Size is Relative

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
100% agree, Jones would massacre him. Jones trying to land a huge payday with Lesnar probably cause he's about out of money. lol
Is he broke? Then again, he admitted a while back he pissed some if his earnings early during his WWE career.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As for me, I can never get enough of watching Brock Lesnar getting his ass kicked.

He's definitely a tool. And Jon Jones is definitely a bad ass. I just don't think he has the size and steroid consumption to match him.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
He couldn't get him to the ground? That's what he does for a living. You all are smoking crack. And 220 last night? You think he put on 15-20 pounds in 2 days?
Not sure if your being serious about the 1st part but do you not pay much attention to mma? A lot of guys cut weight and gain it back so yes gaining 15-20 pounds is not much to gain. Most is water weight anyway

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Is he broke? Then again, he admitted a while back he pissed some if his earnings early during his WWE career.

I was talking about Jones, he's been in so much trouble it seems like lately that it just looks likes he trying for a huge payday. It's smart on his part, cause it'll generate a large audience and don't see him having a high risk at losing. I'm all for Jones moving up to heavyweight permanently, I think he would do well up there and he's cleaned out the light heavyweight division anyways.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if your being serious about the 1st part but do you not pay much attention to mma? A lot of guys cut weight and gain it back so yes gaining 15-20 pounds is not much to gain. Most is water weight anyway

I know that they cut weight and gain it back. Just like in boxing. Just like in wrestling. I just never heard of a 20 pound weight gain in two days.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now, from what I've heard, light heavyweight is not his natural weight. He's probably more of a heavyweight. If that's the case, and he could fight at around 240-245 pounds - that would be a bit of a game changer. But no way at his current weight.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Now, from what I've heard, light heavyweight is not his natural weight. He's probably more of a heavyweight. If that's the case, and he could fight at around 240-245 pounds - that would be a bit of a game changer. But no way at his current weight.
My son told me last night that Jones weighs as much as 270 when not training... he went way down for this fight and it showed... he was gassing/mouth breathing after about the second uppercut/half way through first round

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My son told me last night that Jones weighs as much as 270 when not training... he went way down for this fight and it showed... he was gassing/mouth breathing after about the second uppercut/half way through first round

270? His nickname is bones. How could that be? Constantly shifting 50 pounds every few months would send you into cardiac arrest.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I know that they cut weight and gain it back. Just like in boxing. Just like in wrestling. I just never heard of a 20 pound weight gain in two days.
J most middleweight MMA fighters will fight 8-10lbs heavier than what they weight in at for the fight. Someone with Jones frame could easily put back 15-18lbs in a matter of 2 days. I'm 6'3" and years ago, in my 20's, I sometimes would do mini fast where I would drink Green Tea and only eat 1 or 2 boiled eggs, no carbs, for 4 days. I could lose almost 25#. I could also gain it back in 2 to 3 days when I returned to lifting, eating 5-6 meals and of course drinking about 8-10 beers a night......

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
That's never been the case. The most he has ever weighed was about 230 and that was when he was big from heavy lifting during his suspension. Most heavyweights don't even walk around over 270.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
He's never had a problem reaching light heavyweight. A lot of people complain that it's not fair he fights at LH because of his height and reach advantage. He will end up at HW at some point but as long as he don't struggle to make weight he will fight at LW

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
J most middleweight MMA fighters will fight 8-10lbs heavier than what they weight in at for the fight. Someone with Jones frame could easily put back 15-18lbs in a matter of 2 days. I'm 6'3" and years ago, in my 20's, I sometimes would do mini fast where I would drink Green Tea and only eat 1 or 2 boiled eggs, no carbs, for 4 days. I could lose almost 25#. I could also gain it back in 2 to 3 days when I returned to lifting, eating 5-6 meals and of course drinking about 8-10 beers a night......

Your farts must've smelled horrible

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Anthony Johnson used to fight at 170 and would blow back up to 200+. Conor walks around at around 165 and would cut down to 145 and put the weight back on. Some guys can handle it and some cant

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
As for me, I can never get enough of watching Brock Lesnar getting his ass kicked.

Have you ever looked at Lesnar's legs below the knee? He's got these scrawny little calves that are so disproportionate to the rest of his body. It's the funniest thing. I guess he just works his upper body sooooooo much harder in the gym than he does his legs. :lol:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Anthony Johnson used to fight at 170 and would blow back up to 200+. Conor walks around at around 165 and would cut down to 145 and put the weight back on. Some guys can handle it and some cant

So maybe he wasn't 220 but was only 214 last night. I don't know b/c I didn't see the fight but I don't think it would matter. I think he'd beat Brock even if he weighed 210-215. As far as 20 lbs in 2 days, yes that's certainly doable. As was noted, a lot of it is water weight. When I wrestled, I could cut 7-10 pounds and "gain" it back in a day with no problem. 20 lbs in 2 days for a guy Jones' size seems reasonable.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
IMG_4875.PNG
That's never been the case. The most he has ever weighed was about 230 and that was when he was big from heavy lifting during his suspension. Most heavyweights don't even walk around over 270.
I texted him and he said he was 250 (not 270) when heavy lifting like you said. 250 in this pic. Sorry for saying 270! That said, yes Lesnar would probably be 275-280 on fight night.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Screenshot_20170731-215230.png
That's from underground today. He weighed in at 154 and was 183 on Saturday and he's a smaller guy. The bigger guys put weight on much easier.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

That's from underground today. He weighed in at 154 and was 183 on Saturday and he's a smaller guy. The bigger guys put weight on much easier.

That's pretty nuts. That being said, I don't think even at 230 pounds he could take out Lesnar. I think he'd have to be at least 10 pounds heavier. Especially when he's roided out like that fight against Frank Mir.

But what do I know? Looks like he's already opened as a sizable favorite:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/...vorite-over-brock-lesnar-in-possible-showdown

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
That's pretty nuts. That being said, I don't think even at 230 pounds he could take out Lesnar. I think he'd have to be at least 10 pounds heavier. Especially when he's roided out like that fight against Frank Mir.

But what do I know? Looks like he's already opened as a sizable favorite:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/...vorite-over-brock-lesnar-in-possible-showdown
I'm gonna take a stab at this and say you're a big wrestling fan aren't you? Did you watch Brock fight Cain or Overeem? Jones was able to stop an Olympic wrestler from taking him down in DC. Let's talk about DC. Did you know he was undefeated as a heavyweight and beat guys guy Josh Barnett who was a lot bigger than him, he also beat Frank Mir, Antonio Silva who cuts weight to make 265 and was on trt. Size don't always matter.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Lesnar has a glass chin. If Jones keeps his distance and uses his length, he may KO Lesnar and at 40 years old Lesnar is slowing down. But, Lesnar is huge and may provide a challenge for Jones.

Finally, the UFC should never allow Lesnar to fight in their organization again. They let him fight vs Mark Hunt knowing he likely was on something. They even waived the testing rules in order for him to fight. I would suspect Lesnar is still on the roids. Not that Jones is a clean fighter given he has a tumultuous history and has been given chance after chance.

Finally, this would be a stupid fight in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.