Status
Not open for further replies.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not a McElwain fan, but would take him quickly over these McDaniels rumors. McDaniels is a nut case.

tarjf

Gator Alum
Nov 8, 2014
Then again if Chip Kelly is even considering the UF gig then you have to wait...don't you?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n121014 said:
Chip Kelly? There's at least a decent chance that Kelly thinks coaching in the NFL sucks, even though he's been successful. We simply don't know.

The timing is interesting. The news this afternoon that Florida was planning to be in contact with his camp struck me as unusual. First of all, I never considered him a natural candidate. Yes, he's coached on the collegiate level extensively, but coming from an NFL team fighting for a divisional title, it smells like a demotion. But maybe there's more to this than we can see from the surface.

T

Thread Killer

Founding Member
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n117979 said:
What has Freeze done that others haven't done at Ole Miss? Cutcliffe won 10 games and a share of the SEC West title there. Has Freeze done that? People seem to want to pretend that Freeze has done things at Ole MIss that nobody else has ever done, and that's just not true.

Cutcliffe had a 10-game season when Eli Manning was there. In all his other years together at Ole Miss they were about .500

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n120979 said:
Foley needs to shoot Freeze a text and say these two words: 5 million.

You really think he's worth 5 Million per year? If so..why?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n121023]

The timing is interesting. The news this afternoon that Florida was planning to be in contact with his camp struck me as unusual. First of all, I never considered him a natural candidate. Yes, he's coached on the collegiate level extensively, but coming from an NFL team fighting for a divisional title, it smells like a demotion. But maybe there's more to this than we can see from the surface. [/QUOTE]

It's not a demotion when you can make more money. He's the only guy who could get Saban money, and more, and not bat an eye at it. I don't think anyone would think twice about throwing 8 Million per year, and he'd be worth every penny.
That said, I'm doubtful he comes here, but if Foley does contact him, I'm glad he's at least making the call and making Kelly say no. I'd rather get turned down than not ask at all. He's the one guy that's worth it.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n121039 said:
You really think he's worth 5 Million per year?

I think that's what it will take to get him and the price they need to pay to get a good coach from a small pool of decent options. But yes I think he would be worth that money at UF.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n121046 said:
I think that's what it will take to get him and the price they need to pay to get a good coach from a small pool of decent options. But yes I think he would be worth that money at UF.

What specifically makes Freeze worth 5 million per year to you? Just curious

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
OMFG......This thing is spinning so far out of control it's not even funny.......Chip Kelly, worth 8M, Freeze worth 5M.......here I thought we were all grown men on this board.....I hate to use the term but this is comic gold. Now let's get realistic around here.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n121068 said:
Now let's get realistic around here.

Okay, you go first. You keep hinting that you know something about who Foley is targeting but you havent shared it. I appreciate those, like Ox and others, who have heard things and shared it, or even those who are guessing or speculating. If not for those folks, we'd literally have nothing to talk about. I do find it interesting that the posters who spend 90+% of their time bitching and complaining about everything, never throw out names or suggestions, they just sit back and piss and moan about the names everyone else is throwing out. A great rule would be, if you think a candidate sucks ass, you can say that but you also have to state who YOU would hire, and the name cant be Freeze, Kelly or Stoops.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Freeze isn't going anywhere. Ole Miss will give him a well-deserved raise for beating Bama, winning the Egg Bowl, keeping MS out of the playoffs, and for being Hugh Freeze. He tweets all the time. Today is a rare day that he has not posted anything on Twitter.

Hugh Freeze on Twitter:
  • Don't just make a living. Make a mark, make a difference. Don't need 2change jobs, or change circumstances, just need 2change U/me!
  • The top priority in life is to glorify God. He is most glorified in us when we are satisfied with Him more than things or results.
  • Success equals.. Doing the best you can with what you have where you are!! It's stewarding every opportunity in every way, every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator