SOURCE: Brad Lawing not being retained

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
New head coach means new staff. Kinda hoped Lawing would stay...thought he did a pretty good job. Until further notice...In Mac we trust...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like Lawing but it's not like we were terrorizing QBs with our D line over the last couple years.

He's been coaching forever and gets Clowney and is supposedly the best in the business.

Summers is the most critical to keep IMO. Our OL showed VAST improvement over last year with him at the helm.

TR isn't critical from a coaching standpoint. But he definitely is from a recruiting angle.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Why would anyone want an FSU coach? I thought they only win because of luck and an easy schedule?

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
ntcrze;n138591 said:
Why would anyone want an FSU coach? I thought they only win because of luck and an easy schedule?

So someone tell me how York and coach9 gets a ban but this clown is still here?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n138592 said:
So someone tell me how York and coach9 gets a ban but this clown is still here?

couch9 could come back, it's his choice now.

york, who cares!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not surprised by this move. Always thought with Lawing it was more that he coached Clowney hype than anything.

Dork got a ban again?? WooHoo! Hope its long enough and he can come back as soon as Peyton chokes in another playoff game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dork isn't banned. He can post at any time.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Lawing did a good job, and recruits really like him. His absence could hurt this class. I consider this a surprise move, but if Mac is going to let Lawing go, then I assume that he has someone really good in mind to take his place.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
ntcrze;n138591 said:

Apparently Mac thinks the guy is teachable. Only explanation I can think of. We would also need to make sure the guy took several showers.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
williston_gator;n138472 said:
Wasn't directed at you specifically.... I can see how it looks that way though. Not saying you're making it up either, but like we all know anyone can be a source and any source can say anything true or not. I'm ready for staff to be set already. I can chill on the tweets if you want.

Please do not stop your twitter posts. When stuff gets rolling it's a good channel to have in terms of rapid fire information.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorFin;138757 said:
Please do not stop your twitter posts. When stuff gets rolling it's a good channel to have in terms of rapid fire information.
Agree.

As far as the rumor, I'm not sure I care one way or the other. I have to believe Mac will bring in someone that will excite recruits and create a force on the front lines we've missed in a while.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can't say that I'm thrilled by this, if it happens. But I'll reserve judgement until I see who the new DL is. If it's Lawing in the end, I'd be happy with that.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n138802 said:
Can't say that I'm thrilled by this, if it happens. But I'll reserve judgement until I see who the new DL is. If it's Lawing in the end, I'd be happy with that.

I thought you didn't like anything law related?

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This guy might not be a bad choice http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...on_838710.html . He was named defensive line coach of the year in 2013 by Football Scoop (for what little that's worth), he is billed as a great recruiter, and would give us someone on the staff who has ties in North Carolina, Virginia, and also in Big 10 country; for the top recruits that we may occasionally go after in those areas. Don't know if there are any ties with him and Collins or Coach Mac which seems to be a priority, which I can understand.

If he is looking for a top notch recruiter with ties in the south Kiffin might fit the bill, but has no previous ties with the staff that I'm aware of. http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kiffin_chris00.html

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n138803 said:
I thought you didn't like anything law related?

I don't care for Law, not a big fan of Lawyers, I do not like THE Law, but Lawing is okay. Capiche?

Attachments

• conv_1574.gif
    conv_1574.gif
    259.4 KB · Views: 41

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I_Fought_the_Law_by_norealityallowed.png

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My sources are saying that other than T-Rob, everyone else is hitting the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.