Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NFL network had him as a late first / early 2nd...

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
It's got to be pretty frustrating for JB being drafted that late.

I would imagine that's where he was projected to go if he had come out early last year?

I have no doubt he's glad he came for his senior and that he isn't regretting that decision, but I'm sure he was counting on making more money this year by coming back, than leaving early last year.

That said, I hope he kicks ass in the NFL. He's one of my all time favorite Gators.

Last edited:

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
It's got to be pretty frustrated for JB being drafted that late.

I would imagine that's where he was projected to go if he had come out early last year?

I have no doubt he's glad he came for his senior and that he isn't regretting that decision, but I'm sure he was counting on making more money this year by coming back, than leaving early last year.

That said, I hope he kicks ass in the NFL. He's one of my all time favorite Gators.
Those have been my thoughts as well about his decision to come back. I hope he shows them and ends up getting a great contract when the time comes to renegotiate in a few years..

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He had a monster year last year and he improved every year he was here. I wish all of our players progressed the way he did. He'll have the last laugh if he stays healthy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is one of the best linemen we've had in a long, long time.

Chics like sacks. Show me a run stuffer if you want me to be impressed.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It could very well hurt our chances of players staying to improve their stock.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of the best to ever play here. I hope Clark can continue the trend.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was really hoping the Packers would take him in round 2...he would have been great in that defense...now he's a bear...puke

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
On Walterfootball.com they have a series why the slide. They already did McCallister:

http://walterfootball.com/ws2016amccalister.php

and today discuss Bullard:

http://walterfootball.com/ws2016jbullard.php

They say in part:

"When you watched Florida last season, Jonathan Bullard leapt off the screen. The Gators' senior defensive lineman had a tremendous season and was making impressive plays in the backfield all year. He was one of the best defensive linemen in college football, hands down. Bullard was a tough run defender who got pressure on the quarterback and commanded extra blocking attention. Thus, it was surprising when Bullard fell to the third round of the 2016 NFL Draft.

Sources say the main reason that Bullard fell in the draft was because teams looked at him as a tweener. That was even an issue for the Gators' coaching staff over the past few seasons, as Bullard doesn't have the body type for defensive end or defensive tackle at 6-foot-2, 283 pounds. Sources at other 3-4 teams didn't see a good scheme fit for Bullard in their defense. Many teams felt that he lacked the weight to consistently play tackle and the length to play end. Every team source said that Bullard had excellent tape and some "Wow!" plays, but the body type and scheme-fit questions caused him to get second-round grades from the teams I spoke with. "

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bullard will be in the NFL a long time unless he gets hurt. Book it. (Or goes all Ray Mac. Very similar players.)

As always, all the NFL nutballs care about is arm length, height, etc.

McCallister? It's hard to imagine him lasting unless he puts on some serious weight and learns how to play run defense. I just cant imagine him playing LB. He made Morrison look like Lito Shepard. Its a tough row trying to make a living as a third and long only guy.

Last edited:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As always, all the NFL nutballs care about is arm length, height, etc.
I find it fascinating that you would bash the nfl guys for thinking a 282 lb guy is too small to play DT with the number of threads you have about not taking high school kids based on their weight.

The tape only matters in college?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I find it fascinating that you would bash the nfl guys for thinking a 282 lb guy is too small to play DT with the number of threads you have about not taking high school kids based on their weight.

The tape only matters in college?
This one has aged pretty well, too.

Bullard is and always was a DE and will have a long career innthe NFL, even though some of you chics only understand sacks.

Last edited:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This one has aged pretty well, too.

Bullard is and always was a DE and will have a long career innthe NFL, even though some of you chics only understand sacks.
What does this have to do with my comment that you were replying to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb