Sonic boom. Bomb, Earth quake 1 AM Orlando

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Something went off tonight. Sounded like a really low sonic boom over my house. I thought tree fell on it. My kids texted friends miles away and the felt the same thing.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did you have a permit and which county did you land in?

I was fishing. I didnt think to file a permit.

200.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Growing up in the mountains in Virginia, we used to have flyovers all the time from jets practicing terrain maneuvers. One time when I was about 11 or 12, I'm guessing a plane broke the sound barrier and there was a sonic boom over our house in the middle of the afternoon. I swear everything in the house lifted off the ground and slammed back down. Scared me half to death, and I don't think we saw the cat for days.

The 5.9 earthquake in 2011 was terrifying, as well. We only lived about 40 miles from the epicenter. I was downstairs in our split level house when it started. Initially thought the roaring was a gust of wind until the entire house started swaying back and forth and dishes started breaking upstairs. I think I was up the stairs and out the door in about 3 seconds flat, just in time to sh*t myself in the driveway. :lol:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Growing up in the mountains in Virginia, we used to have flyovers all the time from jets practicing terrain maneuvers. One time when I was about 11 or 12, I'm guessing a plane broke the sound barrier and there was a sonic boom over our house in the middle of the afternoon. I swear everything in the house lifted off the ground and slammed back down. Scared me half to death, and I don't think we saw the cat for days.

The 5.9 earthquake in 2011 was terrifying, as well. We only lived about 40 miles from the epicenter. I was downstairs in our split level house when it started. Initially thought the roaring was a gust of wind until the entire house started swaying back and forth and dishes started breaking upstairs. I think I was up the stairs and out the door in about 3 seconds flat, just in time to sh*t myself in the driveway. :lol:

I remember that one too (2011)... I was in a meeting in an office building directly across from the Dulles airport.
Sounded weird - like a bunch of pallet jacks running down the hallway outside of the room.
We first thought a plane had gone down across the highway but we quickly found out otherwise.
They felt that quake all the way up into Manhattan.
The Washington Monument took a hit and was closed for quite a while for repairs.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm over on Cocoa Beach vacationing. I heard it. Sounded like a bomb and I instinctively thought sonic boom.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I had a sonic blast last night. Sonic boom still to come.

DCab

Mar 18, 2016

Hey Captain. What part of the mountains in VA did you grow up? I grew up in Bristol VA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.