Something Wicked This Way Comes...

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Always will remember that time. I'm assuming the tribute still stands at the wall on 34th?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everytime I visit Gainesville, I drive by the tribute on 34th street. I still remember what it was like to walk around campus and Gainesville as a whole during that time.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, it is still there. The palm trees in the median of 34th in front of the wall each carry a name of a victim.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n12616 said:
Everytime I visit Gainesville, I drive by the tribute on 34th street. I still remember what it was like to walk around campus and Gainesville as a whole during that time.
Yeah, it was a rough time. My then girlfriend, now wife, slept at Ma Jabber's house because things were getting a little too close to our apartment.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was 17 and remember my parents not letting me go to G-ville because of this. My heart still goes out to the families of the victims.
I worked for the company the handled the food service at the corrections facilities from late 2002 to early 2005. Most of that time was at UCI & FSP. I supervised the feeding of him a lot of meals.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave said:
TheDouglas78;n12616 said:
Yeah, it was a rough time. My then girlfriend, now wife, slept at Ma Jabber's house because things were getting a little too close to our apartment.
Two of my friends managed apartments at In the Pines. We called to check on them and to tell them to get out of town, but the girls wouldn't leave. We drove up to drag them out, but they still wouldn't budge. Ended up staying with them the week.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
playzwtrux;n13228 said:
I was 17 and remember my parents not letting me go to G-ville because of this. My heart still goes out to the families of the victims.
I worked for the company the handled the food service at the corrections facilities from late 2002 to early 2005. Most of that time was at UCI & FSP. I supervised the feeding of him a lot of meals.
I hope you peed in it.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I went to American High School with Tracy and Manny and I took a computer class with both of them. They were seniors when I was in my freshman year. Tracy was the homecoming queen that year. She was gorgeous. The Paules family lived in Palm Springs North, where I grew up. I know Tommy Carroll, although it has been years since I've seen him. I believe he's still in contact with my cousins who also grew up in PSN. I never knew until reading this blog that he was the one pounding on their apartment door while Rolling was still inside. That's chilling.

What a nightmare that entire situation was. That guy was truly evil. My mother dealt with him at the Marion County Jail where she worked when he was initially arrested for the Winn Dixie robbery. If I remember correctly, she also took hair and blood samples from him while he was in Marion County because she's an RN and she worked for the state in that capacity. She said he was a true lunatic -- very outlandish.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There was another villain involved in all this...Sondra London. She "fell in love" with the psycho while he was in prison, they actually got engaged, she then wrote a book where he confesses to the Gainesville murders as well as several other rapes and murders. She profited from this (although the State was able to put a lien on the profits and eventually recovered some $16K to split amongst the victims' families). I believe there is a special place in Hell reserved for her too.

Alex.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator said:
There was another villain involved in all this...Sondra London. She "fell in love" with the psycho while he was in prison, they actually got engaged, she then wrote a book where he confesses to the Gainesville murders as well as several other rapes and murders. She profited from this (although the State was able to put a lien on the profits and eventually recovered some $16K to split amongst the victims' families). I believe there is a special place in Hell reserved for her too.

Alex.
Rolling had been active in Lousiana before moving/fleeing to Florida. He had London speak his words for him during interviews with investigators and admonished publicly and in writing the press and others for besmirching her reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb