Since it is opening day....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My cousin has still never forgiven my dad and I for not attending her wedding in the 90s. :lol:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
My cousin has still never forgiven my dad and I for not attending her wedding in the 90s. :lol:
People that know me also know better than to even ask. Don't get married during football season. Sorry.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My wife wanted a fall wedding. I told her I didn't think it would be a good idea because of football. When she told my parents we were getting married in October, they quickly responded that they wouldn't be able to attend. (We were married on the West Coast) Needless to say, July became our wedding month. Wife still brings it up every year that she didn't get to have her Fall wedding. :lol:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

I am attending a wedding this weekend but thankfully it's tomorrow. Guy getting married is a big football fan.

IMG_4909.JPG

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My ex niece had one in Tallacrappy on opening day. I was there AND Made the 1pm kickoff in Gville...........Mario Andretti woulda shore been proud ..........she was a slimynole fan too..........maybe that is a reason she is my ex-niece.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I disowned my daughter because she got married on the day LSU beat us. I know we would have won if I'd been watching. It was all her fault!

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
My wife wanted a fall wedding. I told her I didn't think it would be a good idea because of football. When she told my parents we were getting married in October, they quickly responded that they wouldn't be able to attend. (We were married on the West Coast) Needless to say, July became our wedding month. Wife still brings it up every year that she didn't get to have her Fall wedding. :lol:

If she keeps bringing it up tell her she can get a fall divorce. :)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah but we were must see back then......In the last couple of years I've recorded a few noon start games to watch later. It's not the same as live but fast forwarding through the commercials to get to the good parts is nice......Strangely I've found that you can condense some of our games from 3 hours to less than 5 minutes if good offensive football is your thing....:lol:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
My wife is pretty understanding when it come to football season. She will absolutely let me watch the Gator games and gives me a pass on any kind of "family get together " (well a funeral might be different, we haven't crossed that bridge yet). But I agree to be available to do things when the game is over, so I don't get to watch football all day like I like. If we are playing a big game, I'll usually go into the bedroom and watch it by myself, cause I really don't want to be cursing and yelling in front of my 5 and 8 year old boys and they could care less about the game most of the time. All in all I can't complain when it comes to football season, heck my wife even managed to get pregnant with our kids in months that led to them being born out of football season. Lol

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The reason I got married on September 13th, 2008 was because that was the bye week.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The reason I got married on September 13th, 2008 was because that was the bye week.
It's completely ridiculous that people don't know how to use the bye week

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have a wedding this weekend but thankfully it's tomorrow. Guy getting married is a big football fan.

You're marrying a guy? Didn't know. But congrats!

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
(well a funeral might be different, we haven't crossed that bridge yet).

I wouldn't go to that shyt either unless it was immediate family.
Ain't my fault you died during football season. I might stop by the wake if theirs no game on at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator