Soooo...what about the receivers?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n73758 said:
Admit, you have pictures of Taylor taped to your ceiling so you can look at him while laying in bed.

:lmao:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm assuming Grier will get PT soon. They can say all they want they haven't made a back-up decision....but you can't try and fool people by saying that and then turn around and say you are burning his redshirt. You don't burn it unless you plan to play him. Maybe that will make a difference.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
jaywalker72;73756 said:
The heck you say. The correct answer is nobody is to blame, nothing is wrong, this is all for fun and what's wrong with you. Now sit down, shut up and renew for next year.
:D

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
williston_gator;n73763 said:
I'm assuming Grier will get PT soon. They can say all they want they haven't made a back-up decision....but you can't try and fool people by saying that and then turn around and say you are burning his redshirt. You don't burn it unless you plan to play him. Maybe that will make a difference.
I stand by my prediction that he sees the field this Saturday.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
People trying to deflect from Driskel's horrid play- no telling what they have of him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n73763 said:

he doesn't burn the redshirt until he steps on the field in an actual game, so it isn't burned yet.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp said that he thinks it is probable that Grier will not redshirt anymore.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n73778 said:
Muschamp said that he thinks it is probable that Grier will not redshirt anymore.

That may be correct, however, Douglas is correct that he maintains eligibility to redshirt right up until the time he is on the field for 1 snap.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Winston is still the best quarterback in college football. Benjamin did not "bail" him out. He's the most accurate passer out there. He's not perfect, but the ball goes exactly where he wants it to go the vast majority of time with the right amount of speed for the occasion. . I think you've seen a drop off due to the receivers and him not yet being on the same page, except for Greene. Winston throws to a spot, he expects his receivers to be there, it hasn't happened yet this year. I think that will change with a former gator commit, Lane, and the rumored "big flip" to Florida, Rudolph becoming more in synch with Winston. Mariota gets excused for his poor offensive line, yet Winston hasn't had good protection going back to the National Championship game, but he still figures out a way to win. No, you're dreaming if you think that any receiver "bails" out the game's most accurate passer. His throws are dictated by who he's throwing to. For example, the same play, an inside slant, that as the winning TD in the National Championship game was run last week against Wake, but Winston didn't throw it high, he threw it where Greene could catch it, not Benjamin. If you don't realize that Winston is still the best player in college football, I don't think you are being objective. Mariota? He chokes at home against a 24 point underdog and hasn't even won a division title in his career. Gurley? He's a great player, he's not as dominant a player as Winston, or Georgia wouldn't have lost against South Carolina. No, with the game on the line, there is no one to compare with Winston, he never fails to rise to the occasion. He did 'driskel' against N.C. State late in the game, but made up for it on the next drive.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n73782 said:
Winston is still the best quarterback in college football. Benjamin did not "bail" him out. He's the most accurate passer out there. He's not perfect, but the ball goes exactly where he wants it to go the vast majority of time with the right amount of speed for the occasion. . I think you've seen a drop off due to the receivers and him not yet being on the same page, except for Greene. Winston throws to a spot, he expects his receivers to be there, it hasn't happened yet this year. I think that will change with a former gator commit, Lane, and the rumored "big flip" to Florida, Rudolph becoming more in synch with Winston. Mariota gets excused for his poor offensive line, yet Winston hasn't had good protection going back to the National Championship game, but he still figures out a way to win. No, you're dreaming if you think that any receiver "bails" out the game's most accurate passer. His throws are dictated by who he's throwing to. For example, the same play, an inside slant, that as the winning TD in the National Championship game was run last week against Wake, but Winston didn't throw it high, he threw it where Greene could catch it, not Benjamin. If you don't realize that Winston is still the best player in college football, I don't think you are being objective. Mariota? He chokes at home against a 24 point underdog and hasn't even won a division title in his career. Gurley? He's a great player, he's not as dominant a player as Winston, or Georgia wouldn't have lost against South Carolina. No, with the game on the line, there is no one to compare with Winston, he never fails to rise to the occasion. He did 'driskel' against N.C. State late in the game, but made up for it on the next drive.
Start another thread if you want to swing from Winston's nuts, troll.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n73782 said:

:nole:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n73774 said:
As long as he doesn't take the field similar to Staver (spelling) last year, his red shirt is still intact.

Oh yeah, of course. I meant he (Muschamp) intends to burn it.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n73825 said:
Oh yeah, of course. I meant he (Muschamp) intends to burn it.

If what Harris' attorney just released is remotely true, I'd consider holding off on that, short of absolute need. In other words, I'd delay it for the time being, if it can be helped.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Worton will replace Pittman this Saturday. That would help cut the dropped passes by 50%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator