SOURCE: Hugh Freeze is top coaching target Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
MJMGator;n120738 said:
Big games? :lol:

Pretty sure a Fiesta Bowl win counts as a big game.

Sorry, I forgot WSU and Colorado are bigger games.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n120708 said:
If he thought his home was a dump why wouldn't he leave
Fellas, if he really loved Ole Miss and wouldn't leave, the why the hell would they be giving him a huge raise? There's no reason to, he's not going anywhere, right?

It's about money, it always is.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n120737 said:
McElwain is nothing more than Brady Hoke.

Gundy has actually won a lot of big games, can you find a quality win under McElwain?

Does his offense at Alabama wiping the field with our D for three years in a row count for anything? :dunno:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Alagator;n120745 said:
Does his offense at Alabama wiping the field with our D for three years in a row count for anything? :dunno:

No.

Lane Kiffin kicked our defenses a** this year.

Would you want him as HC because of that logic?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n120742 said:
Fellas, if he really loved Ole Miss and wouldn't leave, the why the hell would they be giving him a huge raise? There's no reason to, he's not going anywhere, right?

Somehow I suspect we haven't heard the last of Freeze.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
chferg;n120737 said:
McElwain is nothing more than Brady Hoke.

Gundy has actually won a lot of big games, can you find a quality win under McElwain?

Not as a HC....More importantly we can't find a soon to be 6 game losing streak either....

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n120749 said:
No.

Lane Kiffin kicked our defenses a** this year.

Would you want him as HC because of that logic?

If Lane Kiffin hadn't already shown he was a failure at HC and a huge dick wad, then I think he would be worth looking into.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n120704 said:
This is horse ****. Mclwain won't last 3year's here.

You continue with this rampage, offer nothing of substance to back it up, and then either ignore or don't understand statistical data that's presented from the other side of the argument.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I mean, here's the Ole Miss brass falling over themselves to give Hugh Freeze a monster extension, including overpaying his assistants. Kind of strange behavior for a guy that just looooooves "home" and has his "dream job". Hell, they should cut his pay and save money since we know he would never leave that armpit he calls home.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n120742 said:

No. If it was then we would throw 6M at Briles. Doesn't matter he wouldn't come either. Thank god for that too. It's bad enough losing games 14-17, I would really pull my hair out losing them 55-70....Another reason some of these "high flying coaches won't come here is because their brand of football won't work here.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n120740 said:
Pretty sure a Fiesta Bowl win counts as a big game.

Sorry, I forgot WSU and Colorado are bigger games.
Games (plural) and lots of them? :lol:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n120756 said:
I mean, here's the Ole Miss brass falling over themselves to give Hugh Freeze a monster extension, including overpaying his assistants. Kind of strange behavior for a guy that just looooooves "home" and has his "dream job". Hell, they should cut his pay and save money since we know he would never leave that armpit he calls home.

The "home" reason could be used when the money is similar, but not when one team is offering way more than the home team.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n120758 said:
No. If it was then we would throw 6M at Briles. Doesn't matter he wouldn't come either. Thank god for that too. It's bad enough losing games 14-17, I would really pull my hair out losing them 55-70....Another reason some of these "high flying coaches won't come here is because their brand of football won't work here.
I see. So you don't want Briles or Freeze but have orgasms over Beilema? You need help.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n120762 said:
Yeah, still am waiting to hear from you on McElewain's "quality wins"

What big win did Meyer have before coming to UF?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n120742 said:

Well, he's not gonna turn down a raise. Whether he intends to leave or not, the threat of him leaving is enough to incentivize his administration to fatten his wallet. Ole Miss may be home, and he may never wanna leave, but he's also smart enough to play the game.

The way I see it it's one of the following:

1) It's all about the Benjamin's, as you suppose. Perhaps he gets UF and Ole Miss in a bidding war and then finally decides on the highest bidder.

2) it's about bringing pride and a winning pedigree to your home town and team... that's hard to beat...if that's his motivation.

3) Could be that it's about money and the opportunity to win big. If that's true, you gotta believe he'd take the UF job.

It all depends on his motivation. If it's a mixture of all the above, that's where making a decision gets complicated. I honestly believe it's a mixture of all the above for him.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n120762 said:
Yeah, still am waiting to hear from you on McElewain's "quality wins"
I would say none yet as a HC in only his 3 rd year. Still waiting on all those big games Gundy has won during his 9 year tenure...and so is Okie State.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
WobbleGator;n120764 said:
What big win did Meyer have before coming to UF?

Are you seriously comparing Urban and McElewain? Wobs, come on, even you aren't that dumb.

But for sh*** and gigs.

Urban

10-2 - Oregon and California.

12-0 - Texas A&M, Pittsburgh, and a Fiesta Bowl Win

McElewain

0 big wins, and hasn't won his conference.

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Eagles
Source: University Of Florida To Contact Chip Kelly Regarding Head Coaching Vacancy

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dfvR8

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — According to a source with direct knowledge of the situation, University of Florida Athletic Director Jeremy Foley will contact Eagles head coach Chip Kelly as early as Tuesday of this week to “kick the tires” on Kelly’s interest in returning to the college scene.
The source went on to say, “Foley does not plan to officially interview Kelly yet, but will simply gauge Kelly’s interest and make his first pitch.”
Kelly’s name has been brought up before with other college coaching vacancies, but this source actually had the AD ready for action with a timeline.
Florida’s head coaching spot officially opened up when Will Muschamp was let go, following the Gators’ 24-19 loss to Florida State on Saturday night. During his four years in Gainesville, Muschamp went 28-21 and just 10-13 over his last two seasons. Despite the school’s coaching vacancy being so fresh, the source said Foley’s interest in Kelly “goes as far back as August.”
A return to college for Kelly wouldn’t be the biggest surprise to some considering his success at Oregon and his odd departure from Eugene. Kelly was thought to be off the market after a lengthy nine hour interview with the Philadelphia Eagles on January 5th, 2013. Furthermore, afterwards Kelly told Oregon Big-Wig Phil Knight he was staying with the Ducks. However, ten days later, Kelly was surprisingly hired by the Eagles. And just ten days after that, the NCAA ended a 27-month investigation by punishing Oregon with sanctions for recruiting violations. This wavering from the usually assertive Kelly leads some to believe he was only trying to escape to the NFL for a short time.
In Kelly’s defense, he says he’s in the NFL to stay.
According to Kelly, he “burned the boats” when asked about a possible return to college at his introductory press conference with the Eagles in January of 2013. It was a reference to Spanish Conquistador Hernan Cortez, who burned his ships after arriving in the New World to let his men know there would be no going back to Spain. Conquer or die.
Would he go?
Well, why would a coach who has started his NFL career going 19-9, on the verge of winning his second division title in two years, want to rebuild his boats and even entertain the idea of going back to college? I don’t know. More money? Less taxing life-style? Better chance at long-term job security? Getting to be the God of a campus? Who knows.
As far as Philadelphia goes, let’s hope he’s stays put, at least, a little bit longer.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n120772 said:
Are you seriously comparing Urban and McElewain? Wobs, come on, even you aren't that dumb.

But for sh*** and gigs.

Urban

10-2 - Oregon and California.

12-0 - Texas A&M, Pittsburgh, and a Fiesta Bowl Win

McElewain

0 big wins, and hasn't won his conference.

Oregon, Cal, Texas A&M, and Pitt were not good wins. All of those teams were bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator