SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Why are some of you guys getting so whacked out over who you or anyone else thinks is going to be the next coach? Do you think Foley is sitting there reading your arguments and marking a check by the ones he gives merit. Why not wait until the hire is made and then have at it. Nothing you say or do is going to impact who gets the job. Go fishing or something in the meantime and celebrate the dawn of a new day.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The good thing about stoops is they beat fsu' s ass last time they played. I'm with ox. I'm going to be behind who ever we get

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If Stoops comes here, maybe we can get Jim Ross to sit in with Mick. Imagine...OH MY!!!, with GOD ALMIGHTY HE SPLIT HIM IN HALF!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
UPDATE:

- A call has been made to Chip Kelly's agent as he is the only candidate out there who may disrupt the Stoops eventuality.

- Barring from a stunner from Kelly, Stoops is the guy. Foley first contacted him after the Mizzou loss to gauge interest. At that time, Stoops and/or his reps made it known the interest was mutual.

- If the money works out (it will) Stoops will named the coach well before the bowl game.

- The really intriguing part is that Spurrier is aware that all of this going down, which explains his reactions after the game Saturday. As you know, Spurrier and Stoops are tight and Stoops surely spoke with Spurrier over the last few weeks.

- Moreover on Spurrier, he is planning to retire after the season and wants to be involved at UF in a mentor role, or certainly a support role for Stoops, Foley, etc. NOT a coaching role. Spurrier loves UF as much as you and me and is ready to see us back on top.

- Also, and this keeps coming up, but there's something cooking with Chizik, certainly not as head coach but an assistant. I've seen his name several times as being mentioned as part of a possible Stoops staff. T Rob and Lawing also likely retained.

​- While Treon was a nice story and a lifeline for Muschamp for a few weeks, and while Treon still has a future at UF as a skill player, Stoops is keenly aware already that Will Grier is the future at QB.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll go on record with this, if it's Stoops, we will be funning and gunning it again in the Swamp. I'm assuming Stoops' coordinators would be Josh Heupel on offense and his brother Mike Stoops on defense. Oklahoma is ranked 12th in offensive scoring this year and have had top offenses perennially.

This is gonna get fun again, if true. And when/if announced, you can bet some asses will be puckering up in Tallahassee, Knoxville, Athens and even Tuscaloosa.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Getting chizik on the staff would be nice. He's a hell of a recruiter. If I remember correctly he runs a 4~3 aswell as stoops. He may be a better d coordinator option than his brother.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Chizik comes here, he will be a coordinator. He's not leaving his job at ESPN for a position coach opening. He'll be the DC or nothing at all

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n108045 said:
If Chizik comes here, he will be a coordinator. He's not leaving his job at ESPN for a position coach opening. He'll be the DC or nothing at all

Kinda what I was thinking

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So is this going to be like 2010, where everyone and their mother and their mother's mother were reporting that Stoops to UF was a "done deal" right up until the point we hired Will Muschamp?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
K let me get this straight. If chip Kelly decides not to leave the eagles Bob stoops has already accepted the job. Him and spurrier have been shooting the **** lately so spurrier has decided to retire out of his love for Florida football to make sure our program gets put back in order. Meanwhile gene chizik has decided after years of being a defensive coordinator and a championship winning head coach he's going to come to Florida and coach linebackers. Also even though Bob stoops hasn't officially accepted the job yet he's decided will grier has beaten out Treon Harris at the qb position. Just so you know I've been laughing my ass off while typing this

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can't wait to tell my step dad this lol

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just got a message from someone else who confirmed that Bob Stoops is the guy. Whether or not Gene Chizik would be DC is not yet confirmed. You can almost certainly kiss Roper goodbye. I am extremely excited about this news.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n108066 said:
Just got a message from someone else who confirmed that Bob Stoops is the guy. Whether or not Gene Chizik would be DC is not yet confirmed. You can almost certainly kiss Roper goodbye. I am extremely excited about this news.

I'll believe it when the ink is dry on the contract. If insiders were to be taken at face value four years ago, we'd be in Year 4 of the Stoops Era.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n108068 said:
I'll believe it when the ink is dry on the contract. If insiders were to be taken at face value four years ago, we'd be in Year 4 of the Stoops Era.
Squatch I honestly don't remember a single time in 2010 it was claimed Bob Stoops took the job.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n108069 said:
Squatch I honestly don't remember a single time in 2010 it was claimed Bob Stoops took the job.

You're remembering it wrong then. Literally up until the day WM was hired, TONS of "insider" reports were blowing up about Stoops being the guy. Of course that has zero bearing on this year, but I remember it vividly. Hell, I almost fell over when my brother told me we hired Muschamp because I was pretty much expecting to hear Stoops had been hired.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n108068 said:

What I have always heard is that Stoops was contacted in 2002 after Spurrier and turned us down. Stoops was NOT contacted after Zook was canned as that was Meyer's from pretty much the beginning. I heard that Stoops was again contacted after Meyer's first retirement but before that one got rolling too deep, Meyer un-retired. Then, after Meyer retired again, it was Muschamp from the beginning. So, we've certainly flirted with Stoops a few times but there has been one official offer to him and that was way back in 2002, and then some discussion after Meyer's first retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb