So Tell Me about Mac's Signature Win

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
We have had 2 seasons of the Mac Regime already. Won the SECeast both times.
What was his best win? IMO, it was last season's game at LSU. Game got moved to
Baton Rouge because of a hurricane that turned out to be a non-event. Go in to that boiling
cauldron of rabid Tiger fanatics as underdogs. Comes down to the end of the game with LSU
a few feet away from snatching victory from the jaws of defeat, and the Gator "D" puts up a stance
for the ages. Honestly, I never saw that one coming.

00S0S_7tdUIYszNf7_600x450.jpg

NOT ONE FOOT BACKWARDS!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would still say Ole Miss even though it was at home since LSU wasn't ranked that high and we don't beat LSU without all the turnovers.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
I would still say Ole Miss even though it was at home since LSU wasn't ranked that high and we don't beat LSU without all the turnovers.
I was there for that game, my one and only time at Benny Hill. Grear look as good as anybody in the country.
Too bad how all that ended for everybody concerned.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So far probably the LSU game edges the Ole Miss game. We had like half our defense injured, but they gutted it out and pulled out the victory. Plus LSU was calling us scared to play them, cause we had to postpone the game due to the hurricane scare. That whole situation really made LSU and their AD look pathetic and it was so sweet go in their house and win and shove it right up their A$$!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I don't think he really has one yet. We have not played a complete game where all the various parts of our team perform to their capabilities. Hopefully it will happen this year.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
His signature win was receiving an extension and second raise with 4 years left on his original contract!

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It wasn't a well played game, by either side. LSU dominated in every offensive category except turnovers (2-0). My recollection is that they basically shyt the bed, nearly saved it by marching down the field in the last minute, and then shyt the bed again on the last 2 plays.

Signature win? God I hope not.

I would say UT 2015, or Ole Miss 2015 would be better to hang your hat on. At least we played well for part of those games.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
It wasn't a well played game, by either side. LSU dominated in every offensive category except turnovers (2-0). My recollection is that they basically shyt the bed, nearly saved it by marching down the field in the last minute, and then shyt the bed again on the last 2 plays.

Signature win? God I hope not.

I would say UT 2015, or Ole Miss 2015 would be better to hang your hat on. At least we played well for part of those games.

UT 2015 is the poster child for shyting the bed, no way they should've lost that game.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
LSU, Ole Miss. ANYFCIN time he beats UGA..........our last bowl game left a good taste in my mouth. Beating UT his first year.
But we all know these are not signature wins. They are asterisks and abbreviations. When he beat 1/2 asss U and then Bama or whoever he meets in Atlanta will be a sig win.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
LSU last year. No contest. Especially after they $h*t the bed the week before.

Doesn't matter how you do it. Just win, baby.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was there for that game, my one and only time at Benny Hill. Grear look as good as anybody in the country.
Too bad how all that ended for everybody concerned.

The play calling really stood out also. We had wide open receivers all over the place for much of that game. Their defense looked really confused.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
The LSU game was very exciting because of the goal line stand, but the big win vs. Ole Miss was probably Mac's only game where the Gators looked like the team we want them to be. Amazing how quickly those visions were dashed, but yeah, I have to go with Ole Miss.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Maybe a defination would help? I found this one to be relevant.

My answer: Yes, because perhaps the best definition of a signature win is any victory that has people talking about it well beyond the normal shelf life of seven days.

I assume that includes the general population, not just fans of a team.

So by this standard maybe LSU, but probably none yet.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac ain't finished yet. He's got 4 more seasons ever getting stronger. Just think if Nuss gets replaced by a competent OC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb