SOURCE: Brad Lawing not being retained

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not completely unexpected.

New Coach wants his guys on the sideline.

Any word on the replacement?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If they get rid off him, hopefully they are getting sunseri from fsu. I'm sure it hurts our chances with cowart and cece. But it's better for the d coordinator to be on the same page with the d line coach. Gotta wonder if lawing wanted to leave.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach seems to be disinfecting the place of those not on board, up to the task or first impression. Go Head Coach.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
t-gator;138430 said:
If they get rid off him, hopefully they are getting sunseri from fsu. I'm sure it hurts our chances with cowart and cece. But it's better for the d coordinator to be on the same page with the d line coach. Gotta wonder if lawing wanted to leave.
Wasn't Sunseri a LB coach?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't I read someone on here say Lawing was leaving anyway due to personal reasons?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n138446 said:
Wasn't Sunseri a LB coach?
He's coaching defensive ends at fsu. But he was a LB coach primarily. I didn't realize that.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I can't say I'd be heart broken to lose him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n138457 said:
Ahhh, "sources" lol.
Don't you think if me or someone else was going to make something up we'd come up with something a hell of a lot juicier than this?

Personally I hate Twitter and wish it was banned from the lives of all humans. I don't know how you do it.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n138469 said:
Don't you think if me or someone else was going to make something up we'd come up with something a hell of a lot juicier than this?

Personally I hate Twitter and wish it was banned from the lives of all humans. I don't know how you do it.

Wasn't directed at you specifically.... I can see how it looks that way though. Not saying you're making it up either, but like we all know anyone can be a source and any source can say anything true or not. I'm ready for staff to be set already. I can chill on the tweets if you want.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n138472 said:
Wasn't directed at you specifically.... I can see how it looks that way though. Not saying you're making it up either, but lime we all know anyone can be a source and any source can say anything true or not. I'm ready for staff to be set already. I can chill on the tweets if you want.
It's true sources can say anything. People tell me things, I share them.

Even though I may hate it, Twitter is part of our lives. Keep doing what you're doing.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I hope this is incorrect, but u either get on board or u need to leave.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I remember in CJM's introductory presser where he had the obligatory praise for Muschamp and the existing staff, and I remember at one point he said it was a great staff, but made the statement something along the lines of "for whatever reason, they just haven't been able to put it all together." I remember going "hmmm" when I heard that, but didn't read much into it. Looking back, it appears he didn't believe the staff here had the right chemistry or whatever to get the job done and decided to clean house.

Personally, given the state of the program, I'm ok with getting rid of everybody and starting over completely. Its probably going to create even more pressure on him, though, because if the defense regresses a lot next year, people will be second guessing the dismissal of Durkin et. al.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n138473 said:
It's true sources can say anything. People tell me things, I share them.

Even though I may hate it, Twitter is part of our lives. Keep doing what you're doing.

Think Coach Mac's interviews should always have this quote : "It's gonna be a blast." --- for the recruits to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.