Sorry Urbs

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've got no use for the guy, but no animus toward his family. As for those two crystal trophies? Mixed feelings. They came at an enormous cost, a decade or more of failure, and left us with a tremendous taint of a lawless program filled with people I'm ashamed to call Gators. For decades, I knew, I absolutely knew, that the people Bowden was recruiting were the worst of the worst and that they just went downhill from there when they hit Tallahassee. I knew, I absolutely knew, that Schnellenberger, Johnson, and everybody else who followed them were paying big money for those pro teams in Miami, and that most of those players were scumbags with the morals of a mafioso don's psychopathic son. But none of them had Hernandez, or any of the rest of that "the rules don't apply to me because I'm a star" cast of villains, large and small. For the rest of my days, that's a taint that will follow our program, a program Steve Spurrier built up over years and Meyer destroyed in just two.

I can't help but wonder how many lives he destroyed, how many mothers sent their children to his care, to see them ruined.

I won't say I look forward to his passing, but I will say I won't mourn it when it happens.

Gator fans love bringing up Hernandez but I hardly ever hear opposing fans using him a lot when talking about the Gators having a lawless program those years (they mostly link it with New England and the NE haters take shots at Belichick over it) and they mostly just bring up the arrest numbers of the Gator players when they actually were in school but much more than that they revel in our lack of success on the field now and ignore their current player arrests because they are winning.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Gator fans love bringing up Hernandez but I hardly ever hear opposing fans using him a lot when talking about the Gators having a lawless program those years (they mostly link it with New England and the NE haters take shots at Belichick over it) and they mostly just bring up the arrest numbers of the Gator players when they actually were in school but much more than that they revel in our lack of success on the field now and ignore their current player arrests because they are winning.

I work with one bitch ass auburn fan that always links Hernandez to us and not to the patriots. Even though he was murdering people while with the patriots. Because of that still unsolved shooting in Gainesville while he was here, but never got charged with. He's convinced we covered it up and we should have to forfeit a championship over it. He's just bitter because everyone knows they got away with cheating when they got Cam and there should be an asterisk next to their championship. I told him we would have won our title without Hernandez, but they would have been a 7 win team without Cam, that shut him up.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
You guys sound like a bunch of Tenn fans crying about Lane Kiffen. Except Lane didn't win 2 natty's, 2 sec championships, coach a heisman winner, coach 3 of their best teams in school history, was the best coach in school history and top 10 maybe top 5 coach of all time in all of college football. So what he *****ed up and left and coached a couple felons, he won. He's like that really hot girlfriend most of you never had, it was good while it lasted.
As far as the program being in the shape it is in today because of him, that's a fcking joke. You think Notre Dame wouldn't swap 2005 with us? What would our resume look like today if we had hired fat Charlie and they got Urban? The only reason our football program is still almost relevant today is solely on what Urban did from 06 to 09. Jeremy Foley is the one who wants UF to be more like Stanford and win the Directors Cup instead of Bama and win National Championships.
And double fck you guys for making me agree with the PE coach on something.:)

Don't agree he's the best coach in school history. Spurrier is still our best football coach ever and Meyer is a close second. Although Urban has 2 natty titles to Spurriers 1, he came at a time when Fsu was going thru mediocrity and greatly benefited in recruiting from it. Spurrier had to deal with Fsu thru it's greatest run in their programs history. Let Spurrier play a mediocre Fsu every year and I guarantee you he's playing for more natty championships and winning a few more.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Don't agree he's the best coach in school history. Spurrier is still our best football coach ever and Meyer is a close second. Although Urban has 2 natty titles to Spurriers 1, he came at a time when Fsu was going thru mediocrity and greatly benefited in recruiting from it. Spurrier had to deal with Fsu thru it's greatest run in their programs history. Let Spurrier play a mediocre Fsu every year and I guarantee you he's playing for more natty championships and winning a few more.

^THIS. Damn straight, brother!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let it go. We do this b/c you get pissed. You're this easy. Of course we want to be back on top. But Urbs bailed for BS reasons. Some of us are still pissed off about that b/c he's a BS artist. It is what it is. But thanks for banning me from the box. Very mature.
why would Ox ban your box? what a loser

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"Hi. Is this the Meyer residence?"

papa_johns_ad.jpg

Jun 2, 2015
I am still carrying a grudge against OSU/Urban from our loss in the desert a few years ago; thus, I feel karma bit them in the posterior by being shut out in the desert. Enjoyed every minute of it. I am just surprised Urban hasn't experienced either esophageal spasms or chest pains, although he may just subsequently skip town.

Good luck in your game tomorrow.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This thread will die, b/c Ox hates any negativity towards his savior..but that was awesome!
I don't know who bleeds in his panties more after an OSO loss, Ox or Creyer. Hell, Ox take's Creyer losses worse than Gator losses.

That was an interesting little tantrum.

OSU seems concerned that the OL coach who got promoted to OC might not be up to the job and that the skill sets of their players don't seem to produce much offense.

Sounds familiar.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know who bleeds in his panties more after an OSO loss, Ox or Creyer. Hell, Ox take's Creyer losses worse than Gator losses.

That was an interesting little tantrum.
Guess you don't learn. Looks like you won't be with us for the game today after all.

:bananawave:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to say this for the last time. I couldn't care less if OSU lost 50 games in a row. I only care about Meyer in reference to his Gator accomplishments.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to say this for the last time. I couldn't care less if OSU lost 50 games in a row. I only care about Meyer in reference to his Gator accomplishments.
What about his accomplishment of knocking down the first set of dominos that destroyed Florida football?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
OTNINPXNRTICNFM.20090831210114.jpg
I got your dominoes right here and they are still standing..............2/3 because of him
Yeah and I'm sure the people who built that double decker freeway in San Francisco thought it was a great accomplishment until an earthquake hit and it collapsed.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
His team is young, they missed two FGs to get shut out. They were outmatched in this game. Now I dislike what he did with our team, but our AD allowed him to do it. That was much worse than being cheap in my view. That said would you be happy to get into the championship and get beat over say playing in the Outback bowl and winning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.