Someone other than Harris needs to start next week - PERIOD

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
"but asking him to change an offensive system in mid season is just ridiculous."

this is the statement / attitude that I am having trouble with. If we do nothing, we get embarrassed. I don't have the football sense to say what the change really should be, but for the life of me I can't see the harm in trying something.

By the way, I remember Meyer talking about sitting down with Mullen after a bad loss and reworking the offense. He could not run his full spread with Leak.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You've been cracking me up dude. You spent the entire offseason *****ing about how awful all the hires were, how we were going to win 4 games, blahblahblah. Now all you do is crack on other posters who you think are being too negative.:suicide:

I think you got Law figured out. He's a rebel at heart and just wants to go against the grain for the sake of it. He's a true rebel...

giphy.gif

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We averaged 3 yards a carry. Against FAU. FAU. But the game plan that barely beat a crappy FCS team should work against a ranked rival? And sweeps every down might work. Or bubble screens. Hell anything might work. I just don't see any evidence to support that it would. I see evidence that mixing pass and run netted us 5 yards a carry though.

200.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You've been cracking me up dude. You spent the entire offseason *****ing about how awful all the hires were, how we were going to win 4 games, blahblahblah. Now all you do is crack on other posters who you think are being too negative.

:suicide:
Chronic Dawgchamposis. I have recovered.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Another words......Mac should revert to Muschamp ball. That's our master plan...Muschamp ball...
Thats always Crete's plan and why he loved Chimp and Bulimia so much.

He gets an erection when you so triple option or punt.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've defended Treon simply because it's not his fault he's the starter. I don't understand the pure hate towards him, but 90% of y'all are still in love with Grier. He's the guy that put us in this situation and deserves the hate.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"but asking him to change an offensive system in mid season is just ridiculous."

this is the statement / attitude that I am having trouble with. If we do nothing, we get embarrassed. I don't have the football sense to say what the change really should be, but for the life of me I can't see the harm in trying something.

By the way, I remember Meyer talking about sitting down with Mullen after a bad loss and reworking the offense. He could not run his full spread with Leak.

So you are going to compare Apples and Oranges. Going from a Pro-Style offense, with rollouts to a spread... Compared to a Spread Offense to a Different Spread offense. Apples and Orange. Meyer and Mullen didn't change the offense. They tweaked it, but still kept the core principles. What you are suggesting, because tweaking it isn't working is a complete change. Also the depth of offensive talent (especially at Offensive line) was completely different in the two situations. He have possibly two NFL talent players on the offensive roster right now (Taylor and Calloway), Meyer and Mullen had several guys who had NFL talent and were drafted when they made that change. We don't have the talent for even that. This isn't a coaching issue, we just don't have the depth at key positions. Saturday night was going to happen at some point. We have been able to out talent teams like FAU, USCe, and Vandy. But we can't out talent FSU right now, and we don't have the depth to use the scheme. The plays were on the field. Wide Receivers were running clean after 5-10 yards. But without the offensive line and a quarterback who can deliver it didn't matter. There are only so many things that a staff can do, and I don't know how good grady is (I think it is at least worth a shot, but I don't know how good he is). The coaches had a winning scheme in place, we just don't have the line to open up the outside or the quarterback to make them pay.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've defended Treon simply because it's not his fault he's the starter. I don't understand the pure hate towards him, but 90% of y'all are still in love with Grier. He's the guy that put us in this situation and deserves the hate.

I don't hate Treon, he isn't what this offense needs. He was recruited to run a spread, which we no longer run. He was thrust into a $hitty situation, and it's not his fault for the situation. Some of his decision making on the field, bad. But Mushcamp is the reason for the lack of Offensive talent on this roster.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This post is full of truth bombs.

I'm not gonna lie, I was getting pretty upset with the way Treon was playing, but at the end of the day, he's doing the best he can. It's not his fault we have absolutely no offensive line and he was thrown into this situation. Granted, he played like absolute sh*t, but as Batman said to Two Face, "You're the one pointing the gun, so point it at the people responsible."

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

I havent defended Grier except that his punishment is too severe. That being said, if he would have been injured, who would you blame then? If Treon cant play at this level than what is he doing here?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I havent defended Grier except that his punishment is too severe. That being said, if he would have been injured, who would you blame then? If Treon cant play at this level than what is he doing here?
I don't play the what if game. I deal in reality and the reality is that Grier created this situation with his selfish stupidity.

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
There is a reason we had WR's open all night last night....because they were smart enough to figure out that our midget QB couldn't see them....in other words they didn't care about our guys being wide open....and we still averaged over 5 yards a carry.....you don't have to be a genius to play those odds, yet somehow our coaches neglected to notice and take full advantage.
Truth here. Semenholes D was all within 5-10 yards of the line. They knew Treon Treoff couldn't get it any further.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014

MJM I get what you mean here man but you know that's not a realistic thought pattern. It's about the eye test and their play on the field. When WG was in, everyone could see how good he was becoming... Right or wrong people are going to go by what they have seen out of both WG and TH... Therefore TH is playing badly and catching it for doing so. Nothing more nothing less...

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
The only thing upsetting me at this point without repeating all the Treon sucks banter is Coach Mac not even considering something different. This is, if we believe what he is saying at pressers. Isn't he the guy with the goofy grin always talking about next man up? That is what I expect from the coach. Would have been nice to hear that Treon needs to improve and if not "next man up". When I'm weighing who is worse Driskell, Brantley, or Treon he's in bad bad company. The funny thing is (funny - sad) that his throws are so bad that they can't even be picked off. They go to no man's land or hit the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.