So where are the deficiencies in the 2018 football team?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Davis had a much better feel and ability for finding the quick openings than our other backs did.

It won't matter much when we play the top defenses in the league probably due to our O line.

That is interesting, but it still says part of the problem has been RB. I remember in Wayne Williams struggling behind what seemed to be a so so UF OL in 1987. Then Emmitt Smith got more carries and they didn't seem so bad. So I always wonder what part of a struggling rushing attack is due to an ordinary OL and what part is due to an ordinary RBs.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
neither your ignorance nor your persistence outshines the other.

Regardless of the pissing contest and Insti’s desire to stretch reality of a 4-8 season as though Davis carried a powerful offense, this line alone garnered a like. I wish I could give a stronger “well done”. Even for the Law Donley and his prolific posting, this is one of his better lines I can recall.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So nothing to contribute as usual.
Its really difficult to dignify your claptrap, but let me give you this morsel. The answer to a poor offensive line is a quick run or pass to the edge to get out of the muddy waters between the tackles.

That isnt even football 101. It is really football 099. Even people who dont know football know these things. Im sure you knew that already, right?

Now go review some film and see what you notice about where he ran (and cut). Then compare that to Scarlett and Perine (who generally tried to just run over the DL who defeated their blocks).

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Its really difficult to dignify your claptrap, but let me give you this morsel. The answer to a poor offensive line is a quick run or pass to the edge to get out of the muddy waters between the tackles.

That isnt even football 101. It is really football 099. Even people who dont know football know these things. Im sure you knew that already, right?

Now go review some film and see what you notice about where he ran (and cut). Then compare that to Scarlett and Perine (who generally tried to just run over the DL who defeated their blocks).

I didn't ask how to compensate for a poor offensive line. I asked how do people explain Malik Davis if the OL is so poor. Perhaps you if you ever catch up you can possibly contribute.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I didn't ask how to compensate for a poor offensive line. I asked how do people explain Malik Davis if the OL is so poor. Perhaps you if you ever catch up you can possibly contribute.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You lost all credibilty when you said fred johnson would start on some sec teams. Then you doubled down on it when you said you liked our safteys. I guess i coulda read it wrong though, i tend to do that from time to time .

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I'm not a big fan of McCoy and agree that "serviceable" is a good word to describe him. He was just named one of 6 SEC OL's to the Remington Award watch list. What is funny about this is that there has been talk that Mullen/Hevesy want to move Heggie to Center and move McCoy to #2. McCoy was even pushed by career back-up Nick Buchanan this spring.

Hopefully better coaching (Hevesy is the best OL coach these guys have had) and the new S&C program, along w/ being a year older, will help the entire OL. I'm not holding my breath, but I do think they will be better than last year.

Also looking forward to seeing what TJ Moore, Delance, and Banks can do....and possibly Gourage.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So who do you think was blocking for Malik Davis last year? Do you think my conjecture about fresh legs is the story? Or do you not have anything to contribute as usual?
I'm sure the teams he did that against having absolute putrid records themselves played no part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator