Something I've Found Interesting

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I am not sure how good or bad Franks actually is. He is a freshman; a redshirt, yes, but Mac did nothing to develop him last year. I advocated giving him playing time last year to help bring him along, but many others on this board said no no no, don't burn his redshirt. There is no substitution for experience in playing qb at this level, but Felipe came into this season with zero game experience thanks to the geniuses on our coaching staff. So please, don't pile on Felipe He was put in a no-win situation by Butters and Nuss.

Our competitors have real freshmen playing, and I don't buy this I have to play in a game to improve.

First the receivers must run their assigned routes, and options correctly. You can practice this as much as you want. Then the QB has to evaluate the defense and find the open man in real time. Third deliver the ball.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine Franks with proper coaching. The kid is doing the best he can with little if any help from the coaching staff that recruited him.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, harmony is not a word I think of regarding the Gators. This decade of sputtering around has not been festive.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am not sure how good or bad Franks actually is. He is a freshman; a redshirt, yes, but Mac did nothing to develop him last year. I advocated giving him playing time last year to help bring him along, but many others on this board said no no no, don't burn his redshirt. There is no substitution for experience in playing qb at this level, but Felipe came into this season with zero game experience thanks to the geniuses on our coaching staff. So please, don't pile on Felipe He was put in a no-win situation by Butters and Nuss.

Not playing didn't seem to hurt Grossman, Wuerfell, Manzel, Winston, etc... I don't think ingame experience as a true freshman hurt him as much as you let on.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

I agree with this, I agree with the other commenter that experience before this season may not be as much of a factor as the coaching side.

Imagine Franks with proper coaching. The kid is doing the best he can with little if any help from the coaching staff that recruited him.

Agreed

Not playing didn't seem to hurt Grossman, Wuerfell, Manzel, Winston, etc... I don't think ingame experience as a true freshman hurt him as much as you let on.

YRZLkFC.gif

Jokes aside, Yes.

Also, for everyone who has kept this thread alive for a few days, thank you. I thought I may get killed for this. I also have heard from sources that UF workers cannot say anything against the Coaching staff or there are repercussions and wanted to call out some BS

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Also, for everyone who has kept this thread alive for a few days, thank you. I thought I may get killed for this. I also have heard from sources that UF workers cannot say anything against the Coaching staff or there are repercussions and wanted to call out some BS

Maybe not publically on a message board, but I have both family and friends who have been quite vocal for sometime that work for UF and the athletic department.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Maybe not publically on a message board, but I have both family and friends who have been quite vocal for sometime that work for UF and the athletic department.

I'm more talking about reporters. I've heard of reporters asking Champ, for example, a non-softball question and then not being called on to ask a question the rest of the year (I have been asked to keep this source anonymous). Also, the fact Shane Matthews isn't gone after he's blasted coaching on the radio recently is a miracle. Again, I'm not talking a message board with anonymous names, I'm talking reporters almost being coerced into pushing the company line. I will say that I have been pleasantly shocked that some reporters from GC and even Will Miles (The Bowl may fire him when he gets back from Cali) of SEC Country who have press passes that have called out Nuss. Independent guys like Neil at IAKOW, I'm not shocked, but the guys who have press passes and/or on UF Radio are the one's I do get shocked by. Of course, that tells me how bad it is.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm more talking about reporters. I've heard of reporters asking Champ, for example, a non-softball question and then not being called on to ask a question the rest of the year (I have been asked to keep this source anonymous). Also, the fact Shane Matthews isn't gone after he's blasted coaching on the radio recently is a miracle. Again, I'm not talking a message board with anonymous names, I'm talking reporters almost being coerced into pushing the company line. I will say that I have been pleasantly shocked that some reporters from GC and even Will Miles (The Bowl may fire him when he gets back from Cali) of SEC Country who have press passes that have called out Nuss. Independent guys like Neil at IAKOW, I'm not shocked, but the guys who have press passes and/or on UF Radio are the one's I do get shocked by. Of course, that tells me how bad it is.

There has been noise in the building even before the season started, and the media outlets are letting the people know by being more vocal about it. You saw a similar situation with Muschamp.... the noise started when he was losing the building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator