Someone other than Harris needs to start next week - PERIOD

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My initial thought after the suspension was announced was that Grier's career at Florida was done. I now realize that was wrong. He's by far the best quarterback on the roster and will likely still hold that status when he returns. Add a kicker and a few linemen and this is a very good roster.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tons worse than Driskel. I'm not making any comments about a coaches "relationship" with his QB, you can chat that up all you want with the other ladies in your quilting bee.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
My initial thought after the suspension was announced was that Grier's career at Florida was done. I now realize that was wrong. He's by far the best quarterback on the roster and will likely still hold that status when he returns. Add a kicker and a few linemen and this is a very good roster.

I still think Grier has taken his last snap at Florida.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Because he won't see the field or he will transfer? Barring the latter or one of the incoming people learning the system fast and furious, I don't see how anyone cannot see him on the field again. He's perfect for this offense.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Mac let's Treon run around a little bit more against Bama. With a month to recover for a bowl game that probably won't matter much anyway, getting Treon hurt in an effort to win the SEC will be seen as "pulling out all the stops." And I'd be okay with that.

I'll be expecting a little more ingenuity on offense, which, hopefully, will keep some of you from jumping completely off the ledge.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I think Law was probably red faced and seething during the game and agrees with most everything here, but he likes being the contrarian too much to admit it

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
To me, this suspension effectively killed two seasons for Will. We're crumbling this season at the end as an effect and then what pull the "successful" guy running through next years 6-7 games... and if the next year guy is flailing, odds are the record by then will be too and here comes Will to "turn it around". The season by then could be a disappointment. Either way, possibly not so hot for us fans to watch. Best laid plan is one of the "new guys" takes off and never looks back or at least keep it respectable until the cavalry arrives. Cloudy horizon to be sure at the QB spot.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Why do you think this? If he transfers he has to sit out the whole season next year and he loses that full year of eligibility. He is better off missing 6 games then taking over and really doing great in 2017

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Grier is not transferring.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@osgators: #Gators 17.5-point underdogs in SEC title game against Alabama, line opened at 12

Will be more by game time I'm sure.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To me, this suspension effectively killed two seasons for Will. We're crumbling this season at the end as an effect and then what pull the "successful" guy running through next years 6-7 games... and if the next year guy is flailing, odds are the record by then will be too and here comes Will to "turn it around". The season by then could be a disappointment. Either way, possibly not so hot for us fans to watch. Best laid plan is one of the "new guys" takes off and never looks back or at least keep it respectable until the cavalry arrives. Cloudy horizon to be sure at the QB spot.
We could get through the first half of next year with only one loss IMO. Better line play, a kicker, maybe some tweaks to the offense for Treon after having a whole offseason to prepare, etc. Don't forget that the bowl selection committee will look at the whole picture and if we are a 1 or even 2 loss team but playing well at the end and winning the SECCG we have a shot. Even so, the conventional wisdom here has been that 17 is gonna be the year for a run and IMO that hasn't changed at all.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
As far as Treon, it's probably just a combination of disastrous QB's behind him combined with a loyalty that Mac feels he needs to show. Maybe he feels benching him will upset the team, who knows?

I still feel the program is headed in the right direction.

If that's the case then Mac will fail miserably.

jackwagon-o.gif

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
As I stated above this was one the worst called games I've ever seen. Yet the last 4 weeks have been the exact same....So tell me at what point do you try something different? Didn't the greatest coaches we've seen at UF always add a wrinkle when their offense was getting stale. As much as I despise Urban he never would have gone 4 games without mixing things up. SOS, you're kidding me, he would have reverted to the Wishbone before putting that turd of a game on the field last night. We were running the ball somewhat effectively in the first half and may have been able to wear them out after a while.

Mac wasn't my first choice to be HC but I thought he was a good choice (I still think that) and I was happy when we got him. However, I wasn't too thrilled when he hired Nussmeier. So the question is, how much of the stagnant offense is on Mac and how much is on Nussmeier (knowing that Treon is a huge part of the problem, too)? I'm curious as to the thoughts of others on this and I haven't heard Nussmeier's name mentioned at all. While Mac did well calling plays at Bama, I don't know how involved he is during the game actually calling the plays for us and that may be part of the problem, too. Many of us thought we would look like Bama's offense when they were steamrolling teams with Mac as the OC but that's not happening and that could be due to who it is that is actually calling plays for us, in addition to having a guy at QB who isn't getting the job done. Thoughts?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Because he won't see the field or he will transfer? Barring the latter or one of the incoming people learning the system fast and furious, I don't see how anyone cannot see him on the field again. He's perfect for this offense.
Exactly.

With each snap Harris takes solidifies Grier's chances to regain as soon as he's eligible vs mizzou next year. Grier's best option IMO is to stay put with no transfers and sitting out more. He can regain the job vs Harris or any true freshman coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
The offensive line played one of their better games last night, yet our coaches didn't take advantage of it....Not giving WM any excuses and don't think Mac should get any either.

The hell they didn't.. we had receivers running wide open all night - but nobody could get them the ball!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The hell they didn't.. we had receivers running wide open all night - but nobody could get them the ball!

That's accurate. I have to laugh at some of the people on this board, people who earlier lauded the balanced and practical playcalling, now inferring Mac and Nussy as brain dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator