Solomon apologizes to Michigan for saying **** them

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...ogizes-to-michigan-fans/ar-BBxVP2e?li=BBnb7Kz

Once upon a time, five-star defensive tackle Aubrey Solomon was a Michigan commit. He was a member of the Wolverines’ 2017 class for just over two months, originally committing on June 18, 2016, but the Leesburg, Georgia prospect backed off his pledge on August 22.

Solomon is currently partaking in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl festivities in San Antonio, Texas, and on Thursday a Periscope video was posted of him saying “f*** Michigan.” The video has since been removed, and Solomon has taken the high road to apologize to fans. He tweeted the following message along with “I have some growing up to do.”

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Smarter than I thought he was...yup Fock Michigan

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that it's mature of him to apologize like that.

However, I really wish people would stop declaring that their actions 'in no way reflect on' who they are as a person. What?!?!?! Your actions don't reflect on who you are as a person? What do you think that means? Does it mean that what you did is in no way related to who you actually are? ...or does it mean that you don't want (or aren't accepting it if) people evaluate who you are based on your actions?

Ridiculous.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that it's mature of him to apologize like that.

However, I really wish people would stop declaring that their actions 'in no way reflect on' who they are as a person. What?!?!?! Your actions don't reflect on who you are as a person? What do you think that means? Does it mean that what you did is in no way related to who you actually are? ...or does it mean that you don't want (or aren't accepting it if) people evaluate who you are based on your actions?

Ridiculous.

Unfortunately, I don't think it is possible to have one persona these days. I would bet that nobody here honestly says their public and private personas are exactly the same...that they would say anything publicly that they say, or do, privately. His private persona slipped publicly, and so what I think he meant is "my private actions don't reflect on who I am publicly"

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
No need to apologize for speaking the truth.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately, I don't think it is possible to have one persona these days. I would bet that nobody here honestly says their public and private personas are exactly the same...that they would say anything publicly that they say, or do, privately. His private persona slipped publicly, and so what I think he meant is "my private actions don't reflect on who I am publicly"

You touch on what I believe is a really important issue. ...but it goes much deeper than some silly twitter news or college football.

I would call it reality vs perception. It relates to your words "who I am" and "persona." It also relates to people saying "my truth." There is only one reality, one truth. There are innumerable perceptions of that reality (and just as many false perceptions of it), but only one reality. I think I understand your point that we all have a public image, persona or reputation (or perhaps multiple!) that we seek to manage - and these 'images' are tied somehow to the reality of who we are. However, you mixed up some wording (imo) in your last statement. The "who I am" is your reality and that reality is shaped by your thoughts, words and actions publicly AND privately. Let's not even pretend that the private version is our 'true being.'

...and that's my point of this whole thing. What he said came from who he is. It does and should reflect on who they are (and how they are perceived) as a person. I'm about to keep burrowing, but I oughta quit.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spot on.
Did you know that my name is not really Bart, but Greg?
Bart is cool and snarky.
:bart: :bandit:

Greg is an old stick in the mud.
:wobble:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm Batman.
batman.gif