Some Team Info From Swamp Gas

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
My friends son had a member of the team over his house today. I won't say who it was, here are some interesting tidbits on the team. I will be brief.

Trask will be the starter
Copeland is a freak of nature
Cece is all healed up
Polite is a beast
Zuniga is a monster
The look of the team is night and day different from savage
Cyontai is a great blocker
Scarlet is a beast, beat back on team
Peirce is unnaturally strong over 600pound squat.
Patriots were down lookimg at the team, they were in love with slayton, 6'4" 350 runs a 4:7, will be unstoppable.
Clayton is a bust
Lenton and Taylor will start at safety, Gardner at nickel. Trey dean plays a lot
Malik and heggie all cleared medically, we knew this.
Offensive line is much stronger and in better condition.
Franks not as bad as he looked, the team was dumbfounded by play calling in games...macnuss....
Wr group is amazing top 3, in order, Cleveland, Jefferson Toney. Grimes won't be cleared, hope he is wrong but that's what he said.
Didn't mention much on linebackers.
They really like Mullen.
If I remember more I will post.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/some-things-i-heard-today.402434/

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

dead-donkey.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's generally pretty upbeat. I'm not shocked over Trask. It's where we are right now.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

dead-donkey.jpg

Well, we all know Trask is not an SEC caliber QB but he is still better than 4 star Franks. Sad but true. Our only option to win is to start the true freshman Jones.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I laughed at Lenton starting. Sure if Brad Stewart and Shawn Davis have procedures where their legs are amputated.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Bout that time of the year we start seeing these kinds of posts :lol:

I’ve fallen for it in the past but not this time!

36C9D7A3-DC52-4A68-9757-EA96B925A098.gif

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Based on what is listed i'm guessing the mystery player is one of the following.
A- Trask
B- Someone fighting for PT with Clayton
C- Lenton

A or C is my best guess.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Considering this is 3rd- or 4th-hand info, I’m sure details got muddy as it got passed along. However, I like the general tone that S&C has improved and might show up on game day (that’s my optimism, not a guarantee).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Considering this is 3rd- or 4th-hand info, I’m sure details got muddy as it got passed along. However, I like the general tone that S&C has improved and might show up on game day (that’s my optimism, not a guarantee).

There's a S&C thread, go take a look at the twitter clips. There's one of Savage getting all up in their sh*t and they're responded w/ enthusiasm, excitement, jumping around, all-in. It's very encouraging. Can you imagine old man Mike Kent doing that? He's like a near retirement junior HS gym teacher. Savage is 28 years old and he's using the same training methods our rivals are using vs. whatever the F Kent/Butters was doing. This alone will improve our football team's on-field performance.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is currently on the front page of gatorcountry:

Breakout Watch: Who will step up on Florida Gators defense in 2018?

https://www.gatorcountry.com/featur...ll-step-up-on-florida-gators-defense-in-2018/

Defensive End: Antonneous Clayton
It almost feels like a broken record saying this could finally be the year for Clayton, but this time it might actually be true. Clayton came to Florida as one of the top recruits in his class, but going into his junior season, he has just 10 tackles and one sack to his name. He had so much potential when he arrived on campus, but an illness caused him to lose a significant amount of weight, and under the nutrition and training program of the previous staff, it seemed he never fully recovered. He may have benefited from the Nick Savage training program more than anyone, as he now weighs in at 254 pounds and looks healthier than ever. He made strides in the spring and put it on full display with six tackles and two sacks in the Orange and Blue Game. The Gators may have some depth at the position, but Clayton could be a real difference maker in getting to the quarterback if he can finally show some consistency.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I laughed at Lenton starting. Sure if Brad Stewart and Shawn Davis have procedures where their legs are amputated.

That's the one that killed their credibility with me as well. The others are the usual mid-summer fluff, which I'm fine with. The problem isn't so much in buying into these "beast/huge improvement/finally getting it" type observations, it's more that fact that at every campus of every team we'll face this season, the same thing is happening. To me, that's where people lose sight of things and set themselves up for disappointment.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm still not sold that guys like Zuniga, Polite and others of that McElwain era don't have fairly low ceilings. Improvements, yes, to be expected. But low ceilings nonetheless.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Forget about how I feel regarding Cousin Eddie, but based on some of those comments this team appears as tho it will be undefeated

So I will try and be more realistic regarding some of the more outlandish statements:
1. Polite is a beast: Decent serviceable and plays hard, but not a beast.
2. Zuniga is a monster: Huh. can't hold up against the run. but an okay player
3. Cyontai is a great blocker :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
4. Scarlett is a beast: A good back, but not a standout.
etc. etc. etc.

Hope the team is better but this sounds like someone was drunk on the kool_Aid

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
I agree that Scarlett is a beast. I don't know exactly what that poster means when they say "freak of nature" but I'm pretty certain that Copeland will be our best WR in a long time. The rest of that sounds like a bunch of BS. Quincy Lenton a starter? Suuuuurrreeeee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator