have a nice DB class for 2017

I think it will be the top DB class in the country.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand how our recruiting coordinator is still employed after last signing day. We should have had some back up plans at dt and lb.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't understand how our recruiting coordinator is still employed after last signing day. We should have had some back up plans at dt and lb.

I agree on the Plan B players. There should have been a couple of Plan B's at both of those positions. I'm hoping the Satellite Camps will help find a few diamond in the rough type players that can become Plan B's if we miss on a key position. These kids that sign w/ lesser schools often develop into very good players. I'm not advocating taking UCF or Vandy type players up and down the class, but one or two when we miss at a key position can't hurt. I'd rather have a freshman DT on the roster than no freshman DT's on the roster.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree on the Plan B players. There should have been a couple of Plan B's at both of those positions. I'm hoping the Satellite Camps will help find a few diamond in the rough type players that can become Plan B's if we miss on a key position. These kids that sign w/ lesser schools often develop into very good players. I'm not advocating taking UCF or Vandy type players up and down the class, but one or two when we miss at a key position can't hurt. I'd rather have a freshman DT on the roster than no freshman DT's on the roster.
I just can't help but wonder why we didn't reach on a dt. Hughes has one of the biggest recruiting budgets to work with in the country. How do we not sign a dt?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I just can't help but wonder why we didn't reach on a dt. Hughes has one of the biggest recruiting budgets to work with in the country. How do we not sign a dt?

Agree. I can't imagine if we late offer a DT that's committed to UCF, USF, FAU or similar type school they'd pass up a chance to play in the SEC. Again, not advocating taking a class full of these kids but one or two in case we miss at a position of need.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
All I can say is we better be sleeping on the doorsteps of ANY JuCo DT's for the next 6 month's. Otherwise get used to getting punched in the gut during conference play for the next couple of years...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
All I can say is we better be sleeping on the doorsteps of ANY JuCo DT's for the next 6 month's. Otherwise get used to getting punched in the gut during conference play for the next couple of years...
We're in the danger zone if we're hoping for jucos. We've been about50/50 as far as them getting eligible.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. I can't imagine if we late offer a DT that's committed to UCF, USF, FAU or similar type school they'd pass up a chance to play in the SEC. Again, not advocating taking a class full of these kids but one or two in case we miss at a position of need.

Even though he lost a star losing that DT to FSU was twice as big. We lose the only DT in the class and he ends up at our rival. Not good enough.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We're in the danger zone if we're hoping for jucos. We've been about50/50 as far as them getting eligible.
T, we're in the danger zone. It takes about 2 years for incoming HS kids to be ready for SEC/CFB LOS combat. Even a lot of JuCo guys don't shine until their final season. We need to bring in 2 JuCo's and at least 3 HS recruits this coming class, and I'm not talking about Rush/Buck type linemen.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
T, we're in the danger zone. It takes about 2 years for incoming HS kids to be ready for SEC/CFB LOS combat. Even a lot of JuCo guys don't shine until their final season. We need to bring in 2 JuCo's and at least 3 HS recruits this coming class, and I'm not talking about Rush/Buck type linemen.

5 DT's ain't happenin, period. We are going to sign around 17-20 this class. I can see 1 JUCO and 2 (at most) HS kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.