SOURCE: Hugh Freeze is top coaching target Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Gator Fever;n119500 said:
Coaches have big egos usually and want to win championships. That below should be enough to make up his mind if he is interested in championships.

"Ole Miss hasn’t won the SEC since 1963 and hasn’t appeared in a conference title game since the league started it in 1992. Mississippi State has just one conference title in its history, from 1941, and one trip to Atlanta in 1998."

That's a good point. I just don't think it's that simple. Read his Twitter feed. His life is about something bigger than winning SEC championships.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n119533 said:
We could give Freeze a redshirt year next year while someone else coaches the team, then let him start coaching for real in 2016.

Could he get the medical hardship that Blockhead says is required? :dunno:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n119533 said:
We could give Freeze a redshirt year next year while someone else coaches the team, then let him start coaching for real in 2016.

IMO Freeze needs about 3 or 4 redshirt years before he's ready to coach at UF. Are you one of the new "Freeze Pumpers" also ?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n119538 said:
Could he get the medical hardship that Blockhead says is required? :dunno:

Speaking of medical, I see you haven't had your cranial enema yet....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n119549 said:
Speaking of medical, I see you haven't had your cranial enema yet....

Weak...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n119514 said:
Your boy Bilema doesn't meet that criteria. Do you have a clue what you're talking about?

Wow, sorry I missed this one. Check facts and get back to me. Big Ten champion and multiple bowl victory's along with 9 or 10 years experience...too lazy to look it up. BTW, out of courtesy for Ox please keep this on the Freeze topic....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n119556 said:
Wow, sorry I missed this one. Check facts and get back to me. Big Ten champion and multiple bowl victory's along with 9 or 10 years experience...too lazy to look it up. BTW, out of courtesy for Ox please keep this on the Freeze topic....

Sorry...I don't consider winning the Big as being any type of championship. It's more like being the tallest midget.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n119559 said:
Sorry...I don't consider winning the Big as being any type of championship. It's more like being the tallest midget.

So I'll help you keep on topic by asking how many championships of any kind does Freeze have ?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n119403 said:
I have no doubt Ole Miss would match what we offer him. It will come down to going after championships or wanting to remain in a familiar place.

Which is why I said what is better for him and his family. Archie Manning was the person who lead the search for a Head Coach for Mississippi in 2011, and according to the story personally picked Freeze. Archie word is money at Ole Miss. Freeze has to decide what is best for him, regardless of how we feel about the two programs. He is a Mississippi Man with a Mississippi Family. It all depends on how important it is to him. Money will not be a factor for either school.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n119462 said:
He got lucky. MS was just having an off day. BTW, who's basing something off one game now. My whole point is I want a coach with at least 8-10 years of HCing experience and some sort of championships.....guess what ? Freeze ain't got either. Oh, are you happy UF lost ?

J. Foley has never hired a coach like this in any sport ever. He looks for the coach that is "the next big thing", not the one that was a big thing before. Unless it is Stoops it will more of the same.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n119560 said:
So I'll help you keep on topic by asking how many championships of any kind does Freeze have ?

I'm not the one hung up on it blockhead.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
TheDouglas78;n119564 said:
Which is why I said what is better for him and his family. Archie Manning was the person who lead the search for a Head Coach for Mississippi in 2011, and according to the story personally picked Freeze. Archie word is money at Ole Miss. Freeze has to decide what is best for him, regardless of how we feel about the two programs. He is a Mississippi Man with a Mississippi Family. It all depends on how important it is to him. Money will not be a factor for either school.
Speaking of Archie, did you guys catch Vern saying during the MSU/OM game he was talking to Archie Manning about the rumors of re-signing Freeze's extension and Manning told Vern "we got our guy" suggesting they already got it done. I don't take much from that since we already know OM is offering him a raise and extension, but at least one OM insider sounds confident he will stay at OM.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Put this in the other thread.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: Hugh Freeze led #OleMiss to wins over Bama & MissSt this year and a source told me this AM #UF brass is very intrigued with him.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n119614 said:
I'm not the one hung up on it blockhead.

Then give some reason why Freeze is a UF worthy candidate besides the 3 mediocre years at OM. And please don't tell me that 9-3 is good. Hell Muschamp went 11-2 in his 2nd year going against the hardest schedule in the country.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n119642 said:
Then give some reason why Freeze is a UF worthy candidate besides the 3 mediocre years at OM. And please don't tell me that 9-3 is good. Hell Muschamp went 11-2 in his 2nd year going against the hardest schedule in the country.

lol - I guess we can go after the guy that has won 2 SEC games in 2 years rather than the one that took a team from no SEC wins the year before he got there to a winning SEC record this season and from 2-10 to 9-3.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n119653 said:
lol - I guess we can go after the guy that has won 2 SEC games in 2 years rather than the won that took a team from no SEC wins the year before he got there to a winning SEC record this season and from 2-10 to 9-3.

Much worse situation for the guy who has only won 2 games...10x worse. Only 2 years in. He will be battling Saban for the west next year just like he used to battle Michigan and OSU who had 10x the talent and facilities.

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n119657 said:
Much worse situation for the guy who has only won 2 games...10x worse. Only 2 years in. He will be battling Saban for the west next year just like he used to battle Michigan and OSU who had 10x the talent and facilities.

It's just the facts. :blahblah:

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n119664 said:
Did I miss any ? Oh yeah, he destroyed the guy who everyone wants here....my how the mighty have fallen.

"2 years in", that's the only truly factual statement from your previous post.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorStompin';n119666 said:
"2 years in", that's the only truly factual statement from your previous post.

And the part about winning championships against programs with 10X the recruiting power and facilities. Oh and about taking over a much worse situation....Now stay on topic or Ox will get upset...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator