SOS telling some great stories

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
YES, YES, YES

• On his relationship with Gators coach Jim McElwain: “We have an excellent relationship, I believe. I’ve tried to help him a little bit. Obviously I didn’t help much this year. But I’m going to get with coach (Doug) Nussmeier a little bit in spring ball. He’s the offensive coordinator and hopefully we can help this offense.”

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I could listen to either one all day long. SOS stories are the best. He asked why that great Jadyvon Clowney was not in the game. His def coach said "he lined up wrong on that last play" SOS said "I DONT care where he lines up I want him in there"

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
  • Spurrier likens Tebow to Danny Wuerffel in that Wuerffel didn’t always look good in practice but rise to the occasion in games. “I remember coming home one day and I told my wife, ‘I feel funny correcting Danny in practice’ because he sort of pushed the ball. I was always trying to tell him, ‘Danny, rotate your shoulders and get a little zip on the ball.’ My wife said, ‘If I were you I’d quit worrying about Danny Wuerffel. He throws for about 350 yards every game and 4 touchdowns.’ I said, ‘I think you’re right.'”
Tells you how bad the staff effed upTebow's last year. Should have left his throwing motion alone.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
As always with SOS, thoroughly entertaining. Love me some HBC stories. That one about tradition is one of my faves.

Yep. There were a bunch of new stories that I never heard before. The HBC is pure entertainment!

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, those were the days. Damn, the Spurrier era was even more fun than the Meyer years.

Damn, we'll never have a coach like Spurrier again and damn, we better get used to that idea, because I don't believe we have yet. It wasn't just the winning, it was how we did it.

EDIT: Not saying UF does not deserve a great coach. Just that Spurrier was one of a kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.