Someone other than Harris needs to start next week - PERIOD

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Treon let 14 points elude us with two errant throws, both of which he had Calloway wide open.

Missing Calloway early in the game was a sign of things to come. Did you see how wide open he was? Sad thing is, he was so open, he still would've scored had he not slipped when coming back for the under thrown ball.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't play the what if game. I deal in reality and the reality is that Grier created this situation with his selfish stupidity.

Yep it is Grier's fault that Harris is in this situation, and it's possible that we would be undefeated right now if Grier was still able to play. This doesn't mean that it's Grier's fault every time Harris makes a bad throw, doesn't throw on time, doesn't process what the defense is doing, and takes unnecessary sacks. Since Harris has more game experience than Grier, outplayed our starter last year, and was supposedly neck and neck with him to be the starter this year, it's just wildly disappointing that he has played so much worse this year as the season progressed.

If Harris was a 2 or 3 star guy with no playing experience and no recruiting hype, then I think more would agree with you, MJM. But Harris is supposed to be better than this. Much better than this. He is supposed to show improvement, not regressed. There are simple things about playing QB that he should have figured out by now but hasn't. He hasn't gotten better, he isn't going to and better, and we can't win with him.

In my opinion there is no harm in trying Grady or Guy at QB. The offense just got shut out so it's certainly not going to get any worse with a different QB.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yep it is Grier's fault that Harris is in this situation, and it's possible that we would be undefeated right now if Grier was still able to play. This doesn't mean that it's Grier's fault every time Harris makes a bad throw, doesn't throw on time, doesn't process what the defense is doing, and takes unnecessary sacks. Since Harris has more game experience than Grier, outplayed our starter last year, and was supposedly neck and neck with him to be the starter this year, it's just wildly disappointing that he has played so much worse this year as the season progressed.

If Harris was a 2 or 3 star guy with no playing experience and no recruiting hype, then I think more would agree with you, MJM. But Harris is supposed to be better than this. Much better than this. He is supposed to show improvement, not regressed. There are simple things about playing QB that he should have figured out by now but hasn't. He hasn't gotten better, he isn't going to and better, and we can't win with him.

In my opinion there is no harm in trying Grady or Guy at QB. The offense just got shut out so it's certainly not going to get any worse with a different QB.
I've never defended his play, other than he has usually done a good job of not taking too many risks throwing the ball. He has regressed and I feel like the OL has, as well. Both appear to be severely lacking confidence at this point and rightfully so. I don't think there's anything behind him that's nearly as good as he is...and that's gotta be pretty bad. :lol:
Also, I keep reading posters talking about wide open receivers, but I don't see it as often as they seem to. I see an open receiver here and there, but it usually conicides with a jailbreak bearing down on our QB. Treon isn't a gunslinger and he never will be. We just needed him to be adequate in the passing game and he's not doing it, but unlike many, I don't see him getting much help from the OL or WRs. It's just a bad situation all the way around and I guess we should feel fortunate to have won so many games with our deficiencies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac has admitted since Saturday's loss that he's not using Harris right. "Pushing the envelope" were his words. Look for a few new wrinkles against Bama.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Mac has admitted since Saturday's loss that he's not using Harris right. "Pushing the envelope" were his words. Look for a few new wrinkles against Bama.
I hope one of those wrinkles is not running Hardin out there to attempt anything but a kickoff.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Does anyone have a book left over from Gen Nyland on how to run the single wing, or maybe the flying wedge?
Bayergator

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have a great idea Bayergator. You are apparently spending your life in the Alps. If you really want to contribute something worthwhile to this site, why don't you create a thread and post some pictures of the scenery? I'm sure everyone here would appreciate that.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member

my guess is weed

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I have a great idea Bayergator. You are apparently spending your life in the Alps. If you really want to contribute something worthwhile to this site, why don't you create a thread and post some pictures of the scenery? I'm sure everyone here would appreciate that.
:burn:

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I think the phrase "a few LESS wrinkles" would be more like it. If you're trying to get a guy to do too much, your only other option is to have have him do less...

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Law wants the triple option offense. We would have beaten FSU if we ran that.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I don't think you guys have tumbled to what is going. Mac has not been playing for this season for months, maybe all season. He will not adjust his system for Treon because this season is actually an embarrassment to him. He keeps or loses his job based on what happens in season three. Winning now makes showing improvement harder. Not saying he is playing to lose, but... Check the last half dozen games. Substitutions, times out, plays, have consistently broken the rhythm, and been geared to recruiting, etc. Open your eyes. It is right in front of you

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone have a book left over from Gen Nyland on how to run the single wing
Single wing? You mean Urban's offense? Im sure we still have that and a few other relics from the 50s sitting around.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Another words......Mac should revert to Muschamp ball. That's our master plan...Muschamp ball...
So you'd rather lose in embarrassing fashion in front of the largest home crowd EVER, dozens of the most sought after recruits, and millions of viewers on television, than win ONE game in ugly fashion?.....One game that could have changed the balance of power in the state for years to come? One game that could have sent a clear message throughout not only the state but CFB in general that UF is back on top?.....One ****ing game? Maybe I should remind you that we are dangerously close to being Jimbo's bitch.....does 5 out of 6 taste good?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Crete defending Chimp ball again? Surprising.

Dangerously close to being Jimbos bytch, because of Mushchimp ball.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I wouldn't care if Mike Leach or Hal Mumme were coaching last Saturday's game, even they wouldn't have had Stumpy the Dwarf throw more than a handful of times after the first 2 or 3 series. Nobody who watched that game thought that anything good would happen once the Oompa Loompa started dropping back to pass....Oh except Jimbo who's now beaten the last 3 UF coaches....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb