Sorry...another non-football sport doing well

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Dayum...Look at all the ranked teams the #1 Women's Tennis program has been whoopin' up on the past couple of weeks.
Gonna drop this little nugget right here for you as well:
"The Gators rose to the challenge and captured the hard-fought 4-1 victory against the Cardinal and extended their home win streak to 162 consecutive wins. It is the nation's longest active home win streak of any NCAA Division I team in any sport."

tennis.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll sure be glad when football returns to form. Until then it's nice know so many of our other sports are kicking ass and taking names.
Go Gators!
:chomp:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
162 game home winning streak. Pretty amazing.

The nice thing about playing on your home court is that you know where all the rough spots are.

tennis-court.jpg

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
162 game home winning streak. Pretty amazing.

The nice thing about playing on your home court is that you know where all the rough spots are.

tennis-court.jpg

Thanks Fooley! He wouldn't even buy them new nets.
:wobble:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This is a great run and I am not demeaning it or the tennis teams', but it will truly matter when the tennis teams' begin paying the freight. Unless something has changed, to my knowledge, football pays the freight and sadly the product on the field sux a$$ compared to the tennis team. Thank you to my screen name we are stuck with :butters:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
This is a great run and I am not demeaning it or the tennis teams', but it will truly matter when the tennis teams' begin paying the freight. Unless something has changed, to my knowledge, football pays the freight and sadly the product on the field sux a$$ compared to the tennis team. Thank you to my screen name we are stuck with :butters:

I gave you a dislike not because you are wrong, but because there is no reason to bring negativity into this thread. There are plenty of football threads to piss and moan in. All that is needed here is a "Go Gators!"

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
This is a great run and I am not demeaning it or the tennis teams', but it will truly matter when the tennis teams' begin paying the freight. Unless something has changed, to my knowledge, football pays the freight and sadly the product on the field sux a$$ compared to the tennis

How about letting us know when football wins an SEC championship, much less sniffs a NC. These sports may not bring in the money football does, but they are achieving more on a helluva lot smaller budget.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How is our lawn dart team doing?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Yeah...I didn't think it would take long for this one to get off the rails.

And I doubt you'll ever see Gymnastics, Tennis, Swimming or Lacrosse bring in the massive revenue that football does.
How could they given the nature of the sport and the size of the venues?

All they can do is do the best with what they are and what they have to work with and represent UF the best way they can.

All these "minor" sports have helped us finish in the top 10 of the NACDA's Director Cup ever year since 1993.
And if we added a bunch of other minor sports like wrestling, rowing, etc we'd probably win the thing and knock the Cardinal out of the top spot.

But as it stands - I'm very proud of the Gators who are out dominating the "other" category of UF sports.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You never have to apologize for any UF sport doing well even if it was tongue in cheek. Anyone that is a true fan is always happy to see any of our kids succeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb