Someone other than Harris needs to start next week - PERIOD

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd go with Jacob Guy personally and have some option sets for Grady. Guy may be a walk on, but I'd be willing to guarantee he's better than Treon and he's like 6'4, so plenty of big to see the field.

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we're going to get spanked, can we at least get spanked trying something new (guy or plays). It's nice to have guys open and running wind sprints all game, but if your guy can't process and deliver the ball... Practice apparently isn't translating with this player, coach. We're back to 3 different jekyl&hyde teams again as we close out.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jacob guy has been here for 4 years as a walk on and continuously jumped on the depth chart. Being tall doesn't make you a good qb. There's obviously a reason he isn't playing.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I got three pages into this thread and had to stop. Good Lord. :facepalm:

1) @ t-gator: A reporter DID have the balls to ask Mac if he would consider changing quarterbacks and he immediately responded no. Harris needs to get better, Mac said, and so do the people around him. I happen to agree. We couldn't react to the blitz to save our life last night, and it's not as if we couldn't see it coming.

2) This notion that Harris is too short. Lol, on one of his throws last night, the ball went straight into the FSU lineman's shoulder pads. Uh, let's do the math. Therefore, Harris must be at least two feet too short and we should immediately begin recruiting passers off the basketball team. No, that's not the issue; it's his being inaccurate and unable to get comfortable in the pocket. HE DOES NOT FIT THIS OFFENSE.

3) Changing horses the week before the SECCG. Oh, that makes perfect sense. Let's install the wishbone while we're at it. We've got time, right? Sorry, we're stuck with what we got for now.

Chill out, people. Mac came to the track to race and was handed the keys to a '92 Corolla. Give him a couple recruiting cycles to build a Ferrari. We're gonna be fine.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I got three pages into this thread and had to stop. Good Lord. :facepalm:

1) @ t-gator: A reporter DID have the balls to ask Mac if he would consider changing quarterbacks and he immediately responded no. Harris needs to get better, Mac said, and so do the people around him. I happen to agree. We couldn't react to the blitz to save our life last night, and it's not as if we couldn't see it coming.

2) This notion that Harris is too short. Lol, on one of his throws last night, the ball went straight into the FSU lineman's shoulder pads. Uh, let's do the math. Therefore, Harris must be at least two feet too short and we should immediately begin recruiting passers off the basketball team. No, that's not the issue; it's his being inaccurate and unable to get comfortable in the pocket. HE DOES NOT FIT THIS OFFENSE.

3) Changing horses the week before the SECCG. Oh, that makes perfect sense. Let's install the wishbone while we're at it. We've got time, right? Sorry, we're stuck with what we got for now.

Chill out, people. Mac came to the track to race and was handed the keys to a '92 Corolla. Give him a couple recruiting cycles to build a Ferrari. We're gonna be fine.

Agreed. We most likely end up 10-4 as a season record but that's better than I ever thought.

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's install the wishbone while we're at it. We've got time, right? Sorry, we're stuck with what we got for now.
To be fair, Crete's answer is always to install the wishbone so at least he is being consistent.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Im not happy about the QB situation but I am happy about winning 10 games and I have all the confidence that once we get some players in here we will contend on a yearly basis.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, everyone take a deep breath. In......out......

Mac wasn't dealt a good hand this year, we all knew it. No OL, and Grier getting suspended was the nail in the coffin of any real chance we had, and that's something you can't pin on Mac. Calling for his firing at this point is lunacy. NO college coach gets judged on his first year, even if they lose every game - and we won 10 of them. Obviously he isn't getting fired, so continuing to float the idea out there is only going to create a lot of useless drama and name calling. It's a waste of bandwidth.

As far as Treon, it's probably just a combination of disastrous QB's behind him combined with a loyalty that Mac feels he needs to show. Maybe he feels benching him will upset the team, who knows?

I still feel the program is headed in the right direction.

Couldn't have said it any better. One thing Mac is doing and has been doing is healing a once broken and divided program. Watching in person TH last night I agree with most on his performance, terrible. Mac didn't have a problem going with Grier over Harris earlier this year. It just also tells me the backup options are even worse. We are headed in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Franks doesn't look ready to me either. He needs to work on his footwork. Until that gets settled he won't see the field. Del Rio WILL be the day one starter next year. I don't know if he will be any good. However, he is already better than Treon.
He's got a major hard on for treon. Hell probably make treon and del rio fight for the qb spot for about 4 games while the offense sputters.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Way too early to make a call on Coach Mac. We are winning on defense. The offense is garbage. Hold off on the lifetime contract for now. The east is a dumpster fire and it shows.

Next week is going to be ugly.
This

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's got a major hard on for treon. Hell probably make treon and del rio fight for the qb spot for about 4 games while the offense sputters.

A major hard on? Well, yeah, if you had been in an isolation cell for a year and they brought in skank to test your libido, maybe that would work.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Y'all can hate on Mac all you want but the simple fact of the matter is that we have no quarterback and no kicker. The two guys occupying those spots on our roster are literally the worst I have ever seen in my life, and frankly it is a miracle that we are where we are right now. When we get some decent personnel at those positions and a little more seasoning up front on the line we are going to be tons better.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
I don t post enough to start the Bama Week thread, but let me start with a guess,, Bama, 56, Gators 0. We ll be set up nicely for the Citrus bowl, NOT.
Bayergator

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is the coach of the team and sees Treon and the others at practice for a year now. Grier was his guy but effed up so he has to go with option #2. Treon still helped the team to an improbable 10-2 record....he's just not good. Mac is stuck and is recruiting his balls off.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Cracks me up that 2 weeks ago almost everyone here was gun ho and now the sky is falling. No wonder coaches have throat problems. I would have loved to watch anyone here take this group to a 10 win season......how soon we forget...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac will get us back. He got us to 10-2 with a make shift offensive line and only one good receiver who is a true freshman. It is just going to take time. That said... it is not fun to watch this team. I don't mind watching my team lose. The LSU game was a competitive fun game and I can handle losing like that, but games like last night are miserable to watch. The lack of execution on offense is embarassing. I still think Mac is using Treon wrong. Treon is not a pocket passer. You need to run some zone reads and let him use his legs. That will keep the defense honest with the overall running game. Mac should be able to adjust his offense to fit the players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator