Someone other than Harris needs to start next week - PERIOD

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter who. Grady, I would assume. Give him all the first team reps this week and throw him out there. Someone new may at least give us a 1% chance to win. It's 0% with Harris. Mentally, he is DONE, and Mac has to know that.

Same with Hardin. There is no reason for Hardin to ever attempt another kick for the Florida Gators. Put in the dentist and be done with it.

Discuss.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Harris is terrible terrible terrible.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If not next week, give them all the reps for a month leading into the bowl and have a decent performance in Orlando or Tampa.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
The announcers mentioned there had been like 6 blocked passes. That's 6 wasted plays out of what 60+. So about 10% of our offensive plays are wasted due to Treon's height. If we play someone taller, maybe we get those back?

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hardin kicked his last attempt right into our O-line's ASS! 18" off the ground, for cryin' out loud!

Ya think we need to try something new?

Maybe Tabor or Hargreaves can pass. They're both totally talented, let them try. How much worse could it be with them passing?

After tonight, I'd try Bullard under center. If nothing else, he'd scare the crap out of the pass rushers.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I agree. Grady, Guy, Provancha, whoever is there. Hell, run wildcat with Taylor or Powell for all I care. I don't ever want to see Treon take another snap.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Said some regrettable stuff about Treon in the Chat (Ox?) Box tonight that I want to apologize for.

He is playing his heart out, and like Driskel, he's just not good enough. It's not his fault there is nobody better than him on the roster.

Here's to hoping he transitions to WR and has a strong career there.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter who. Grady, I would assume. Give him all the first team reps this week and throw him out there. Someone new may at least give us a 1% chance to win. It's 0% with Harris. Mentally, he is DONE, and Mac has to know that.

Same with Hardin. There is no reason for Hardin to ever attempt another kick for the Florida Gators. Put in the dentist and be done with it.

Discuss.
I'd agree. He's no longer a square peg. His corners have been stripped off.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
  • What I do not understand is where are the timing routes? Where is the coach benching him for leaving the pocket when no one is around? There needs to be a total overhaul let the defense be the offense next game and our offense be the defense, yeah we might lose but the score will probably be in the 40 or 50s

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wildcat with Powell would be a look. Telling Treon to pull the damned ball every now and then and run would as well.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Listen I think Mac's 10 wins this year is outstanding but I have to question his and Nuss' decision to continue with Treeoff.

You have a 3* 6'5 QB on the roster who probably couldn't do any worse yet you continue to march out Treooff much like Chump did with Driskel last year.

I wonder if Mac realizes he's losing this team; you could tell by the way the game finished tonight. Need a jolt, need to try something, need to show the rest your team that you are committed to doing whatever it takes to win.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Been calling for this. He needs to be benched. Pathetic. We can't score with him at QB. I don't understand why the Dentist isn't kicking. I've never seen a kicker this bad.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is beyond me. I wish a reporter had the balls to ask why or if another qb will play next week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
  • What I do not understand is where are the timing routes? Where is the coach benching him for leaving the pocket when no one is around? There needs to be a total overhaul let the defense be the offense next game and our offense be the defense, yeah we might lose but the score will probably be in the 40 or 50s
May I inquire why you put bullet points in front of your posts?

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Said some regrettable stuff about Treon in the Chat (Ox?) Box tonight that I want to apologize for.

He is playing his heart out, and like Driskel, he's just not good enough. It's not his fault there is nobody better than him on the roster.

Here's to hoping he transitions to WR and has a strong career there.

You're far kinder than I am (or was).

He tries hard. But that's clearly not good enough for the starting QB at UF. Sad. But true.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
This is beyond me. I wish a reporter had the balls to ask why or if another qb will play next week.
He was asked and said No Treon is the QB

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

A reporter did ask if he considered replacing Treon. He said no. Said Treon could have played better but other around him could have tool. BS. The line and backs played well. The issue with the offense is the QB and coaching.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
If McElwain wants to keep his honeymoon going with Gator Nation he'd better pull his head out of his ass long enough to realize what a humiliating disaster this loss to the ****holes in our own house was tonight. Don't allow it again Mac or you may find yourself on the market again That stinknole team is not very good and you allowed them to beat the crap out of us in our own house. Learn and learn fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator