Soliciting ideas: Are there any sports writers among us?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've been thinking of a lot of ways to expand the site. One great thing about the internet is now you can be an average Joe who can take whatever talent you have and share it with thousands of people. You don't have to be a professional. A lot of the other sites have paid journalists to do their writing for them. I'm looking at it from another angle.

I know there are members (or lurkers) here that can write. Why not write an article (Gator-related is ideal, but any sports topic is fine) and submit it to Gatorchatter? I can serve as the editor, and assuming it's appropriate, post it up in an "Articles" section. Then we can have a corresponding thread to discuss the article. This is a way for closet writers to burst their way out and share with us their thoughts. You could make a name for yourself literally overnight. I also love the idea of average people being able to showcase their talents to a large group of people. Perhaps popular writers could even do regular articles if they so choose.

Thoughts? Feelings? Anyone with any private interest is welcome to PM me.

Discuss.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What happened to that green lantern guy? He used to post links to stuff he wrote. I vaguely remember him going off the deep end though.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was Guardian. Pretty talented writer for an alien. In fact, he wrote on a site that was for sports bloggers. Then you have your BFF DC.....oh thats right, he's working in a high level position in the current circle jerk.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still like the idea of maybe having someone with ties to the program doing a Q&A on your podcast with some interactive questions from the peanut gallery in the shoutbox.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't call it ties to the program by any means, but I did accept a job from the UAA for the upcoming fall. I hope to get some sort of information out of it.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This group can be pretty negative to peoples ideas. I would be very hesitant to risk it.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty good at copy/pasting other peoples articles. :dance2:

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n11052 said:
I wouldn't call it ties to the program by any means, but I did accept a job from the UAA for the upcoming fall. I hope to get some sort of information out of it.

If it is like it used to be in the '90s, doubtful. On the upside, you may get some Nike gear out of the deal.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n11065 said:
This group can be pretty negative to peoples ideas. I would be very hesitant to risk it.
That's what I'm afraid of, and that's why I hesitated in doing the podcast for a long time. After I did it, everyone was so supportive it encouraged me to do more. I think this is a more supportive group than you think.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, I already have someone working on an article. The writer shall remain a mystery until publication.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
Keep a journal and see if it "spells" a worthy article. Warning tryers will be sensitive about their writing so keep your doubts on content only. And don't make the author too defensive if you can help it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator said:
I'm pretty good at copy/pasting other peoples articles. :dance2:
I want you to start leaving my articles "as is".

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave said:
JC_Gator;n11052 said:

If it is like it used to be in the '90s, doubtful. On the upside, you may get some Nike gear out of the deal.
Then write about how the shoes fit and your best "lace-up" time.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My tourettes would probably come through in the article and it would never be published due to language. Besides, I can't even color inside the lines.

Cover2 has to be your man.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tourette's utterances may be the vernacular describing this season after all. All is a mystery if our shovels are big enough to dig out of this hole.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n11052 said:
Just remember, before Foley started selling in the ticket ofifce, he used to wash dirty jockstraps.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Turk182;n11065 said:
That's what I'm afraid of, and that's why I hesitated in doing the podcast for a long time. After I did it, everyone was so supportive it encouraged me to do more. I think this is a more supportive group than you think.
I can't believe you never heard the things we said behind your back.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The hard thing about writing any kind of article on Gator football for this site is the lack of access to insider information and the actual players and coaches for quotes. I could easily write some opinion stuff up, but most of it would be conjecture without any real info backing it up.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
The hard thing about writing any kind of article on Gator football for this site is the lack of access to insider information and the actual players and coaches for quotes. I could easily write some opinion stuff up, but most of it would be conjecture without any real info backing it up.
Real info gives us less to kick around - - so opinion is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.