Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Keep this thread about Hugh Freeze only.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope that source updates you if Freeze signs the extension but holding out hope still he will choose to come here.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe Hugh Freeze will be the next head coach of the Florida Gators.

You're welcome.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n121104 said:
OXFORD -- Ole Miss and Hugh Freeze remain in contract negotiations Monday afternoon.
The sides are making progress, a source told the Clarion-Ledger, and there seems to be increased optimism that Freeze will stay at the school.
Why would they be worried he would leave? I thought it was his dream job.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
URGatorBait;n121101 said:
I don't believe Hugh Freeze will be the next head coach of the Florida Gators.

You're welcome.

I pray, I so hope and whatever else I can think of that your prediction is correct.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n121108 said:
I pray, I so hope and whatever else I can think of that your prediction is correct.
And remind us who you wanted? This should be good.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
oxrageous;n121107 said:
Why would they be worried he would leave? I thought it was his dream job.

I don't know if his Admin is worried or just negotiating a new contract based on his value to Ole Miss. I'm sure the fans are worried, fans being fans.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
oxrageous;n121111 said:
And remind us who you wanted? This should be good.

There are only 2 current D-1 coaches that I would be interested in. Dantonio at MSU or Patterson at TCU. Patterson was my choice in 2010 but well that did not happen. Other than that I would prefer going ther NFL route with an assistant such as Romans from San Fran or Gase from Denver. I also think if Fooley is patient or if the money guys lasso him like they did when they hired Meyer that a NFL head coach could come available, such as Mike Tomlin. That is not to say that a guy like Tomlin or Harbaugh would be interested, but you asked for my wish list. The number 1 thing on any wish list is a coach who can manage games, develop players and understand 3 phase football. Just ask UGA fans about game management. They are ready to do more than just run Richt out of town after the way he MISmanaged the game on Saturday.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n121142 said:
There are only 2 current D-1 coaches that I would be interested in. Dantonio at MSU or Patterson at TCU. Patterson was my choice in 2010 but well that did not happen. Other than that I would prefer going ther NFL route with an assistant such as Romans from San Fran or Gase from Denver. I also think if Fooley is patient or if the money guys lasso him like they did when they hired Meyer that a NFL head coach could come available, such as Mike Tomlin. That is not to say that a guy like Tomlin or Harbaugh would be interested, but you asked for my wish list. The number 1 thing on any wish list is a coach who can manage games, develop players and understand 3 phase football. Just ask UGA fans about game management. They are ready to do more than just run Richt out of town after the way he MISmanaged the game on Saturday.
:facepalm:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Espn just reported at the bottom of the screen Hugh freeze is signing an extension according to multiple sources

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In the last thread I said Freeze was worth 5 million and here's why:

First, he's been successful everywhere he's been. Lambuth, AR St, and now Ole Miss. Second, he took the worst team in the West and immediately turned them into a winning team and they've improved every year. Take this year for example. They will finish in the top 15 while beating two teams ranked in the top 10, one of which may be the national champs. Plus at one time they were ranked within the top 5, and I don't think that's happened in my lifetime.

OK so he doesn't have any championships, but no one wins championships at Ole Miss. He can win championships here. He's a great recruiter, has a solid track record for having good offenses, but these last couple years show that he also cares about defense. The style of offense he runs fits our current roster, and there won't be a dropoff on defense under his watch.

If he is the coach next year, not only will the offense show vast improvement but this team will be legitimate contenders to win the East. He's also a good enough recruiter to somewhat salvage what is currently a horrible class. I'm not going to expect a national championship from him within two years, but I do believe that he would eventually win a championship(s) as the coach here.

If this isn't split into paragraphs, then it's because I typed this on my phone.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n121150 said:
Espn just reported at the bottom of the screen Hugh freeze is signing an extension according to multiple sources

Welp, on to the next one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.