SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
oxrageous;n107327 said:
Okay, here's a follow-up. It appears the NFL thing is really just speculative:

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Well, that rules out Quinn or Kelly (especially Kelly) as he's leading the NFC east and will likely be playing into January.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
divits;n108836 said:
In a thread filled with some spectacularly crazy speculation let me add an article with perhaps the most ridiculous speculation of all...

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2014/11/17/7233547/muschamp-out-at-florida-is-dazwatch-on

tumblr_inline_mgxxwh3hos1rx0oip.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n108834 said:
This.....

Kind of why I have been scratching my head on people saying McDaniels.
Yeah please name a offensive coordinator that hasn't been successful in New England with Brady under center

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
t-gator;n108851 said:
Yeah please name a offensive coordinator that hasn't been successful in New England with Brady under center

If we're judging by that success lets hire Cheeseburger, he needs a job.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
divits;n108836 said:
In a thread filled with some spectacularly crazy speculation let me add an article with perhaps the most ridiculous speculation of all...

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2014/1...is-dazwatch-on

In hindsight, we probably would've been better served keeping him all along. Not even a knock on Muschamp. But Daz hasn't been any worse, and there would've been a lot more continuity as opposed to the complete turnover we saw. Similar to WM, the players loved him and he was widely respected, warranted or not.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I thought this was interesting about Kelly and why he wouldn't come here (http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...035/florida-coaching-search-chip-kelly-rumors). If I use this writers reasoning as to why he wouldn't entertain it, I'll then offer my differing opinion on each.

Four reasons why this rumor does not make sense:

1. Florida would need to pay Nick Saban money. Kelly is currently making about $6.5 million with the Eagles, and while the Gators certainly have more financial flexibility than most programs, that's a whole lot of cash to lay down on a first contract. Only Saban makes that kind of money at the college level.
2. Chip Kelly does not love recruiting. In an interview with Philly Mag, he said one of the main advantages of working in the NFL (besides that hefty salary figure, presumably) was not having to spend time on the recruiting trail. He said his college schedule was more hectic in the offseason than during the season because of it, and losing that added responsibility allows him to spend more time watching tape, which he called the "fun part" of the job.
3. Chip Kelly has zero connections to the program or the area. While coaches without local ties have won in the SEC before, it's at least a concern. Philadelphia is about the closest Kelly has come to working in the Southeast in his career. A New Hampshire native, alum and former coach, he's also worked with Columbia (not in Florida), Johns Hopkins (also not in Florida) and Oregon (definitely not in Florida). Heck, he played ice hockey in high school, an instant disqualification for an SEC coaching position -- former hockey player Kevin Sumlin is perhaps the exception that proves that rule.
4. FootballScoop says so.

Response:

1. UF can afford to pay Nick Saban money and are willing to do so if needed. This doesn't hold water.
2. The beauty about recruiting for Florida is that your best recruits are within the state, would want to play in Kelly's offense, and the University has a good tradition to attract recruits. Ask Spurrier about how his golf game wasn't impacted.
3. I don't think this matters. Urban Meyer, Ron Zook, and other coaches didn't have connections to the program before arriving.
4. This makes more sense from the other three. Yes, because someone says it's so!

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Schiano: hell no.

McDaniels: Hayl No.

Gundy: meh

Quinn: meh

Stoops: surprisingly not for me.

Harbaugh: interested

Kelly: orgasm

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Just based on what Foley said about how he'd like the coach to have been "successful on the offensive side of the ball" rules out Quinn.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n108877 said:
This is the camp I'm in as well.

So you think Addazio? He's not much of an upgrade. 26-21 is his record.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n108877 said:
Originally posted by chferg View Post
Everyone Else : No
Daz: Yes please

#DazWatch

This is the camp I'm in as well.

You're not serious. Addazio?? C'mon, man.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n108857 said:
In hindsight, we probably would've been better served keeping him all along. Not even a knock on Muschamp. But Daz hasn't been any worse, and there would've been a lot more continuity as opposed to the complete turnover we saw. Similar to WM, the players loved him and he was widely respected, warranted or not.

You're right. But It sure would have been hard to convince anyone of that at the time.

Who in their right mind could imagine an offense even MORE boring and inept than the one we had in Daz's last year? I'm still having a very difficult time coming to grips with the fact that the University of Florida, in a state rich in the very best offensive talent in the country, could have offenses consistently ranked in the 100's. Really mind boggling.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
chferg;n108874 said:
Everyone Else : No
Daz: Yes please

#DazWatch

Sounds about right. Two years at BC, so I'm pretty sure he's eligible to go to the next level. :whistle:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hell yea bring addazio back! !!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n108885 said:
You're not serious. Addazio?? C'mon, man.
Either him or Schiano. Those are the obvious choices. Who the hell wants a one-trick pony like Chip Kelly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator