So Tell Me about Mac's Signature Win

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
From an external, public perception view the LSU game was a really big win. Despite some thinking we have little or no momentum now, I hate to think of losing that game considering their disrespect of us and all the crap spewed before that game. We nutted up and got it done.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hard to say. Would it be 2009 when his offense put 490 yards on our #1 defense in the SECCG or when he blew out Texas in the following National Championship game?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to say. Would it be 2009 when his offense put 490 yards on our #1 defense in the SECCG or when he blew out Texas in the following National Championship game?

I hope you aren't saying he needs multiple number 1 recruiting classes for his offense to work?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hands down ole miss. They were coming off an Alabama win and we dominated them from start to finish. LSU was a punt fest that we made enough field goals to win.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hands down ole miss. They were coming off an Alabama win and we dominated them from start to finish. LSU was a punt fest that we made enough field goals to win.

I agree the game wasnt played well but the ending was great. The entire corndog nation was cocky and had trashed our university and players and fans. We shut their mouths and left them stunned. That and the Tenn game at home....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You have to answer my question before I'll answer your question.

Texas game? Mcelroy had what 60 yards passing? Def not that one. Gotta go with his game vs us if choosing between those two

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Texas game? Mcelroy had what 60 yards passing? Def not that one. Gotta go with his game vs us if choosing between those two
Fair enough. The answer to your question is no... or yes. Not sure the question was a double negative. I was not saying he needs multiple #1 classes, I was answering the thread title.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Haha, they did put it on us in that game. Killed our little dynasty we had going. Still ain't recovered from that butt whipping.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Haha, they did put it on us in that game. Killed our little dynasty we had going. Still ain't recovered from that butt whipping.

I think we can all look back to that game and point to it as a major breaking point. The wheels came off after that.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Mac's biggest win was somehow convincing Foley that he could win at UF even though he never won his division in the Mountain West Conference and was 22-16. He should never have been on Foley's list but somehow Mac so Mac's biggest win was getting the job at UF and his biggest recruit was recruiting himself to Foley. If only he could recruit players how he recruited himself to Foley maybe we'd be pulling better talent.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Michigan Win coming up in a few months!!

tenor.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree the game wasnt played well but the ending was great. The entire corndog nation was cocky and had trashed our university and players and fans. We shut their mouths and left them stunned. That and the Tenn game at home....
It was an emotional win for sure. But Mac's best looking game against a good team is the ole miss game. Everybody here thought we were back. Hell, even law did.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mac's biggest win was somehow convincing Foley that he could win at UF even though he never won his division in the Mountain West Conference and was 22-16. He should never have been on Foley's list but somehow Mac so Mac's biggest win was getting the job at UF and his biggest recruit was recruiting himself to Foley. If only he could recruit players how he recruited himself to Foley maybe we'd be pulling better talent.

If he gets Fields the tide could be turning

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
A "signature" win is a win that you look back on maybe a year later as a game that turned the tide. Usually a championship or rivalry game that you're the underdog, but not necessarily. It's the win that defines the style of wins that follow. For Pell it was maybe the USC game his 4th year. For Spurrier maybe his first year defeating #4 Auburn 48-7. For Urbs maybe year two NC game. A coaches signature win is determined in hindsight. In any case in general it's a "Signature" win because it's a talented team that the coach has molded in his image to victory. Hall was on probation and had limited talent so he gets a pass. But Zook and Chump had loads of talent and only signature losses. Mac won't be eligible for a signature win until he has a decent QB or his signature will be not being able to develop a QB. Mac has two signature opportunities next year: 1) Beat Michigan and F$U - then maybe Michigan is signature eligible. 2) Win the East and beat F$U then F$U is signature eligible.
If however, you are asking what is Mac's best Gator win then I'd say meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator